Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Assault Bomb Ban

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 4Freedom, Apr 15, 2013.

1. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

Deadly explosions rock Boston marathon - CBS News

I first want to say that my heart goes out to the families and friends of those killed and wounded in these attacks.

So, what do people think we can do about this? I am wondering if we can put together some Assault Bomb Ban to prevent crazy people from killing people with bombs. I am sure we can put restrictions on the type of bombs people can own or maybe we can limit the amount of explosive material people can own, as too large of a quantity can produce larger, more assault-like bombs.

If anyone reads my previous posts they will see I said that if they ban our Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms, that murderers would always find other ways to murder and maim innocent, disarmed people.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  2. rocky3

rocky3 oregon coast Active Member

Just how do you keep people from making bombs. Any one with a chemistry handbook can make a very strong bomb. Household items also can be made into a homemade bomb, that can be deadly...and than we go into Molotov cocktails.

4Freedom and (deleted member) like this.
  3. SonicBlue03

SonicBlue03 Snohomish Well-Known Member

He's exempt from your comment about humor since it was neither funny nor creative.

Small IEDs, so will be interesting to see if this was politically motiviated or religiously. Think 1996 Atlanta.

4. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Many of us agree at the stupidity of the current gun ban push, but this is neither the time or place for humor.

5. 4Freedom

I wasn't exactly trying to be funny...

Everytime there is a mass shooting, people immediately come out and scream about banning guns..

So there is a bombing and now I am doing what they do and demanding we ban bombs.. Because, I don't want any more bomb attacks, just like these anti-2A people don't want gun attacks.

crrs894x and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Netspirit

Netspirit Bellevue, WA Active Member

I was apologizing for trying to make a joke myself. Events like this make it painfully obvious how "Gun-Free Zones" (or, in this case, "Explosives-Free Zones") are useless (and even counter-productive as they give the public a false sense of security).

TapRackNGo and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Squidly

Squidly Sandy Active Member

I don't see anything funny on this thread.

8. TippyTop

TippyTop Bremerton, WA Member

It was a lame attempt at a serious subject. Next time check yourself before posting.

9. Suge206

Suge206 Seattle Active Member

can you guys really just put your agenda, whatever it is, on hold for a bit?

10. 4Freedom

Salted Weapon is correct.. What happened is salt on the wounds.. The government wants to take away my right to defend myself and my loved ones.. They claim they can protect us from harm, yet what happened here shows clearly they cannot. Criminals will always have the means to terrorize and hurt the innocent.

I can only say I am pissed, but also sad, as it hurts me to think of people who lose loved ones.

NetSpirit, no need to apologize.. I don't think you meant bad by it.. I think "GUN FREE ZONE" signs are responsible for the deaths of many innocent people. They are in reality "MURDER SPREE ZONES".. What you wrote puts into a true light the foolishness and naivety of those people who claim to protect us, but really are endangering us.

TapRackNGo and (deleted member) like this.
  11. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Really...how long do we have to wait to point out the utter futility of any and all attempts to control the actions of human beings through 'sensible' legislation?

12. CascadeSam

CascadeSam Portland Oregon Active Member

TTAG is running a story on this already:
    Boston Bombings May Spark Restrictions on Reloading Components | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

The White House motto is to never let a crisis go to waste. Rather, it may or not be used as a call for more regulation for things they have been wanting to regulate.

A comment was made after the article:
    "The explosions occurred at the 26.2 mile mark of the marathon.
    The 26 mile mark was dedicated to victims of Newtown.
    Today is the anniversary of the battles of Lexington and Concord, the first battles of the revolutionary war."

The above might be something or nothing in relation to the bombing. It is far too early to know.

13. Suge206

Suge206 Seattle Active Member

That story is just blatant paranoia. It may restrict pigs from flying as well. Why don't you hang tight for a few?

14. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Notice big drop today? Silver is 22.63. Gold at 1350. Bloomberg is relating it to the bombing. Personally I think its due to tax day. Selling off some investments to make it work. I think we can all agree that gun/bomb/(thing) free zones are bad. It gives a false sense of security and usually are targeted heavily. Due to lack of guns and personal protection. But it will be interestig to see full story and who and why this bombing happend. Condolences go out to the hurt familys and friends in Boston.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  15. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Sad.

16. CascadeSam

CascadeSam Portland Oregon Active Member

Some of the drop might be related to the bombing and some to the general economic news. This also being April 15th tax filing day makes me wonder if there is the possibility of such an association.

17. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Apparently those Boston chowds are not as paranoid as the New Yawkers are. I would think with with all that goes on at an event like that, a big city like Boston, a very high profile event, that maybe somebody somewhere might have seen a use for nitrate/ explosive detection dogs at the finish, the start, along the route..just maybe ??? Homeland Security anyone ?

And for those of you making light of this and using it to make you own political statement about gun control...f off.

18. shootnscoot

shootnscoot Wa Well-Known Member

Who would you make a post like this so soon after bombs go off in our own country? Freak.

19. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

In English please....excellent 2nd post. Welcome.....

20. aslinged

aslinged Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm that an explosive drill was going on at the same time/same place?