JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fire season restrictions are in place in Jackson county, as well as many others. You are subject to arrest for shooting in the woods during this time, which I (hopefully) am sure you understand. Please do your shooting at the public ranges in Ashland or Medford. The last thing we need down here is more fires.

There is a public range at the Jackson County sports park. From Medford, go out Crater Lake Hwy (hwy 62) to Hwy 140 and turn right. Go 2 or three miles and it's on your right. I forget the fee but it's not much. It's pretty nice with a covered area and benches.

Use google maps and driving directions from Medford, OR to Jackson County Sports Park. I just tried it and it worked. It's about 10 miles but good road.

jcsp.jpg

Here is the website to The Rogue Valley Shooting Sports Association (RVSSA). This is the website for the shooting range Gunner has posted. Has the range fees and where to get the passes.
<broken link removed>
Mike

Fire season restrictions are in place in Jackson county, as well as many others. You are subject to arrest for shooting in the woods during this time, which I (hopefully) am sure you understand. Please do your shooting at the public ranges in Ashland or Medford. The last thing we need down here is more fires.

This is not true. Fire restrictions mention nothing about shooting. I spoke with Dept. of Forestry and was told they would prefer you not use tracers or incendiary rounds (obvious) but shooting is not against the law during fire season.

Not to be rude or anything. But where did you come up with this?

This information is incorrect, and your threat of "arrest" is unnecessary.

Oregon Department of Forestry Fire Protection, Southwest Oregon District

I have also verified this by phone with the authorities. While I agree with your fire concerns, there are currently no prohibitions on target shooting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top