JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still have to ask all the highly esteemed members here, can ANY one of you Please, Please explain in simple terms exactly what an assault weapon is!!! I have been wracking my tired little brain for years trying to figure this seemingly simple thing out, with no luck what so ever. I keep asking people I figure are smart and no one can come up with any thing, yet this "Assault Weapon" thing seems to be such a huge focus, I think it must be like BigFoot or something, Some one claims they might have seen one ONCE, and now every one seems to have it in there head that we must ban them, even though no one has in fact ever even seen one! Please help me here, For the Children!!!

It's an anti-2A invented term designed to be a buzzword for the intellectually dishonest, and low-information members of the constituency... but you already knew that.

:D

I want that @Medic! award! I'm gonna search for a trending thread from 2012...

Thank you.

I have quite a few on hand. Having revived so many dead threads myself. :rolleyes:

See what I've collected?

oldestthread0hx.jpg oldestthread0hx.jpg oldestthread0hx.jpg oldestthread0hx.jpg oldestthread0hx.jpg oldestthread0hx.jpg oldestthread0hx.jpg

Last Edited:
Still have to ask all the highly esteemed members here, can ANY one of you Please, Please explain in simple terms exactly what an assault weapon is!!! I have been wracking my tired little brain for years trying to figure this seemingly simple thing out, with no luck what so ever. I keep asking people I figure are smart and no one can come up with any thing, yet this "Assault Weapon" thing seems to be such a huge focus, I think it must be like BigFoot or something, Some one claims they might have seen one ONCE, and now every one seems to have it in there head that we must ban them, even though no one has in fact ever even seen one! Please help me here, For the Children!!!
Scary gun.

The exact definition is different from state to state (where defined) but it always seems to be centered around parts of the gun that look intimidating. This is of necessity because if you were banning guns based on which ones were used to kill people you'd ban the .22 handgun, and where's the fun in that?

Why go small? Make mine a pair of 16"/50 battleship guns... and the bird a college prof and I designed to mount 'em on. (We figured a stealth aircraft 400 feet long, weighing a thousand tons, driven by sixteen of the most powerful engines ever built, should be a heck of a "hit anything anywhere with no warning before attack" gunship.)

Wusses, I want Spaceship Yamato! 18" Guns! That's 2" more fun! :cool:

Wusses, I want Spaceship Yamato! 18" Guns! That's 2" more fun! :cool:
Yeah, but that tech everybody around can see you coming... the beast my prof and I designed was spec'ed to use the full spectrum of stealth technologies: passive radar redirection, active phase cancellation, adaptive-camo optical cloaking as that matures and with expansion room for future growth... the only warning you get is when the skies open up and rain destruction.

At the time, the prof's brother-in-law was an active-duty one-star, and when he found out what we'd designed he completely freaked and told us to bury the project, that nobody including his Air Force could be trusted with the capabilities these monsters could offer even if it meant sacrificing their more humanitarian capabilities like retaking hijacked jetliners in midair or bringing crippled Shuttles safely back into the atmosphere. (With four of these ready to go and given sufficient warning that the four jacked birds were off-course on 9-11, that day would still be just a nightmare rather than awful reality.)

But do the politicians in blue states care what anyone thinks other than them? Just look at Oregon. All but one national representative is a leftist. Wyden doesn't even live in Oregon yet he is a US senator. How does crap like that happen?
Same way hillary weasled her Arkansas butt into NY.

Yeah, but that tech everybody around can see you coming... the beast my prof and I designed was spec'ed to use the full spectrum of stealth technologies: passive radar redirection, active phase cancellation, adaptive-camo optical cloaking as that matures and with expansion room for future growth... the only warning you get is when the skies open up and rain destruction.

At the time, the prof's brother-in-law was an active-duty one-star, and when he found out what we'd designed he completely freaked and told us to bury the project, that nobody including his Air Force could be trusted with the capabilities these monsters could offer even if it meant sacrificing their more humanitarian capabilities like retaking hijacked jetliners in midair or bringing crippled Shuttles safely back into the atmosphere. (With four of these ready to go and given sufficient warning that the four jacked birds were off-course on 9-11, that day would still be just a nightmare rather than awful reality.)

Eh! Ya feel a ripple in the force and give it a broadside! :)

It's already been done.

If you go into the State Legislature and beat to death all of the liberals who vote against gun laws with a 2 x 4, guess what? The next day the survivors will be voting on a bill to ban 2 x 4s- the new deadly "assault weapon". Then they will outlaw trees, because they have multiple assault weapons in them.

Hell, get the Registry reopened and full-auto AK's will be like $300-500 before stamp same as the rest of the world...

Well, I'd expect new made-in-America AK's to start with a considerable premium until supply catches up to demand, but that's where I'd epect the equilibrium price to end up.

They're only banned to those who can't afford them - the pawns of the very group pushing for real bans...
Except for the fact that there's many states you can't own them like Washington. Modern machines guns are cheap but thinks to Reagans Firearms Owners' Protection Act of 1986 it's a supply and demand issue which drove up the price.

It ( assault weapon, assault rifle, assault pistol etc ) is well defined in US law and some states. What problem are you having with understanding the official terminology? YOU might not want to call your device that but that doesnt mean the government hasnt defined it for you. Select fire capability has nothing to do with it. Those are machine guns according to the US Code.

All of my assault rifles use silencers.

Except for the fact that there's many states you can't own them like Washington. Modern machines guns are cheap but thinks to Reagans Firearms Owners' Protection Act of 1986 it's a supply and demand issue which drove up the price.

It wasn't just Regan... don't forget that bubblegumming bull-BUBBLEGUM "voice vote" for the attachment of closing the registry that the presiding DEMOCRATS did, too. ;)

Neither side wants you to have the 2A, and they keep chipping away at it... the proof is that we're discussing what's already transpired. Believe me when I say I'm REALLY a non-partisan person, but as a former combat man I know that you train to take on the closest threat FIRST, then move to the next closest... and the DNC is right there with their bad-breath right in ALL of our faces... check them, THEN we move on the RNC schmucks! o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top