JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like a carbon copy of the crap they are trying to push in Washington also...

Most likely they are reading off the same agenda being pushed by Blumenthal and friends...

I consider myself a Liberal, even though that always seems to be a dirty word here. But this is garbage. Total and complete crock of bubblegum.

I consider myself a Liberal, even though that always seems to be a dirty word here. But this is garbage. Total and complete crock of bubblegum.

I don't really concern myself over a persons claims of Left/Right or what trips their trigger... As long as they are willing to hold an open, knowledgable discussion surrounded by facts and not emotion...

I do concur that all of this condemnation of firearms in general is a load of crap...

It's all being driven by a underground agenda...

Then it's up to you and other gun loving liberals to convince your party to drop gun control as a party plank by only supporting pro 2A candidates. No one else can do it. It has to be done from within.

Then it's up to you and other gun loving liberals to convince your party to drop gun control as a party plank by only supporting pro 2A candidates. No one else can do it. It has to be done from within.

I agree in spirit. But from the first hand experience ive had from members of this very website concerning my liberal views, id think a more accepting and open right wing would also be a fantastic idea.

Reading it, it looks to me like hunting is NOT an approved use of an assault rifle. Am I wrong?

This doesn't really have anything to do with hunting. It's an outright ban on "assault weapons" and hi-cap mags. If it passes, we won't be able to get them anymore, and we're supposed to register the ones we have. I suppose they'll "allow" us to hunt with our registered "assault weapons", but then again maybe not.

First thing is to try and prevent this from getting on the ballot. If it does, then we need to get enough people to vote against it.

This was just posted on "Off Topic" just a little bit ago...

New measure just filed in Oregon.

Didn't see that one. Figured if anything it'd show up in the legal section, seeing as it has to do with (terrible) proposed legislation. I figure the mods can merge the threads if necessary.

Looks like a carbon copy of the crap they are trying to push in Washington also...

Most likely they are reading off the same agenda being pushed by Blumenthal and friends...

Chee-too is a thousand percent correct.
The democrat party has adopted an anti-2d Amendment position. Therefore if you vote for them you have accepted them "warts and all."
I think we have been too accepting and open!!!!

Sheldon

Last Edited:
I read this ballot measure today and it has me furious. I feel like my head is going to explode. This is designed so my children can't own my magazines, or really my firearms.

The real fear is it could pass with population centers like Portland and Eugene voting for it. Our state is already govermentally structured to lap up this B.S. Government in this state will gladly trade the liberty of the citizens for a sham of knee jerk false security. F@#k them! This is feels so punitive!

I know I sound like it is already a done deal, it is not. We have to fight it like it is going to be a done deal or it will be.

While us 2A patriots recognize the importance of our right which I won't go into at the same time:

* The News Media (vile liars) want to sell commercial time for as much as possible, mass shootings are sensational so $$$$ plus in general and overall they are liberally biased.

* The Dems are desperate for talking points and votes and this is a topic their followers are largely ignorant of so easy to manipulate them.

* The Repubs are (mostly) pro gun rights for (nearly) the inverse reasons of the Dems mostly talking points.

Then there's us. Some of us recognize the importance of an armed citizenry, some shooting hobbyists, hunters, some self defense centric, many a mix of all of them. We're the minority being pushed around by the aholes mentioned above fighting their nasty games for their own motivations (mostly) having nothing to do with our rights.

I think if the Dems could magically snap their fingers and make all guns disappear tomorrow, they wouldn't do it. They'd lose their political talking point if they did. They don't care about saving anybody's life. I think THAT is why they push these solutions that to the uninformed sound good, but won't actually do what they claim, not even close. I'm saying they are intentionally stringing the issue along on purpose. The idea that political leaders are intentionally stringing along the citizens with bogus solutions while people are getting shot is as vile a notion I can think of for them to do.

The Repubs aren't that much better. Don't think they aren't glad to have the talking point to battle over. Don't think they don't like the donations to the pro gun rights groups (which I support and pay dues to) who support their campaigns and more. Don't think some aren't thrilled to see gun sales sky rocket at the constant threats to our rights. They are as bad as the dems, the difference being they are stupid enough to leave us armed.

We are betrayed by both sides and the "journalists". The question is what is the right move for us in these circumstances?

Thoughts? Criticisms?

Oh yes and now would be a really good time to donate to OFF.

Does anybody know the rules around standing around where they are gathering signatures to talk to voters about the pro gun perspective of the issue?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR