Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AS VAL & VSS - Russian Commandos Carry Suppressed Rifles That Can Shoot Through Body Armor

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by RicInOR, Jun 29, 2016.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

No but I want one!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. Nocaster

Nocaster Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Brutus57 likes this.
  4. cigars

cigars Beaverton, USA Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Shoot them first, then pick up their gun. I wouldn't mind having one of those so that's my game plan.

5. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

During my Army tour, I remember the big hoopla back then in the 80's-90's about the "ballistic knife" used by the Spetsnaz that could defeat body armor.... :rolleyes:

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. cigars

cigars Beaverton, USA Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Haha I was back on the border back then. We had Star Wars and the M-1 Abrams and they had the spring knife.

Brutus57, Doc In UPlace and Stomper like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Sub Light Speed Well-Known Member

That is one nasty rifle those Ruskies have! We found a cash of them in A-Stan, Russians Prolly forgot them! We played with them burning up all the ammo that was found with them! We ended up watching them getting run over with an M-1 tank! Not the most accurate for any distance, but with in 100 meters, sure a nasty surprise to any one on the wrong end! I would say get one if you can find one!

8. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

Heard about them a while ago. I want them as much as I want a Dragunov SVU. But we will never see them here due to stupid laws (922r being one example).

Ura-Ki likes this.
  9. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Looks pretty safe to me, no bayonet lug, no pistol grip, no barrel shroud, why, there isn't even a shoulder thing that goes up! And it has a wood stock so it's for hunting, right? :rolleyes:

Seriously for a second, I have a colleague who has a Five-seven AR upper and a Silencerco Sparrow suppressor on it. That Five-seven with SS109's will do a number on ballistic vests and there's that 50-round mag on top. I'll wager even the non-LAP rounds would void a vests' rating pretty quick too. It's a pretty sweet setup.

10. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

But the integrated suppressor. Think of the chilluns. :eek::D

11. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  12. cigars

The thing kinda reminds of an old Papa-Shu.

Nocaster likes this.
  13. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

I'm not as excited about the gun as I am the cartridge.
    I think a copy of this thread ought to be included here:

Pistol Caliber versus Rifle caliber for carbines (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/pistol-caliber-versus-rifle-caliber-for-carbines.222210/)

I would have a semi-auto carbine (Mini30 anyone?) throated to shoot 147gr 9mm slugs and .358 rifle slugs if I could, and have a deer slayer and a subsonic thumper in the same carbine.
    The rifle is pretty much un-reachable, for me, but I'd love to play with that cartridge.

14. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I Was thinking more on the lines of re-chambering an AK and possibly lengthening the mag well forward. The upper dust cover and safety are similar to an AK's. Then maybe adapt a PSL stock to work.

15. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

It's quiet so's it don't wake the chilluns. More safer!

Ura-Ki likes this.