Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

assailant suffers injuries in a fall

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kevatc, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Assailant suffers injuries from 'fall'

AUGUSTA, GA - Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Ga. told police he observed a customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveilance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket. When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidealk were four Marines collecting toys for the Toys for Tots program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpt. Phillip Duggan, in the back; the injury did not appear to be severe.

After police and an ambulance arrived at the scene, Cpt. Duggan was taken for treatment.

"The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw ..... injuries he sustained when he slipped and fell off the curb after stabbing the Marine," according to a police report.

:thumbup: :laugh: :thumbup: :laugh:

lowly monk and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Meridian7750

Meridian7750 Portland Area Well-Known Member

I LOVE THIS STORY. I hope Cpt. Duggan was not seriously injured, and that the Marines avoid the pathetic wrath of *** hats like the aclu (not capitalized, because they don't deserve to be).
    As for the poor, misunderstood criminal, may he get the Obama-care he truly deserves.
    Semper Fi

3. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

Hahaha love it!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

4. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I'd like to see more armed robbers "fall" off the curb. Sounds like that thief took a pretty nasty spill.

5. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Great story - hope it doesn't result in the "subject" being awarded any money by the courts. I remember a case in CA where a guy who was robbing Home Depot via a sky light in the middle of the night was chased by a K9 unit dog/officer. He fell through a sky light when the dog attacked him and was paralyzed due to the broken back he received in the fall. The lowlife managed to sue Home Depot for not having "guard rails" around each skylight and was awarded over $1million. The judge didn't allow the arrest/conviction information in the case nor was he to be seen in handcuffs in the courtroom. Personally I thought the judge should have had to pay part of the award or serve part of his sentence for this injustice.

6. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

Ya gotta love a happy ending!

7. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

It's a great story, but the injured robber part is not true.
    Snopes has the info.

8. Kevatc

My apologies for not "Snoping" this first. I still can't find anything specific to this on Snopes though. I thought this was a reputable article seeing how I took it from Michael Yon's Facebook posting today. Oh well. Like you said good story even if it isn't true.

9. SPU

SPU Southwest Oregon Old Fart

Say it ain't so Joe! Say it ain't so!

I loved that story.

10. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

11. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Hahahhaha.

The day when a facebook posting becomes a "reputable" source is the day I'm disowning the rest of the human race.

Still, great story.

12. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

You mean you haven't yet?

13. Kevatc

Not saying FB is reputable but Michael Yon most definitely is and it was from his FB posting. Oh well, guess even the best get caught once in awhile.