JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh no not for mere registration or grandfathering. Not at all.
Many would agree to that as its better than nothing and truthfully the logical course of action here.

But forced property forfeiture with zero compensation.. I can tell you right now that just wont fly.

If the antis really wanted to play ball here, they'd grandfather (and possibly register) what was already owned, then restrict future sales of modern sporting rifles to NFA status, Still available, but with NFA limits and terms. They could then grandfather owned mags/drums and ban future sales of standard and high cap mag/drums while limiting capacity to some asinine, arbitrary limit like 20-15-13-7 as they've tried in other states.

That truly is the only "compromise" they can hope for.. but it would require them to actually compromise, not just demand.

Blood spilling will only take place if uncompensated confiscation arose since they keep wording it as such.

What is adequate 'compensation' to give up a tool that may save your life??? Stop thinking 'compromise', there is none!!!

Let's all assume for a quick moment that EVERYONE that had one or more of their supposed "assault weapons" went with the grain and decided to just go ahead and register them. How could they ever begin to confiscate them without instigating an act of war? In other words, everyone despises registration because they don't want to be on a list, which could make it easier to be targeted for confiscation. But if EVERY single person was registered, the minute they did try to confiscate IF they did, how exactly would that go over? There are too many people who own them plain and simple. The moment word got out, the government has then declared war on its citizens and game on.

I personally find red flag laws much more dangerous in that they can cherry pick individual people one at a time who shouldn't own guns and the rest of us all sit silent because we think we're all still safe over here so long as we "act in line" or don't break some unwritten rule.

If we all registered, you piss one of us off you piss us all off. This is where gun owners acting as a cohesive community of people is so important. No single one of us stands us a chance. Only all together do we keep the 2nd amendment alive and well.

Won't work that way. They simply send out letters that you are a felon if you retain possession of such registered weapon and give you 10 days to surrender it. Then they will make some high profile arrests, and that will scare many into complying. Rinse and repeat. But you are right that we ALL need to stick together and refuse any registration or confiscation scheme. Registration serves no lawful purpose, than to pave the way for easier confiscation!!

Won't work that way. They simply send out letters that you are a felon if you retain possession of such registered weapon and give you 10 days to surrender it. Then they will make some high profile arrests, and that will scare many into complying. Rinse and repeat. But you are right that we ALL need to stick together and refuse any registration or confiscation scheme. Registration serves no lawful purpose, than to pave the way for easier confiscation!!
With an estimated 15 million ARs in this country, which doesn't include all the guns they consider assault weapons apart from ARs, they're going to have a hard time making all of those arrests before some people start seeing the insanity of it all. Particularly the people that were swayed into voting against their family, friends and neighbors by the anti gun narrative.

I'm curious how many people who supported red flag laws came to see how egregious they were when a particular 84 year old veteran had his guns confiscated for having a private conversation in a diner.

Meanwhile the court system will be held up by lawsuit after lawsuit. I get what you're saying though and while I see them sending the letter, I don't see a registration scheme coming to fruition. Besides, they end up going door to door all they'll get is a bunch of lowers. There are enough 80% lowers being made out there every day that by the time is happens I wouldn't be surprised if there were in the millions.

Last Edited:
And seriously, we can do without the nannystate swearing censorship. Is this a forum celebrating the constitution or is it not. Just like guns, you don't get to decide how someone exercises their freedom of speech. Annoying.

And seriously, we can do without the nannystate swearing censorship. Is this a forum celebrating the constitution or is it not. Just like guns, you don't get to decide how someone exercises their freedom of speech. Annoying.
Friendly reminder here, This is a family friendly sight and as such, we employ a swear filter to keep things friendly!

There is a whole section about registration, which is not great, but basically renders this whole bill ineffective, or at least limits it to a ban on buying or transferring new 'assault weapons' into your possession.

At the moment there is nothing in that bill that would identify a registered AR as ok or an unregistered one as illegal, except for the database, so unless you are doing something that warrants police attention and confiscation/inspection of your gun in the first place, I'm not seeing how someone would get caught or in trouble for owning an unregistered 'assault weapon'.

The point of "registration" is to create an option which doesn't require dispossession of the rifle and thus doesn't require compensation under the takings clause of the 5A.

Of course, registration is just delayed dispossession.

This isn't a public square/assembly area where your freedom of speech is fully on display :rolleyes:
This is a privately owned forum/clubhouse; where the owners and the people who runs it have the final say

This is also not a State/Federally run online place where your full freedom of speech is protected:rolleyes:

This isn't a public square/assembly area where your freedom of speech is fully on display :rolleyes:
This is a privately owned forum/clubhouse; where the owners and the people who runs it have the final say

This is also not a State/Federally run online place where your full freedom of speech is protected:rolleyes:

I'm guilty of running a rant and having the moderators edit my post, but this is the way it is is. Our rights include the rules of private property, and I'm glad for it!

Sometimes one has to step back and assess the facts.

This will be killed by SCOTUS once it passes.

I pray for that, and if DJT replaces 1 or 2 more justices it may happen. With the current bunch, it's iffy. This is why reelection of DJT is so important for gun rights.

One question I have is, don't they already have a list of guns we are supposed to own if we bought them after the date they passed universal BGCs? They'd just have the BATF review every dealer's records since that date, record it all and give it to the State Police, and POOF, they have a list, no?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top