JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the feedback on this everyone, it is good to see the various insights and opinions on this matter. I'll get around to contacting the management, and the management of the various tenants when I'm able to approach it calmly and methodically- still a bit too annoyed for that. And I just realized- the Big5 there sells firearms so the whole concept of the mall's policies seem even more ludicrous.

Mark w can you please comment on this. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but restricting you carrying And restricting Firearms on the premises is the same?

Not specifically they are prohibiting firearms from the premises. You carrying concealeded has nothing to do with it.

Last I checked concealed means concealed.. That is why I invest in a lightweight vest over my shirt. I have yet to been seen.. Not to say it cannot happen. Probably lucky it was a security guard who was considerate, rather then some paranoid anti-gun person who would dial 911 saying man with gun in mall. You really got to be careful about this. Nonetheless, I don't like businesses that say firearms are prohibited, but that is the policy of most malls. Anyhow, the worst they can do is say to leave. That is why I keep my concealed weapon concealed. If I know there is any chance of being exposed, being told to leave is not the worst thing that could happen.

Technically they are not restricting your carrying they are restricting firearms from the premises. There is a difference.

Since they will end up being held responsable for anyone shot while in the Mall. (read sued) it is in there best interests to try to keep all firearms out of the Mall. The first step is to post a sign.

Now granted a BAD person will ignore the sign but a person respectful of other property will. And while the chances of a CC being used while in the Mall are tiny it is how ever one small way to help reduce the chance of someone (including a bad guy or the 12 year old standing behind the bad guy 3 stores away) from being shot.

Least that is what their laywers have told them.

Has anybody ever heard of a business being sued because of a CHL holder on their premesis that shot somebody? I'm being serious...has ever a case existed that anybody knows of?

I keep hearing that argument but I don't think it holds any water. I don't doubt that some litigious dingbat WOULD sue, just wondered there is any precedent.

As long as you stay out of the restricted area you're OK, they can't make the entire mall off limits just because a federal office is there at least not in WA. Maybe in OR?

Nope... Oregon has no restriction on carrying in govt. offices.. At least for CHL holders...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback on this everyone, it is good to see the various insights and opinions on this matter. I'll get around to contacting the management, and the management of the various tenants when I'm able to approach it calmly and methodically- still a bit too annoyed for that. And I just realized- the Big5 there sells firearms so the whole concept of the mall's policies seem even more ludicrous.

And that reminds me, about a year ago I was walking in the same mall with my English bulldog and security told me that dogs were not allowed unless they were seeing eye dogs. I informed them that they have a store in the mall that sells dogs and cats. The security guy had no reply and his facial expression was priceless. Lol.

I didn't read all the comments posted, so I apologize if I'm repeating something, but mall management doesn't care if you spend money there or not.

Businesses that operate within the mall... The Furniture Store, Hallmark, whoever.. pay rent for the space they're in. And THEY are the malls customers. Not you.

So long as they have tenants they are happy.

Going back to teh OP comments:
Concealed carry means you are requireed to conceal at all times - No excuses for shirts riding up or other issues. So if they saw it - it was no longer conceal carry.

Any building with a Federal Governemnt office in it ( Whether it is 1 small office or most the building) you cannot CC as I read the Oregon Laws. I would bet you most state offices have federal people in alot of their buildings also.

Becareful abouit the assumptions it changes alot

Yea I gotta agree with everyone sayin concealed means concealed. lettin your gun show is as bad as letting your bubblegum hang out of your pants. If it was concealed no one would have been the wiser so why boycott somewhere when it was your own fault? ya slipped up and got caught.

Yea I gotta agree with everyone sayin concealed means concealed. lettin your gun show is as bad as letting your bubblegum hang out of your pants. If it was concealed no one would have been the wiser so why boycott somewhere when it was your own fault? ya slipped up and got caught.

I disagree somewhat. Likely the point of concealing is to give the wearer a tactical advantage; it certainly isn't done for wearer comfort! However people need to get over this inane panic when they see the butt of a gun in a holster. Frankly I'm much more concerned when there is a gangbanger in line or a toothless miscreant with a 6" buck knife strapped to his thigh in line behind me. The few times I've accidentally caught a glimpse of somebody packing I wasn't at all concerned. Besides, how many gangster wannabes or crowd shooters carry weapons in concealment holsters?

Do you "freak" when a woman pulls out her keychain and there is a kubaton or mace attached? Not likely! But I bet you break out in a cold sweat when the family next door comes home with a case of Keystone Light and a box of bottle rockets!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top