JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ems introduce bill to make it ILLEGAL FOR ANYONE UNDER 21 TO POSSESS A CELL PHONE!!!
Crimes; possession of cell phones by persons under 21 years of age prohibited
Statement of purpose of bill as introduced: This bill proposes to prohibit the possession of cell phones by persons under 21 years of age.

[link to legislature.vermont.gov (secure)]

I am not making this up.

That was done purposefully to shoe how ridiculous it is for other infringements on civil liberties to be so easily promoted.

Isn't it already illegal to drive and use cell phones?
In many places yes. The law maker who came up with this idea says a lot more than that though, then says he is making a point about anti gun laws. The link in this thread go's to some strange site but if anyone just types in the headline you see lots of news links on it.
As for driving and Cell use different states have almost as many laws about that as they do about guns. The real problem with cell phones and driving is texting far more than talking. Most of the times there is a really nasty wreck with a phone they find the damn drivers were texting. It is amazing how often you see it out on the road. People heading down the road with their eyes on the phone no idea what's going on in front of the car. :eek:

So, yet another infringement of rights, also targeting our youth! This is a clear 1st adm violation! And, they are tying it to guns, drinking, smoking, and all sorts of other stuff, yet driving isn't their # 1 hit on the list for causing teens deaths? Whisky Tango Foxtrot!
I would be ok if they raised the driving age to 21, but get gawds sakes, leave the kiddies rights alone! I want my kids to be able to call in an emergency, I want them to call or texte there ok or that they are going out or going to be late, I want them to be able to call for help, or to call 911!

We need Democrat control!

So, yet another infringement of rights, also targeting our youth! This is a clear 1st adm violation! And, they are tying it to guns, drinking, smoking, and all sorts of other stuff, yet driving isn't their # 1 hit on the list for causing teens deaths? Whisky Tango Foxtrot!
I would be ok if they raised the driving age to 21, but get gawds sakes, leave the kiddies rights alone! I want my kids to be able to call in an emergency, I want them to call or texte there ok or that they are going out or going to be late, I want them to be able to call for help, or to call 911!

Yes. Mandatory registration of Assault Dems, background checks, waiting periods, limit of ten in a room at a time, their vote subject to suspension for indefinite duration by Red Flag at any time...

Here's a better news article from people who understand what he was doing:

I hate more laws.. I totally disagree with it.. but a part of me agrees some
(17 and younger) kids need their phones taken away. No social media either. Be kids.. do stuff, go places..

Then again, part of me wishes that anyone on gov assistance should lose their right to vote (while on assistance) to better encourage them to get off said assistance while also putting an end to this bought votes liberal pandering nonsense.. they keep using social programs as election voter leverage. More free this or more free that. Its now obvious its just about promising more free stuff to the masses that take advantage of the system. I also think the voting age should be raised to 30, so what do I know.

I gotta disagree with the whole age thing, any one over the age of 18 is a legal adult under the law and as such, afforded their full rights! Who are we to decide what and when a person is eligible to have their rights granted!
I don't think we should let the powers that be decided for us when our youth get to be adults and what rights and privlages they can have!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top