JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, covers the 80% complete receivers.

And calls them "semiautomatic assault weapons" all over the place and includes handguns and shotguns:
(3) the term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon' means--

(A) a semiautomatic rifle or semiautomatic shotgun that has the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition magazine; or

(B) a semiautomatic pistol that has--

(i) the capacity to accept a detachable ammunition magazine; and

(ii) any one of the features described in subsection (b);

And then there's this:
(5) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

From another site I am on

Capps, Lois [D-CA24]
Davis, Danny [D-IL7]
Matsui, Doris [D-CA6]
Napolitano, Grace [D-CA32]
Pallone, Frank [D-NJ6]
Schakowsky, Janice “Jan” [D-IL9]

Try not to act too surprised :D

And Henry Waxman who introduced this horrible bill. Lots of other things besides the firearms ban in there too.

I had no idea that there was an epidemic of DIY assault rifle building murders intent of killing mostly children. And to think I almost got swayed into their ilk.

Thank you Democratic party, you saved my life!

So stupid.

Notice the wuss friction states they are from. They have a voter given right to eff up their own state as they have but I hope this one gets hammered like the last. I wonder how many of the sponsors are up for re-election in 2014. I will bet none of them are that stupid. But we can hope they want to give the voter enough rope.... And of course we know our lovely D reps will fall right in to the party line.

Brutus out

I still don't get why they have such a raging hard on for a weapon set that kills the fewest number of people. I'm starting to believe they have an ulterior motive.

>> an ulterior motive.
Yes. These receivers are not serial #d so banning them ensures that every rifle in this category made in the future will have a serial number and be easier to police (and eventually confiscate if that is your goal). Furthermore it sets a federal precedent for regulation of semi-automatic rifles (even if these are not rifles yet) that may be used in future court/legislative battles.

THIS MUST NOT PASS.

Of course they have an ulterior motive. They know that these alone even the odds a bit if they choose to confiscate by force. Like somebody said on the forum earlier; Stone Axe Simple, A Caveman Could Use It. When the Constitutionalists win in the end... these bubblegummers should be deported.

Brutus Out

I'll start to worry about it, once it actually gets reported to the actual committee. Otherwise, it is just like getting worked up over people making posts regarding ammo shortages.

Won't stop me fro writing my House Reps, but you can't scream the sky is falling all the time. Only 11% ever pass committee.

It appears that the Santa Monica shooter used an 80% lower and that is what they are using as their justification. We better make noise to our reps or this could pass since there is a recent event involving the objects in question (I initially thought there was never an event involving an 80% lower).

Brief: Waxman introduces gun control bill - Santa Monica Daily PressSanta Monica Daily Press
Santa Monica College Shooting Update: John Zawahri likely built rifle used in deadly attack, officials say - Crimesider - CBS News
Congressman Henry Waxman Hopes to Ban "80 Percent Complete" Lower Receivers

I really hate it when idiots do bubblegum like this and make us all look bad. One guy and we all get our rights trampled on.

Whats irritating is they just make up thier own definition for an "assault rifle" because those bubblegum nuggets cant get it right.
Is there really a "machine gun epidemic"? If so, can I get one?
These people are parasites, scum.

Of course they have an ulterior motive. They know that these alone even the odds a bit if they choose to confiscate by force. Like somebody said on the forum earlier; Stone Axe Simple, A Caveman Could Use It. When the Constitutionalists win in the end... these bubblegummers should be deported.

Brutus Out
I was thinking something else.. :)

It appears that the Santa Monica shooter used an 80% lower and that is what they are using as their justification. We better make noise to our reps or this could pass since there is a recent event involving the objects in question (I initially thought there was never an event involving an 80% lower).

Brief: Waxman introduces gun control bill - Santa Monica Daily PressSanta Monica Daily Press
Santa Monica College Shooting Update: John Zawahri likely built rifle used in deadly attack, officials say - Crimesider - CBS News
Congressman Henry Waxman Hopes to Ban "80 Percent Complete" Lower Receivers

I really hate it when idiots do bubblegum like this and make us all look bad. One guy and we all get our rights trampled on.

Good luck with Murray &Cantdowell, they will vote party line every time....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top