JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Everyone, I was too young during the last assault weapons ban so I don't know the answer to this question. If I order and pay for PMags that are on back order before the ban and the ban passes and I haven't received them yet, am I still able to receive them. I technically purchased them before the ban but I don't know? I just got screwed by the only person in town with them ($30 per magazine) which is less than a lot of people are paying but it still hurts. I would rather get 10 for $125 from dealers who don't price gouge instead and wait for awhile since I can't fire my AR anyways (still building it but have all the necessary parts to avoid being banned).

I'm going to go out on a limb here with lots of assumptions, because that's all anyone can do at this moment... but:

if a ban is decided upon by the all mighty powers that be, it would likely take a bit of time to go into effect. very rarely is something done when the gavel hits (or when the man says so).

the last ban was interesting (not really in a good way, but interesting none the less)... but i don't think anything will necessarily be the same as it was back then. i really don't remember exactly how it worked then, but i wasn't buying anything when it went through; i already owned everything i wanted (at least thought i had it all :) )

They will probaqbly write a new one so we won't really know what it is. The last time they grandfathered the existing mags and banned manufacture and sale of new ones. I think if they ban/confiscate existing ones there will be a huge uproar.

Back order them NOOWWWW!!! its only been a couple days since they went out of stock, i just backordered 50 10 minutes ago. The sites i see that have them backordered dont even charge them to your card until THEY SHIP!! grab a couple for your own use but if you want extras who cares if you have to wait 3 or 4 weeks.... thats my opinion but i'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and just did.

Back order them NOOWWWW!!! its only been a couple days since they went out of stock, i just backordered 50 10 minutes ago. The sites i see that have them backordered dont even charge them to your card until THEY SHIP!! grab a couple for your own use but if you want extras who cares if you have to wait 3 or 4 weeks.... thats my opinion but i'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and just did.

Conjecture by an organized, well placed few, who have everything to gain by rumoring up a scare, have set this in motion. Quite a few people have a financial interest in this feverish buying spree. As usual just follow the money. This is no different than any other commodity. Add to that the talking up of scarcity creates, again, artificially high demand, thus price increases. Manufacturers and supplier talk of "shortages". Now we all have to have the commodity now. Anyone truly believe that inventory was really that low? Not for one second. Blame ourselves as we pay thru the nose. I refuse to participate. I'll buy commodities when the dust settles.

I was just getting into shooting when the 1st ban went into place. I remember everyone scrambling for Glock mags. I also remember pre ban ARs going for $1700 when they sold new for like $499. I bought my 1st AR in 2000 (Bushmaster DCM) and it's still the most accurate AR I've ever shot. I bought 2 stripped lowers last summer cause I thought "O" man might get elected.

So once the second shooting hit I ordered 10 Pmags, 2 BX-25s and 2 black dog 22s.

If I remember right it was all based on manufacture date.
But like others have said, who knows whats coming down the pike.
Could be totally different from last time.

This is what I recall too. If a ban happens and it works the same way then backorder is no guarantee of delivery. Retail outlets will get whatever is left in the supply chain at that time and they will have to decide how to parcel that limited supply out.

I don't get why some of you are trying to buy mags in such mass quantities, to try and make a quick buck? Seriously if you have a dozen or so mags per rifle and maybe a few spare springs and followers you are pretty much set for life.

Well look at Californias high cap mag ban...IIRC you had to be in possession of mags prior to 01/01/2000. Their ban was for importation and sale of +10rd mags effective on that date. So if you didn't have them in hand, it was illegal to import them even though you had them on backorder.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top