JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gah.. talk about double speak -

(8) "Semiautomatic assault firearm" means: (a) A selective-fire rifle capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user, or any of the following:

Gah.. talk about double speak -

(8) "Semiautomatic assault firearm" means: (a) A selective-fire rifle capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user, or any of the following:
The best part is that seemingly any firearm closely related to an AR15 would be subject to ban, potentially even single shot ARs:

(a) A selective-fire rifle capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user, or any of the following: Algimec Agmi, Armalite AR-180, Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type, Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1, Beretta AR-70, Bushmaster Auto Rifle, Calico model M-900, Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88, Colt AR-15 or Sporter, Daewoo K-1, Daewoo K-2, Daewoo Max-1, Daewoo Max-2, Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, Fabrique Nationale FN/LAR, Fabrique Nationale FN/FNC, FAMAS MAS 223, Feather AT-9or Mini-AT, Federal XC-900 or XC-450, Galil AR or ARM, Heckler & Koch HK-91, Heckler &Koch HK-93, Heckler & Koch HK-94, Ruger Mini-14/5F with folding stock,SIG 57 AMT or 500series, Spectre Auto Carbine, Springfield Armory BM59, Springfield Armory SAR-48,Springfield Armory G-3, Sterling MK-6, Steyr AUG, UZI Carbine or Mini-Carbine or Night hawk; (b)Any of the following semiautomaticcenterfirerifles:K-47, AK-74, AKM, AKS-74U,ARM, MAADI AK47, MAK90, MISR, NHM90, NHM91, Norinco 56, Norinco 56S, Norinco 84S,Norinco 86S, Poly Technologies AKS or AK-47, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, WASR-10, WUM, Rock River Arms LAR-47, Vector Arms AK-47, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster Carbon 15 Rifle, Bushmaster

Page 2XM15 Rifle, Bushmaster ACR Rifle, Bushmaster MOE Rifle, Colt Match Target Rifle, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms AR-15 Rifle, Olympic Arms A1 Rifle, Olympic Arms CAR Rifle, Olympic Arms PCR Rifle, Olympic Arms K3B Rifle, Olympic Arms K30R Rifle, Olympic Arms K16 Rifle, Olympic Arms K48 Rifle, Olympics Arms K8 Rifle, Olympic Arms K9 Rifle, DPMS Tactical Rifle, Smith and Wesson M&P15 Rifle, Rock River Arms LAR-15, Doublestar AR Rifle, Barrett REC7, Beretta Storm, Calico Liberty 50 or 50 Tactical Rifle, Calico Liberty100 or 100 Tactical Rifle, Calico Liberty I or I Tactical Rifle, Calico Liberty II or II Tactical Rifle, Hi-Point Carbine Rifle, HK-PSG-1, Kel-Tec Sub2000, Kel-Tec SU Rifle, Kel-Tec RFB, Remington Tactical Rifle Model 7615, SAR-8, SAR-4800, SR9, SLG 95,SLR 95 or 96, TNW M230or M2HB, Vector Arms UZI, Galil or Galil Sporter, Daewoo AR 100 or AR 110C, Fabrique Nationale/FN 308 Match or L1A1 Sporter, HK USC, IZHMASH Saiga AK, SIG Sauer 551-A1Rifle, SIG Sauer 556 Rifle, SIG Sauer 516 Rifle, SIG Sauer 716 Rifle, SIG Sauer M400 Rifle, M62S, Valmet M71S, Valmet M78S, Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine,BarrettM107A1or FGC-9; (c) All of the rifles listed in paragraphs (a) or (b) of this subsection,copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles with the same or greater capability of any such firearm regardless of the manufacturer or model name and number.

What legal methods can we use to discourage people from signing these petitions when they are collecting signatures in public spaces?
No one want's to hear this, but it's outreach. Stupid tactics like dressing up as antifa or showing up with our firearms to protest aren't going to sway any votes. In fact, it will just be used as fuel to galvanize the anti-gun folks even more. A bunch of people rolled into Portland last year to push out antifa...that went swimmingly :rolleyes: . Antifa is still there rioting every night and in response, we get sb 554.

Right now is the time to bring people into the fold with so many new gun owners, many of them being on the other side of the fence so to speak. The desire for gun control has fallen off for people under 30. We are seeing more minority gun ownership than in the past. With gun control having a history of being racist at its core, these bills disproportionately impact minority communities. Hell, there are entire subreddits dedicated to liberal gun owners that have exploded since the early pandemic. The less gatekeeping we have in the firearm community the better. I've personally seen anti-gunners turn into full "the NFA is unconstitutional" 2A advocates in the last year.

If we want to stop fighting unconstitutional 2A legislation we need to make gun rights a non-partisan issue. Right now any person who is pro-2a is our ally...doesn't matter if they are white, black, brown, purple, gay...whatever. If they like guns and support the 2nd amendment they are an ally in this.

If you have outreach ideas that can be done at the signature gathering sights, I am interested to here them.

If someone is trained and has the resources offering invitations to free training courses on basic firearm operation and safety would be a great start. The best thing to change someones mind about guns is to put one in their hand. Maj Toure is doing exactly this with Black Guns Matter. I think being there with data showing the ineffectiveness of these bans in reducing firearm deaths and that outreach programs are believe to be far more effective. I think showing the data that 2/3rds of gun deaths are suicides and that these laws won't do anything to change that. More importantly I think stressing that it is tone deaf to remove the suicide tool and not treat the reason why someone wants to commit suicide in the first place. I think speaking about the racist history of gun control is also effective. I think the most important thing is to be non-combative about it. Anti-gun folks are gonna be coming at you not to change your mind but to antagonize, because to them guns are evil and by supporting them you are evil too.

But I honestly think being at the signature gathering sights is like trying to stop a runaway train right before it's point of impact. Changing someones mind right at the signing may be pretty difficult. I think all the above things I have mentioned are things we should be doing NOW. We should be going out and getting more people involved in the shooting sports. We should be involving communities that traditionally have a negative view of guns but have every reason to be armed. Outreach to groups like the National African American Gun Association and The Pink Pistols are good for optics as well as bringing communities that were traditionally anti-gun into the 2a fold.

If someone is trained and has the resources offering invitations to free training courses on basic firearm operation and safety would be a great start. The best thing to change someones mind about guns is to put one in their hand. Maj Toure is doing exactly this with Black Guns Matter. I think being there with data showing the ineffectiveness of these bans in reducing firearm deaths and that outreach programs are believe to be far more effective. I think showing the data that 2/3rds of gun deaths are suicides and that these laws won't do anything to change that. More importantly I think stressing that it is tone deaf to remove the suicide tool and not treat the reason why someone wants to commit suicide in the first place. I think speaking about the racist history of gun control is also effective. I think the most important thing is to be non-combative about it. Anti-gun folks are gonna be coming at you not to change your mind but to antagonize, because to them guns are evil and by supporting them you are evil too.

But I honestly think being at the signature gathering sights is like trying to stop a runaway train right before it's point of impact. Changing someones mind right at the signing may be pretty difficult. I think all the above things I have mentioned are things we should be doing NOW. We should be going out and getting more people involved in the shooting sports. We should be involving communities that traditionally have a negative view of guns but have every reason to be armed. Outreach to groups like the National African American Gun Association and The Pink Pistols are good for optics as well as bringing communities that were traditionally anti-gun into the 2a fold.
Ideally I would like to prevent these IPs from ever making it on the ballot. That will be a whole lot less minds to persuade compared to those who will be voting on the IPs if they get on the ballot. The signature gatherers will have a major advantage if they are simply looking a for a signature to "save lives" versus pro 2A outreach efforts during course of daily life. An outreach effort that could reach the same density of people as the signature gatherers might help.

Ideally I would like to prevent these IPs from ever making it on the ballot. That will be a whole lot less minds to persuade compared to those who will be voting on the IPs if they get on the ballot. The signature gatherers will have a major advantage if they are simply looking a for a signature to "save lives" versus pro 2A outreach efforts during course of daily life. An outreach effort that could reach the same density of people as the signature gatherers might help.
Absolutely and I'm not saying we shouldn't be out there with facts and data at these sites either, just that it shouldn't be our only course of action. With more outreach and by making the 2A community larger we lessen the risk of even seeing these types of bills.

I think unconventional tactics may be necessary. I wonder if some observers dressed up as Antifa taking photos of people thinking about signing the petitions would be legal.

Really a bad idea if that is serious suggestion. That would turn public sentiment against you real quick and only encourage people to sign.

As usual the government will successfully blames the innocent gun owners while failing again to keep the criminals, mentally ill and degenerate either locked up or otherwise away from the general population.

The acts never come with a guarantee of safety because the never keep people safe.

Another opportunity is to campaign in SE/NE Portland - the communities hit the worst by the police draw-down - and explain to the locals how this group of "religious" people want them further subjugated to violence by removing their abilities to defend themselves. That'd be an interesting conversation.

The best part is that seemingly any firearm closely related to an AR15 would be subject to ban, potentially even single shot ARs:

(a) A selective-fire rifle capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user, or any of the following: Algimec Agmi, Armalite AR-180, Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type, Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1, Beretta AR-70, Bushmaster Auto Rifle, Calico model M-900, Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88, Colt AR-15 or Sporter, Daewoo K-1, Daewoo K-2, Daewoo Max-1, Daewoo Max-2, Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, Fabrique Nationale FN/LAR, Fabrique Nationale FN/FNC, FAMAS MAS 223, Feather AT-9or Mini-AT, Federal XC-900 or XC-450, Galil AR or ARM, Heckler & Koch HK-91, Heckler &Koch HK-93, Heckler & Koch HK-94, Ruger Mini-14/5F with folding stock,SIG 57 AMT or 500series, Spectre Auto Carbine, Springfield Armory BM59, Springfield Armory SAR-48,Springfield Armory G-3, Sterling MK-6, Steyr AUG, UZI Carbine or Mini-Carbine or Night hawk; (b)Any of the following semiautomaticcenterfirerifles:K-47, AK-74, AKM, AKS-74U,ARM, MAADI AK47, MAK90, MISR, NHM90, NHM91, Norinco 56, Norinco 56S, Norinco 84S,Norinco 86S, Poly Technologies AKS or AK-47, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, WASR-10, WUM, Rock River Arms LAR-47, Vector Arms AK-47, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster Carbon 15 Rifle, Bushmaster

Page 2XM15 Rifle, Bushmaster ACR Rifle, Bushmaster MOE Rifle, Colt Match Target Rifle, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms AR-15 Rifle, Olympic Arms A1 Rifle, Olympic Arms CAR Rifle, Olympic Arms PCR Rifle, Olympic Arms K3B Rifle, Olympic Arms K30R Rifle, Olympic Arms K16 Rifle, Olympic Arms K48 Rifle, Olympics Arms K8 Rifle, Olympic Arms K9 Rifle, DPMS Tactical Rifle, Smith and Wesson M&P15 Rifle, Rock River Arms LAR-15, Doublestar AR Rifle, Barrett REC7, Beretta Storm, Calico Liberty 50 or 50 Tactical Rifle, Calico Liberty100 or 100 Tactical Rifle, Calico Liberty I or I Tactical Rifle, Calico Liberty II or II Tactical Rifle, Hi-Point Carbine Rifle, HK-PSG-1, Kel-Tec Sub2000, Kel-Tec SU Rifle, Kel-Tec RFB, Remington Tactical Rifle Model 7615, SAR-8, SAR-4800, SR9, SLG 95,SLR 95 or 96, TNW M230or M2HB, Vector Arms UZI, Galil or Galil Sporter, Daewoo AR 100 or AR 110C, Fabrique Nationale/FN 308 Match or L1A1 Sporter, HK USC, IZHMASH Saiga AK, SIG Sauer 551-A1Rifle, SIG Sauer 556 Rifle, SIG Sauer 516 Rifle, SIG Sauer 716 Rifle, SIG Sauer M400 Rifle, M62S, Valmet M71S, Valmet M78S, Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine,BarrettM107A1or FGC-9; (c) All of the rifles listed in paragraphs (a) or (b) of this subsection,copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles with the same or greater capability of any such firearm regardless of the manufacturer or model name and number.
Geez I bet they copied that list from the Roberti-Roos Act of California, circa 1989
What a bunch of maroons... :rolleyes:

Another opportunity is to campaign in SE/NE Portland - the communities hit the worst by the police draw-down - and explain to the locals how this group of "religious" people want them further subjugated to violence by removing their abilities to defend themselves. That'd be an interesting conversation.
Don't waste your time. They will just look confused and say, "orange man bad" and continue to blame the republican minority in our state government.

Sheep to be shorn!

Don't waste your time, your breath, or thoughts on any of this, if sheeple haven't figured it out by now, they ain't never gonna!
Sadly, it's now an Us vs Them kinda deal, which is why its so important to resist Them in any way possible, because sooner or later, it's going to get real ugly and you need to have plans for YOU and YOURS, which don't include THEM!

Included visuals to help you out!
1620280219721.png
1620280288979.png
1620280334743.png
3 simple steps!

I saw a car a month or so ago with two bumper stickers that combined typically liberal policies with firearms promotion - one a rainbow flag with an AR-15 silhouette on it, and another with nice script lettering "Gun rights are minority rights". I think reminding people of the overlap in firearms ownership + liberal issues could cause some rethinking of the default liberal anti-gun stance. A peaceful protest with signs to that effect may be effective.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top