JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I gotta disagree with the whole age thing, any one over the age of 18 is a legal adult under the law and as such, afforded their full rights! Who are we to decide what and when a person is eligible to have their rights granted!
I don't think we should let the powers that be decided for us when our youth get to be adults and what rights and privlages they can have!
Hell if we let half of those in power decide when youth gets to be adults... the age of adulthood would be considerably lower.

wut? lol....

""The legislation, introduced Tuesday by Democratic Sen. John Rodgers, says those under the age of 21 "are not developmentally mature enough" to possess and use cellphones safely. The bill cites fatal car crashes and bullying among teens as reasons for the proposal.

The bill would make possession or use of a cellphone by anyone under 21 punishable by up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

The bill says that if those under 21 "aren't mature enough" to possess guns, smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol, then the same rule should apply to cellphone use. In recent years, the state has passed laws raising the minimum smoking age to 21 and prohibiting the sale of firearms to anyone under 21.

No state legislates a minimum age for cellphone ownership, but 38 states prohibit any use of cellphones by teens behind the wheel of a car.""

But then the deep seated reason behind it emerges:

""Rodgers, a strong supporter of gun rights, told the Times Argus that he introduced the bill to make a point about firearms, saying the Legislature "seems bent on taking away our Second Amendment rights."

"I have no delusions that it's going to pass. I wouldn't probably vote for it myself," he told the newspaper.""

So......why even introduce it then?

My teens freak out when their timer blocks their phones after 5h. They used to stare at the thing 10h a day...no clue how that's possible...oh yeah, they aren't mentally mature enough for it. Worst thing my wife an I ever did was getting them phones that early (youngest is 14 and addicted to it pretty much).

A bill to raise the driving age to 21 should be introduced. Can't buy guns or smokes 'till 21. Can't buy booze. Just look at the statistics? How many teens are killed every year in car crashes?

1) Every new law has a sunset date to be renewed or dropped from the books.

2) Since politicians are not part of The People per se 2A does not apply to them.

3) Since lawyers are Officers of the Court, and because it's an inherent conflict of interest they can't be in the legislature while engaging in the practice of Law. That just allows them to pass laws to benefit themselves.

I'm just waiting for glitter to be banned as it's microplastics are all over the world.

#banglitter

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top