JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Keep government out of our bedrooms. No on IP43
images.jpeg

I am disappointed by the NRA; they are late to the fight and provide little support when it comes to the state level 2nd amendment issues. OFF / Kevin Starrett is the only organization that has been involved with these fights from start to finish. Kevin has been pretty successful, but he needs more financial support.
If the NRA is disappointing, what is OHA - representing ten thousand OR hunters?

Need to have an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, printed on both sides, with info about IP43 and 44 on every porch, or in every mailbox, in the state. Have photos of common hunting rifles and concealed carry pistols that will become assault weapons if IP43 passes. Point out the more heinous stuff: can't use your nice Browning BAR hunting rifle to hunt on public land, your kid's 10/22 is now an assault weapon, no provision for moving them out of state if you move later, etc. Stats on how rare rifles are used in crime. Photos of men in favor of gun control: Stalin, Hitler, Mao, etc

Any idea how much it would cost just to print 1,700,000 of them? That's about how many households are in Oregon. There are around 2.3 million registered voters.

IP-43 is not going to be defeated by a negative vote in this state. Do the math, the power base is now in the three largest metropolitan areas..all overwhelmingly left wing. If you look at a demographics map it may seem that a large portion of Oregon is still neutral or conservative, but elections are won by voters, not square miles {unless you can figure out a way to register cows). Leftists don't break with the party line, even if that means some measure of personal sacrifice (read Saul Alinsky).

Shoveling more cash to Starrett, will give you the same degree of success that we saw with SB 941..
(if you consider that "pretty successful").​

The only chance is for an injunction coupled with a successful legal challenge, and yes, that may mean the SCOTUS.​

Not all registered democrats are leftists. I think its definately possible to vote it down. And I dont just think that for no reason I think that because many people much more in the know then I believe that. Definately going to encourage people to vote reguardless instead of trying to convince people its hopeless.

Not all registered democrats are leftists. I think its definately possible to vote it down. And I dont just think that for no reason I think that because many people much more in the know then I believe that. Definately going to encourage people to vote reguardless instead of trying to convince people its hopeless.
If the courts did their jobs properly it wouldn't be an issue.

ha! with that view......say goodbye to your guns

a democratic vote IS A VOTE FOR GUN CONTROL ITS THE PARTY'S ONLY MESSAGE EXCEPT SELLING HATE FOR TRUMP

vote for the haters....go lemmings!

ha! with that view......say goodbye to your guns

a democratic vote IS A VOTE FOR GUN CONTROL ITS THE PARTY'S ONLY MESSAGE EXCEPT SELLING HATE FOR TRUMP

vote for the haters....go lemmings!
Well, at least there are two of us! Win or lose on this ballot measure, it is only a speed bump toward the DEMOCRATIC PLATFORM GOAL of erasing the Second Amendment, and "melting all your guns into sculptures". Get it through your thick skulls - Democrats are the enemy. You're either with us, or against us. Stop voting Democrats to any position of authority in this state. That's the root of our problems in his state. You can't treat a sucking chest wound with bandaids! Not all registered Democrats are leftists, but all leftists are Democrats.

I think its definately possible to vote it down
Well, at least there are two of us! Win or lose on this ballot measure, it is only a speed bump toward the DEMOCRATIC PLATFORM GOAL of erasing the Second Amendment, and "melting all your guns into sculptures". Get it through your thick skulls - Democrats are the enemy. You're either with us, or against us. Stop voting Democrats to any position of authority in this state. That's the root of our problems in his state. You can't treat a sucking chest wound with bandaids! Not all registered Democrats are leftists, but all leftists are Democrats.

there are more then 2 of us with our eyes wide open but not many in here, and why I resolved to move out of state, I can no longer live with people I have no respect for and the same people keep voting to take away my rights or use the democrat govt to extort money from me.....and now oregon democrat gun owners are not only trying to take away my rights but want to turn me into a felon despite the fact I have a constitution that protects my rights....... screw you democrat oregonians

see ya's in the funny papers boys :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Gun owners that believe in party lines are the reason we continue to lose against the 90% anti-gunners. We need everyone to support our cause. If a gold fish some how got voting rights don't say, I don't vote with gold fish. It's a vote. Go get it because Brown, Bloomberg & Co, will. This is why we lose time and time again.

Gun owners that believe in party lines are the reason we continue to lose against the 90% anti-gunners. We need everyone to support our cause. If a gold fish some how got voting rights don't say, I don't vote with gold fish. It's a vote. Go get it because Brown, Bloomberg & Co, will. This is why we lose time and time again.
You're not understanding. There is no " little bit pregnant". It's the ideology involved in believing the Constitution can be tweaked at every new popular trend. There's more to the Second Amendment than " enjoying guns because they go bang", as one member here put it...oh, yeah...we'll all get together on this ballot measure, and when it's over, go back to electing the party pushing gun control. It'll just keep happening over, and over, just like school shootings...until you you fix the root cause. THAT is why we lose time and time again. Duluth Trading.

IP-43 is not going to be defeated by a negative vote in this state. Do the math, the power base is now in the three largest metropolitan areas..all overwhelmingly left wing. If you look at a demographics map it may seem that a large portion of Oregon is still neutral or conservative, but elections are won by voters, not square miles {unless you can figure out a way to register cows). Leftists don't break with the party line, even if that means some measure of personal sacrifice (read Saul Alinsky).

Shoveling more cash to Starrett, will give you the same degree of success that we saw with SB 941..
(if you consider that "pretty successful").​

The only chance is for an injunction coupled with a successful legal challenge, and yes, that may mean the SCOTUS.​
IP-43 would have to become law before it would be possible for some kind of an injunction( If possible at all). For the courts to become involved...IP 43 would have to pass and become law.....then someone would have to violate the law resulting from IP43.....then the violator would have to hire an attorney and challenge it in court.....In Oregon it's not likely he would win with all the liberal judges and liberal district attorneys....if he had the money to pursue his challenge all the way to the US Supreme Court(assuming SCOTUS would even accept it). This legal whole process would likely end-up costing millions of dollars in legal fees. The first defense of his case would likely cost the violator $200,000 to $300,000.

There are alot of hunters and gun owners in the metro and mid valley area. These are the people that must be educated on the lunacy of IP 43 & 44 and motivated to vote!

It's the people who show up and vote who decide!

Need to have an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, printed on both sides, with info about IP43 and 44 on every porch, or in every mailbox, in the state. Have photos of common hunting rifles and concealed carry pistols that will become assault weapons if IP43 passes. Point out the more heinous stuff: can't use your nice Browning BAR hunting rifle to hunt on public land, your kid's 10/22 is now an assault weapon, no provision for moving them out of state if you move later, etc. Stats on how rare rifles are used in crime. Photos of men in favor of gun control: Stalin, Hitler, Mao, etc

Any idea how much it would cost just to print 1,700,000 of them? That's about how many households are in Oregon. There are around 2.3 million registered voters.
Good points!

If you are liberal or conservative this bill affects all men and women.
We are not subjects and even if you think guns are evil and bad, even if?
This goes just to far, I know a couple over the top liberal anti-gunners and even they are shocked at how stupid far it is. They fear it has zero chance to pass just because its poorly written and and reaches. You may be wondering why such a stupid idea like hey lets ban everything would happen?

A person whom I can not quote as they wish to remain anonymous, said at a family function a couple weeks ago, Brown spoke of this not passing and they will be using its failure to pass, on what they can next year. In other words they know this is over the top so much so it will make next years bill seem tame when they can ban AK & AR styles which Brown seems to have stated at that function was the real goal. High caps are not evenm going to be considered next year from what was said. It just all smoke an mirrors.
But for God sake still get out and vote it wont pass, but by how far it doesn't is what she said matters.

And as usual you will i'm sure hear about this from the NRA and OFF when they get around to finding out as they are always months behind the reality of what is going on here. I simply do not have the resources to do what needs doing so I post on here time to time. Sucks being poor, but doing my share.

And as always feel free to ignore my post and return to your regular scheduled programming.

DH
The bar is pretty low to start the Initiative Petition process; I think it's less than 2,000 signatures are needed to file with the Secretary of State. There isn't much anyone can do to stop the filing process; it's what happens after the IP is approved by the Secretary of State that matters. Both the NRA and OFF waited until the very last possible day to file their title challenges. No reason to let the other side know what you are planning. Initially, OFF provided information on how to file your title challenges with the Secretary of State. It's my understanding that around 1400 people submitted challenges. That's more than any other title challenge. They had standing to file with the Oregon Supreme Court; but the court decided the now you have to hire a lawyer to file a state supreme court challenge so now its primarily the NRA & OFF. If the NRA had advised it's members to file the title challenge, I would hope there would have been 5,000 title challenges. Even if the title challenge is unsuccessful the NRA and OFF are diminishing the length of time the reverend and the rabbi have to gather signatures. If IP 43 & 44 get on the ballot lets hope the NRA becomes more involved in facilitating a grass roots campaign against them. I'm sure OFF will be involved.

Good points!

These points will not work on snowflakes. They do make sense, but the voters we need are non-sensicle.They could care less about hunting and prefer you don't.
Your kid's 10/22??!! They don't think kids should ever shoot period!! Get real!!
PS My kids do.
The post #864 above about it not your business what's in my bedroom has more of a chance. It sounds vaguely familiar to something they may have said. (Thinking) Yeah stay out of my bedroom.
This is the make or break of the fight. We don't need 8.5x11 paper. We need smart memes and social media persuasion. Clever well thought out sound bites. Positive portrayals of shooting sports like trap, sporting clays, Olympics etc...
Here's an example:
Kim Rhode - Wikipedia

Then you add some stirring inspirational music and suddenly stop it and ask-So do you want to take her medals away along with her guns?
I do believe the SCOTUS will recognize my CONSTITUTIONAL right, but we need to put this state correct also.

So if this becomes law what's the game plan for us? Are we going to roll over & go alone with it or are we going to ignore it and hide? I'll just move somewhere that doesn't hate me for no good reason. I'm young & will just live in my car until I can find a new home. People use to walk across this country I'll be fine.This feels like a personal attack & I for one am tired of it. I talk to my neighbors who are super liberal and they might not like the guns I have but they also don't think I or anyone else that committed no criminal action should be needlessly punished. This dose need to stop & hope it will. I wish you all the best.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top