JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The anti-second amendment people who tried to ban semiautomatic firearms under the failed Petition 43 are at it again. This time they filed TWO anti-second amendment petitions. One would ban so-called "assault" firearms along with magazines greater than 10 rounds capacity. The other would require anyone wanting to purchase a firearm will required to obtain a "permit-to-purchase a firearm", then essentially go through two background checks and take a class/firearms training. Not surprising it would be let to the sole discretion of "authorities" whether to grant the permit or not. So those in far left counties like Multnomah or Lane should not expect to get approval of a firearm permit.

In addition, Petition 2022-17 has a gun registry scheme which gun owners can fulling expect will be used a year or two after implementation to confiscate guns given the highly likelihood these same individuals who filed these two petitions will in 2024 file another petition to confiscate all guns listed in the gun registry.

Petition 2022-17

Petition 2022-18

Last Edited:
Rinse and repeat. These goons have even less of an argument than ever. We've now seen a reduction in government protection (That is, people being kicked unconscious, senior citizens physically attacked. People having the homes attacked by hoards of rioters, ect). These so called godly leaders have not only failed to condemn those act they don't offer a solution for safety. I'm sorry, I mean safety for anyone with different opinions than theirs.

There have always been people hiding behind a religious book while trying to control or kill people. You can find it in most religious books. Modern times just show people never learn.

Rinse and repeat. These goons have even less of an argument than ever. We've now seen a reduction in government protection (That is, people being kicked unconscious, senior citizens physically attacked. People having the homes attacked by hoards of rioters, ect). These so called godly leaders have not only failed to condemn those act they don't offer a solution for safety. I'm sorry, I mean safety for anyone with different opinions than theirs.

There have always been people hiding behind a religious book while trying to control or kill people. You can find it in most religious books. Modern times just show people never learn.
Perhaps they should point out where in the Bible weapons and self-defense are forbiden. While teaching us to love one another, it most certainly doesn't instruct us to be victims. It teaches us just the opposite.

In fact the Bible never forbids self-defense, and believers are certainly allowed to defend themselves and their families. Even Jesus's disciples carried swords. In the garden of Gethsemane, they had swords. Swords in their day were weapons of war that were were used for self-defense just as firearms are to day.

Those that claim the 6th commandment is to not kill are ignorant. The translation is correctly "You are not to commit murder." A few excerpts that give illumination...

Exodus 22:2-3 "If a thief is caught in the act of breaking into a house and is struck and killed in the process, the person who killed the thief is not guilty of murder.

Luke 11:21 "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own mansion, his property is safe."

Isaiah 49:25 "Who can snatch the plunder of war from the hands of a warrior? Who can demand that a tyrant let his captives go?"

Luke 22:36, in which Jesus says, "Let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

Luke 22:38-39 where the disciples answer "Look, Lord, "we have two swords among us." and Jesus replies "That is enough."

Psalm 144:1 "Praise the Lord, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle."

Psalm 18:34 "He trains my hands for battle; he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow."

Nehemiah 4:16-18 "From that day forward, half of my men were doing the work and half of them were taking up spears, shields, bows, and body armor. Now the officers were behind all the people of Judah who were rebuilding the wall. Those who were carrying loads did so by keeping one hand on the work and the other on their weapon.

I would say distorting the 'Word' to strip people of their God given right of self defense and thus leaving them vulnerable to the wicked to be preyed upon, is very near the height of blasphemy.

Last Edited:
The anti-second amendment people who tried to ban semiautomatic firearms under the failed Petition 43 are at it again. This time they filed TWO anti-second amendment petitions. One would ban so-called "assault" firearms along with magazines greater than 10 rounds capacity. The other would require anyone wanting to purchase a firearm will required to obtain a "permit-to-purchase a firearm", then essentially go through two background checks and take a class/firearms training. Not surprising it would be let to the sole discretion of "authorities" whether to grant the permit or not. So those in far left counties like Multnomah or Lane should not expect to get approval of a firearm permit.

In addition, Petition 2022-17 has a gun registry scheme which gun owners can fulling expect will be used a year or two after implementation to confiscate guns given the highly likelihood these same individuals who filed these two petitions will in 2024 file another petition to confiscate all guns listed in the gun registry.

Petition 2022-17

Petition 2022-18
if signature gathering is successful when will these IPs be on the ballot?

It doesn't matter if any of this passes. All firearms controls are unconstitutional. Anybody who needs a frame-of-reference, that would be Marbury vs. Madison (1803): wherein "a law repugnant to the Constitution is void." So, use your logistical resources to "violate the law". I won't be selling a thing and I will be, at that point of time, "illegally importing" items for personal use. And, I encourage you all to do the same.

Anybody who complies with the potentially new rulings is not a friend of the Constitution. And, anybody who is selling "prohibited material" after the fact, at an AWB-equivalent markup, is a blatant enemy who is trying to take advantage of you for a buck.

Stand up for yourselves and others, for Pete's sake.

I love that. Mass civil disobedience would be amazing.
We have mass civil disobedience with traffic laws but you will still see a great many citizens supporting these laws and good luck seeing other drivers come to your aid if you are the one singled out by the cops for disobeying the traffic laws.

Edit: I would write more on this topic but my exit is coming up and this a hole in front of me is only doing 80, dang Sunday drivers.

Last Edited:
So, basically most people on this forum? Private sale background checks was a new ruling a few years back in Oregon and everyone in the classifieds here complies.
I would say that statement lacks proof or evidence. If the transaction is not recorded, how would anyone outside of it know? I am confident off book gun sales, home upgrades and unregistered child care happens everyday.

They have kids involved again. some are from states other than Oregon. .
of coarse highlighting the potland gun violence. As if anyone involved in that would obey any mag ban ect laws.:s0125:

They have kids involved again. some are from states other than Oregon. .
of coarse highlighting the potland gun violence. As if anyone involved in that would obey any mag ban ect laws.:s0125:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top