JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Entertaining the idea of a move to ID or MT, myself. This is complete BS that states can undermine the BOR and it's completely unconstitutional. If they want the laws changed, that's fine, there is the ability to change the Constitution. The way they are trying, isn't how that's done.

I would register a few receivers in order to keep using them openly, but would also have a few unregistered hidden away somewhere.

If they ever do come for the registered guns, I can hand them a stripped lower, put the parts on my stashed lowers, and figure out where I'm moving too.

I doubt any confiscation for registered guns would come any time soon though.

Entertaining the idea of a move to ID or MT, myself. This is complete BS that states can undermine the BOR and it's completely unconstitutional. If they want the laws changed, that's fine, there is the ability to change the Constitution. The way they are trying, isn't how that's done.
I don't even own anything on their list except a 10/22. But it's the principle. I'll take my tax dollars where they are appreciated

Dallas Oregon has passed a 2nd amendment preservation act. I'm thinking about there or maybe somewhere in that general direction maybe Josephine county will pass there sanctuary gun laws. All of my firearms fall under there definition of a "assault weapon" they all can accept mags greater than 10 rounds including my cc pistol. Plus IP43 states you may not target shoot on public land only approved ranges even though some select few target shooters trash the hell out of shooting spots I drive out as much as possible to enjoy our public forests & target shoot. I or we won't be able to use our ar10s for hunting like we do now. no more coyote hunting with ar's no more 18rd full sized 9mm.

Ps I wonder how many 80% lowers are coming into oregon & everywhere else with proposed "gun safety act" didn't we use to teach that stuff in school lol

If you want up to the minute updates on the court case I've been providing updates in the pinned IP 43 resources thread.

FYI, I'm one of the people that filed an appeal to the OR Supreme Court.

First Big Victory Against IP 43 | Oregon Outdoor Council

Moments ago, the Oregon Supreme Court denied two motions by the Chief Petitioners of IP 43.

Read the full document here.

In short, the Chief Petitioners were attempting to intervene in the appeals process to support the ballot title and file a memorandum in support of the ballot title.

Additionally, and more importantly, in the denial, the Oregon Supreme Court issued a deadline adjustment.

The original order from the court stated we had three days from the date the Oregon Attorney General files the answering memorandum (her document debating our argument as to why the ballot title is legally insufficient) to file our reply.

Now the order says three days from the date the AG's memo is due (June 18, 2018).

This is significant because the AG could have filed her memorandum prior to June 18th to speed up the process. With this change the timeline cannot be expedited by the actions of the AG.

As it stands this moment, it's possible that the signature gathering process may not be able to proceed until July 2nd. This leaves only four days to gather approximately 100,000 signatures – a near impossible feat.

As you know, these legal challenges are not cheap. If you wish to support our efforts, you can send donations via PayPal to [email protected] or by regular mail to PO Box 4193, Hillsboro, OR 97123.

I'm an American first and an Oregonian second...this IP is a line in the sand

picard_firstcontact.png

C'mon everybody we should donate 10 20 or 30 bucks each it isn't much. the opposition usually has millions keep that in mind. that's a pound of gun powder or 2 boxes of 9mm or few pack's of smokes. that we all blow rather quickly it isn't a financial burden at least I hope not. I'm going to & hope others do.

I too have been thinking about moving to ID or MT. I'm just sick of the one sided law. We can't find a single biased lawmaker in Salem. They all get what they want even if the majority of the state is opposed.

The war against private ownership of firearms will never cease, fueled onward by Democrat money, until all guns are gone, or the Second Civil War occurs and the Democrat anti-gun campaign is disarmed, de-financed, or shot.

So if this becomes law what's the game plan for us? Are we going to roll over & go alone with it or are we going to ignore it and hide? I'll just move somewhere that doesn't hate me for no good reason...
At worst, i only own 2 according to my recent BGC. So those get registered. If you didn't do any BGC on any, i would think NOT registering is best. I have 2 purchase, gives them reason to come talk to me. you that dont have any though BGC have no reason for them to come to your house. However when you are out at your favorite shooting area AND the authorities want to stop by and inspect, you are subject.
I too have been thinking about moving to ID or MT. I'm just sick of the one sided law. We can't find a single biased lawmaker in Salem. They all get what they want even if the majority of the state is opposed.
yes Oregon seems to have an open checkbook, and rules with what ever those in office want to do. It really amazes me, how so many I talk to are tired of what is going on, yet wont make the vote to change it. Maybe I have a small circle. I do not go to Portland much, and there is huge population there.

I would register a few receivers in order to keep using them openly, but would also have a few unregistered hidden away somewhere.

If they ever do come for the registered guns, I can hand them a stripped lower, put the parts on my stashed lowers, and figure out where I'm moving too.

I doubt any confiscation for registered guns would come any time soon though.

The ONLY reason for registration is for eventual confiscation. If this POS becomes law, I would envision confiscation not far behind!
:s0014:

If i had to register (again, except the mags, since all my stuffs "legal"), all this stuff, it would be near impossible. This is all about intelligence. The Gov wants to know who's got what and who-where they are.(Of course all they have to do is troll our site to get a fair demographic), Salems Lot got these bunch of church folks to front their play in my humble op and if it does get balloted might actually pass:mad:. Said it before, and even though Boise is going down hard meant it, if it does i'll sell the pad and exit stage, "Idaho".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top