JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you're actually serious about following these, you can start by going here:
https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsbytopic/Results.aspx?year=2023&subject=FIREARMS

This is where you comment on proposed legislation also. I suggest every WA NWFA go there and leave comments and oppose. Nothing is "sealed". There is a legislative process. Bills are introduced, discussed in committee, moved to the floor for a vote. Process happens in house and Senate. They then get consolidated/reconciled and moved to the governor. This is the short version.

Dan @bentoncity, would you mind cross posting this info as needed or pass along? I am not following most of the WA leg threads since I can't post commentary on the leg pages once I moved out of state.

Last Edited:
40 million guns sold during 2020-2021. Nearly half sold to women. I don't have numbers for how many women bought more than one gun in that period but articles state that many were 1st time buyers. I'm not saying that there aren't lots of anti-gun women but I am saying there may be a whole lot less of them since 2019.
There may well be more women who own handguns now than ever before, but the % of women on the whole, especially younger single women, who are gun friendly is lower than ever. They don't like all that school shooting stuff and they sure as hell don't like the AR-15.

The same women you see at the park with a dog today were at the park with a child just one generation ago. This is a completely different voter that is having a profound impact on national policy. We ignore this at our own peril.

My niece (who is fantastic) built an AR of her own last year. There are always exceptions. ...But that isn't the norm.

Yep. It's a massive reason why it passed. In Portland, all of the walkouts by students in support of M114....about 90% of them were girls.

I know I sound like some basement-dwelling incel, but it really is true: they are screwing this country up. I wish that wasn't the case, but we should have seen this craziness coming with Carrie Nation.
90% of the students who campaigned for 114 ARE girls lol. Just look at the LEVO photo ops next to Kate Brown..

FWIW I'm not some weird incel either. Happily married for many years with two daughters. I never had trouble meeting women. I'm just calling it as I see it.

It's these kind of responses that drive me and many others nuts and doesn't provide much encouragement given the amount of idiocy that's presently been floating around in recent times.

20230112_055204.jpg

Last Edited:
Basically every semiautomatic firearm; especially the scary looking ones.

If these clowns really wanted to save lives, they would be on Biden's arse about all the kids dying from fentanyl. This is not about saving lives, but the average democrat is not influenced by facts.

It's these kind of responses that drive me and many others nuts and doesn't provide much encouragement given the amount of idiocy that's presently that's been floating around in recent times.

View attachment 1344700
And some of you wonder why gun owners don't bother. There you go. If they have a D next to their name, then you are nothing to them.

I wrote my Senator one time and got the same response. Gave up after that. Now he floods my spam box with his garbage.

It's these kind of responses that drive me and many others nuts and doesn't provide much encouragement given the amount of idiocy that's presently been floating around in recent times.

View attachment 1344700
Notice the term(s) "gun violence" and "public health". This is the clever new BS spin on what they used to call "gun control". They are manipulating the smooth brained believers.

If these clowns really wanted to save lives, they would be on Biden's arse about all the kids dying from fentanyl. This is not about saving lives, but the average democrat is not influenced by facts.
100% correct. This is about disarming the people who disagree with them.

And some of you wonder why gun owners don't bother. There you go. If they have a D next to their name, then you are nothing to them.

I wrote my Senator one time and got the same response. Gave up after that. Now he floods my spam box with his garbage.
They patronize us like insolent children.

Yeah, so give up then. :rolleyes:

This is an example of the wrong attitude and typifies the vast majority of WA gun owners. Comment on the bills online or in person regardless. They still tally up the support/oppose/neutral responses and that does make a difference as other reps will bring that up.

Not to single out and shame the person I quoted. They are in the company of an estimated 2.5 MILLION to 3 MILLION WA gun owners. But this is why you all are where you are. Apathy.

Yeah, so give up then. :rolleyes:

This is an example of the wrong attitude and typifies the vast majority of WA gun owners. Comment on the bills online or in person regardless. They still tally up the support/oppose/neutral responses and that does make a difference as other reps will bring that up.

Not to single out and shame the person I quoted. They are in the company of an estimated 2.5 MILLION to 3 MILLION WA gun owners. But this is why you all are where you are. Apathy.
I live in OREGON, not Washington. But I lived there for 25 years, so yeah, forgive me if I'm apathetic. 🙄 We're outnumbered here. Get with the times.

I live in OREGON, not Washington. But I lived there for 25 years, so yeah, forgive me if I'm apathetic. 🙄 We're outnumbered here. Get with the times.
So what are going to do about 114 or any other anti-gun bill that they're tossing at us?

Last Edited:
So what are going to do about 114 or any other anti-gun bill that they're tossing at us
Well, the first thing that we can do is modify our approach to this problem. We don't have the demographics or numbers, so we have to lower ourselves to using their viewpoints against them. Convince them that gun control affects "people of color" and the LGBTQ+LSJIUEO":E#-whatevers, and especially "vulnerable black trans women". And then help them to understand that they can't trust the government, that only they are responsible for their safety, and that being armed "fights fascism".....since fascism seems to be their biggest fetish. Help them understand that the 2A applies to them too, not just to "Right-wing white Christians", or whomever they think gun owners are. Show them that there are other people out there who are Leftist and gun owners too. We need to start taking our rallies from county fairgrounds to city centers, and leave all of the radical nutjobs who just want to fight ANTIFA behind.

If anyone has a better idea, then I'm all open to it. But if you think we are going to vote our way out of this problem, then you're sorely mistaken. This isn't Alabama, South Dakota, or Missouri. It's Washington (and Oregon). You have to appeal to the biggest demographic there, and that's probably women, and the majority of the people here are Liberal and not gun owners. It doesn't mean that we have to adopt their ideology.....just use it to our advantage.

Does anyone know who actually writes these bills?
Not sure if that is a question or joke so I will refrain from answering other than to say it's a very small number of people usually from what I have seen. The ones I helped write was 2 people and those 2 get help from whoever as needed. It's simple division of labor. Most legislators have the stuff they are worried about and responsible for and pay attention to that. Most legislators have people in their circle they trust their opinion. And their policies/bills etc seem to almost always come from this close circle that you never see. Often these people are not in or active in Olympia. So if you know who a legislator listens to, l (often private citizens or friends tha they talk with often, talk to those poeple, not the legislator).

It's similar with bills, Fe a bipartisan bill may have one person who represents/is the go to guy for a certain area of concern for the bill on the left. That person usually knows the ins and outs of the subjects and also knows what their party wants (in general). That person may or may not be a legislator but they will be well known by the legislators for that party. Then you have another person for that area of concern for the right. Those two hammer it out. The rest of the legislators are not intimately involved and sort of delegate the work to those lead person(s). It's likely in this case imo the ones writing it know what the party wants but doesn't know jack about the subject matter. It's always the same circle of people for any given topic. So if you look around to see who is active and in a leadership role for anti-gun stuff they may be one of those people. It's not hard to figure out with a bit of work. From the opposite to anti-gun side you need to find the legislators who are not anti-gun and have power, then talk to the people that they actually listen to.

Well, the first thing that we can do is modify our approach to this problem. We don't have the demographics or numbers, so we have to lower ourselves to using their viewpoints against them. Convince them that gun control affects "people of color" and the LGBTQ+LSJIUEO":E#-whatevers, and especially "vulnerable black trans women". And then help them to understand that they can't trust the government, that only they are responsible for their safety, and that being armed "fights fascism".....since fascism seems to be their biggest fetish. Help them understand that the 2A applies to them too, not just to "Right-wing white Christians", or whomever they think gun owners are. Show them that there are other people out there who are Leftist and gun owners too. We need to start taking our rallies from county fairgrounds to city centers, and leave all of the radical nutjobs who just want to fight ANTIFA behind.

If anyone has a better idea, then I'm all open to it. But if you think we are going to vote our way out of this problem, then you're sorely mistaken. This isn't Alabama, South Dakota, or Missouri. It's Washington (and Oregon). You have to appeal to the biggest demographic there, and that's probably women, and the majority of the people here are Liberal and not gun owners. It doesn't mean that we have to adopt their ideology.....just use it to our advantage.
Maybe just maybe if the good old boys and many second amendment didn't accept gun control because the black panthers had guns and it kissed them off we wouldn't be here. It does affect majority gun owners. I explain this to my minority gun owners all the time. Many are pro second amendment. They also bring up the fact that whites in lower don't want minority's to have guns but ok for trumpers and klan to have them. It's about appealing to everyone and education them not writing hateful remarks that are ignorant at best. It's time to be for all the people

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top