JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ask Amy: about as real as Penthouse Forum.
KRAMER: George, George, Get a Penthouse Forum.

GEORGE: I'm not getting a Penthouse Forum.

KRAMER: That will make great dinner party conversation. We'll read the letters at the dinner table.

GEORGE: Oh, that's nice.

KRAMER: Hey, did you ever read one of these?

GEORGE: It's not real. They're all made up.

KRAMER: Oh, it's real.

GEORGE: You know there is an unusual number of people in this country having sex with AMPUTEES! . . . Penthouse forum, newspaper, gum, Clark Bar.

I saw this just today in a local newspaper up here and was trying to figure out an appropriate place to post about it. This is exactly what we are up against in what is now mainstream thinking. The guy said, "And it's not a normal gun, either, it's a .40 caliber semiautomatic." At the end, Amy says, "I weep that there is another... gun owner in this country."

This is what lots of ordinary, non-gun people think. Never mind the little issues like high capacity magazines, transfer issues, etc. Those things don't rate a second thought from most people. Those are complete throw-aways, too minor to care about to any degree.

I saw this just today in a local newspaper up here and was trying to figure out an appropriate place to post about it. This is exactly what we are up against in what is now mainstream thinking. The guy said, "And it's not a normal gun, either, it's a .40 caliber semiautomatic." At the end, Amy says, "I weep that there is another... gun owner in this country."

This is what lots of ordinary, non-gun people think. Never mind the little issues like high capacity magazines, transfer issues, etc. Those things don't rate a second thought from most people. Those are complete throw-aways, too minor to care about to any degree.

It should be posted next to the toilet and used appropriately..

That letter appears a total troll to 'Ask Amy'....and her (assuming its gender) response was best summed up by:

852911D2-BBDF-4102-B600-0A2937ADC5C4.jpeg

It should be simple :
If you don't want to own guns or have them in your house...then don't.
No one is saying that you have to own guns...
But don't be telling me what to do in my house or that I can't own guns....
Andy

We should all write "Ask Amy" and ask her to not answer letters where she has no knowledge of the subject. She sounds completely uneducated on the topic of firearms, and The Second Amendment. It makes me think she may have no education and shouldn't be passing herself of as having expertise in anything to do with counseling.

Last Edited:
You know she's a professional because she won't admit she is clueless on a topic and refer to a colleague that could give factual information.

Like, your daughter from the information you provided sounds like a logical and reasonable individual. Obviously, you as her dad, do not make her feel safe. Make sense she would take the next step. Next time you are braiding each others hair, take a minute to discuss your fears and learn what she has to offer about firearms.

Last Edited:
We should all write "Ask Amy" and ask her to not answer letters where she has no knowledge of the subject. She sounds completely uneducated on the topic of firearms, and The Second Amendment. I makes me think she may have no education and shouldn't be passing herself of as having expertise in anything to do with counseling.

Example:

Dear Dumbfounded: According to my research, possessing hollow point bullets is illegal in 11 states; is it legal in your state to own this sort of exploding ammunition?

Obviously, hollow points don't explode and separation is a failure in fact -- they expand (even RIPs don't really explode so much as break apart).

What about the 11 states part? I can't find great info on that -- this 2010 NSSF publication lists one state (NY) plus San Francisco as banning hollow points: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silencerco/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Ammunition-Laws-By-State.pdf Some people mention NJ but it seems more that you can't use it except for target practice -- I don't know -- there may be more since 2010 but I'm skeptical of the 11 figure. Anyway, she might be confused by explosive projectiles which are banned (at least in the reference above) in Juenea, CA, FL, IL, NY, and TN, but that still doesn't come up to 11 states:

Last Edited:
We should all write "Ask Amy" and ask her to not answer letters where she has no knowledge of the subject. She sounds completely uneducated on the topic of firearms, and The Second Amendment. It makes me think she may have no education and shouldn't be passing herself of as having expertise in anything to do with counseling.
The sad truth is the facts and truth don't matter to these types. They've got an agenda to further; denying, even lying is perfectly acceptable to them in order to further their goals. That's what we're up against.....

We should all write "Ask Amy" and ask her to not answer letters where she has no knowledge of the subject.
This would be like responding to a BOT in a chat room.
Like this one probably most of the 'letters' to Amy are fake so her 'answers' are essentially little more than extension of the original subject but supporting and agreeing with it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top