JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
should try to get bill on the ballot saying those who put any gun bills on the ballot an it passes must be the ones who have to go get the guns themselves from such people or
Something to that effect. Instead of hiding behind other people as in law enforcement making them do the dirty work and putting their lives on the line for something they or most of them don't support. I would bet we could get enough signatures for that to get on the ballot.

There once was a time in America when calling for an infringement of Constitutional Rights was a call for ________. Rrrrright......like spitting on the flag would get someone a __________.

OMG? :eek:

OK, Ok, ok......times have changed. Though it's still funny, that the words of the Constitution haven't changed.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Also illegal under federal law. The gun owners protection act of 1986 forbids states from establishing registries that did not have them prior to 1986.

Not true. The Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 said "No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners' Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or dispositions be established."

It prohibited the records required by the FOPA being used to create a firearm registry, or any rules or regulations related to FOPA requiring creation of a firearm registry, but it didn't ban all creation of firearm registries in general.

California has created multiple new firearm registries since 1986, most recently for "bullet button assault weapons".

Last Edited:
Vote republican no matter how vile he or she may be. Democrats ARE going to get an AW ban here. It's all about numbers and not about thought or compromise or making a case.

It. Is. About. Votes.

If we don't stay united and win we lost most everything gun wise.

Democrats are NOT your friends. Don't be fooled.

How could they buyback an item they never owned?
How can they buy anything from a taxpayer when it's the taxpayer who funds them?

The use of the individual word is shorthand for the concept at large. You obviously understood what I was driving at, so why bother stating the obvious?

Instead of writing a book about the fed's inability to do a "buyback" in the literal sense, I'd rather know if the law proposed for Oregon has any precedent.

But yes, thank you for reminding me that the fed cannot "buy back" anything :rolleyes:

Also mentions anything with a threaded barrel...

Even so, I feel like the amount of gun owning Dems in this state may keep this from going too far. I hope, anyhow.
I wouldn't count on that. Hold your breath waiting, you'll pass out and start breathing again.

there is the option of registration. I get that most people still don't like that, but would it be cause for blood? For the vast majority, I doubt it.

The short answer, YES! The long answer, YES! I've got A LOT more questions for you if you really wanna pursue....

We all know the purpose of Registration
Let's all assume for a quick moment that EVERYONE that had one or more of their supposed "assault weapons" went with the grain and decided to just go ahead and register them. How could they ever begin to confiscate them without instigating an act of war? In other words, everyone despises registration because they don't want to be on a list, which could make it easier to be targeted for confiscation. But if EVERY single person was registered, the minute they did try to confiscate IF they did, how exactly would that go over? There are too many people who own them plain and simple. The moment word got out, the government has then declared war on its citizens and game on.

I personally find red flag laws much more dangerous in that they can cherry pick individual people one at a time who shouldn't own guns and the rest of us all sit silent because we think we're all still safe over here so long as we "act in line" or don't break some unwritten rule.

If we all registered, you piss one of us off you piss us all off. This is where gun owners acting as a cohesive community of people is so important. No single one of us stands us a chance. Only all together do we keep the 2nd amendment alive and well.

Welp, all I can say is keep voting those democrats in... They take your guns and encourage a homeless tent city to pop up on your block...
There's already a homeless tent City not a half mile from my house and the law says they can stay. They've gotten a good block closer in the last week and I'll be dammed if I'm gonna have human waste on my front lawn. I'll burn the tents down before I take it on the chin in the name of being a "good person."

Point is, you ain't lying

should be thrown on just based on the contradiction of rights on the part of the bill that states ...

The people of the State of Oregon find and declare:

(1) Both Article I, § 27 of the Oregon Constitution,
and, the 2nd Amendment of the United States
Constitution, premise the "Right to Bear Arms" on
the safety and security afforded to both
the individual and society; and,
(2) The casual, anonymous possession of assault
weapons actually threatens the safety and
security of both the individual and society and
does not qualify for constitutional protection.

should be thrown on just based on the contradiction of rights on the part of the bill that states ...

The people of the State of Oregon find and declare:

(1) Both Article I, § 27 of the Oregon Constitution,
and, the 2nd Amendment of the United States
Constitution, premise the "Right to Bear Arms" on
the safety and security afforded to both
the individual and society; and,
(2) The casual, anonymous possession of assault
weapons actually threatens the safety and
security of both the individual and society and
does not qualify for constitutional protection.

If they were actually a threat, they'd be dealing with way bigger problems. Aren't there more guns in this country than people now?
Interesting how 99% of guns aren't ever used on anyone and never hurt anyone but they love to focus on the other 1% ...it's almost like it's the people behind them and not the gun.

Before the 1900s we as common citizens could own, grenades, private warships, rapid fire guns . .. then in the 1900s the narrative went like this:

Government:. Those machine guns look dangerous, you must register those

Us: but it was the mob, what did we do? What about about select 3rd burst fire?

Government in the 80s:. Nope, and we are closing the registry...

Us: is that a ban?

*Crickets*

And now in the 21st

Government: those guns that resemble machine guns and select fire seem dangerous.

Us: but, they are just one round per trigger pull, we don't even have canons or private warships or grenades or full auto anymore, seriously just because they look scary you wanna ban them?

Government:. Shall always be infringed, ha ha ha

I dunno about you guys but, we entered the slippery slope almost 100 years ago. In 40 years they will be trying to ban bolt actions and lever guns because they use bullets the same as this nasty rapid fire guns.

I dunno about you guys but, we entered the slippery slope almost 100 years ago. In 40 years they will be trying to ban bolt actions and lever guns because they use bullets the same as this nasty rapid fire guns.

It's hard for me to know if I should be blaming government or the braindead people that keep pushing the idea. The guy petitioning for this 2020 Oregon AWB isn't even a politician he's just some idiot activist with too much free time on his hands and too much empty space between his ears. Every time the government bans something there's some rally of people behind them cheering it on. We have Bidens and Betos but we also have Ceasefires and Augusta churches.

Some people feel the government is here to nanny us. :s0050: usually the same people who think we don't need guns.
They want govt. to raise our children, put us through school, tell us where we can and can't go, how to spend our earnings, tell us we can't smoke or vape, etc. I guess since I haven't been handed anything from the government and wasn't raised to think that way it's only natural I take my and my family's safety as my own responsibility. Maybe that's with an AR pistol and a few 30 round mags by my bed, so what? :s0160:

Isn't this the guy (Greg wasson) the one that always files IP's with AWB? He hasn't even collected 100 signatures and this was started in February of 2019. I don't think this IP push is very serious compared to the Augustine Church group in 2018.

Wow, what an infringing crock of you know what! In some ways, way worse than anything the numbskulls in WA State have put together, but then it's not been passed . . . yet The Supreme Court need to put the kibosh on all these Infringing Laws being proposed and or already being put into action while awaiting District Court trials.

Not true. The Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 said "No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners' Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or dispositions be established."

It prohibited the records required by the FOPA being used to create a firearm registry, or any rules or regulations related to FOPA requiring creation of a firearm registry, but it didn't ban all creation of firearm registries in general.

California has created multiple new firearm registries since 1986, most recently for "bullet button assault weapons".

Itprevents states from starting a registry, that didn't already have one. California did. California was essentially grandfathered, which is how they get around it, but this would use data that is forbidden for states to use.

should try to get bill on the ballot saying those who put any gun bills on the ballot an it passes must be the ones who have to go get the guns themselves from such people or
Something to that effect. Instead of hiding behind other people as in law enforcement making them do the dirty work and putting their lives on the line for something they or most of them don't support. I would bet we could get enough signatures for that to get on the ballot.
What is the number of this so called assault bill and who is sponsoring it? First I have heard about it and just what in in the HXX do they claim is ugly and black now. I know of nothing that is an assault firearm that isn't under a class three licensed owners! If they are talking about semi auto firearms, I don't thing they have enough man power to cart them off even if they were given up willingly? These people are really out of their minds or totally eager to see what public unrest is going to look like. Other than the left minorities and their marches that end in riots, burning and looting. Those are pretty much controlled environments. I'm thinking owners cover a much larger area of physical concern. With all the natural disasters that have been overcome the last few years with fires and floods, we surely don't need man made ones. Most people are getting pretty fed up with the way tax money is being spent or rather wasted. One more mandated unfunded set of laws that do nothing except punish the law abiding. Today's national hearings by the House with Nadler being in charge. Millions spent in hearings and each with no evidence found of any misdoing except previous people who were in charge. They still continue on being fools, looking like fools, and acting fools, continuing to be fools. Spending our tax money. We work too hard to allow this to happen. It is pretty apparent the same is happening in our state or Oregon big time with the super majority and Governor who will sign any firearm bill, or any spending bill no matter what the results will be. Not only the Constitution is being nibbled away, both State and US. but the prior Bill of Rights, and Gods given Rights that were considered before the others were penned. The last time this type of bill was about to be attempted, it was a bunch of 15 year olds who couldn't own fire arms, prompted by a bunch of rogue religious leaders and submitted by leftist Democrats with the Governor ready with pen in hand. It would have outlaws any firearm that held over five rounds. You could only buy like five rounds at a time and forget the number a month but ridiculess. Is this getting totally crazy or what? I would hate to be the person that had to collect firearms if this passed. They couldn't pay me enough money. I'm sure the dangers involved would deem you uninsurable. Well it has to be submitted, passed, and enforced first. Then what a whole 180 days? Wonder if the brilliants thought about owners can't dispose of firearms without background checks for each firearm? Their law too that does absolutely nothing except make your wallet thinner.

Then what a whole 180 days?

120 days. Problem is, huge numbers of gun owners will not hear about the law and will be felons and not even know it!

From page 5 and 6 of the text:
1568802188103.png

Last Edited:
Isn't this the guy (Greg wasson) the one that always files IP's with AWB? He hasn't even collected 100 signatures and this was started in February of 2019. I don't think this IP push is very serious compared to the Augustine Church group in 2018.

I think that is the guy pushing it. I'd take it seriously. See Washington State vote on 1639. The Brits and Aussies didn't take gun control seriously and we know what happened to them. Why did it happen? Gun owners tell us why starting at 6:00.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top