JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone seen or heard of these?

Russian Commandos Carry Suppressed Rifles That Can Shoot Through Body Armor — War Is Boring (https://warisboring.com/russian-commandos-carry-suppressed-rifles-that-can-shoot-through-body-armor-15220633e421#.32l9h4erg)

nine-by-39-millimeter rounds

Use Circa George Bush 1 time in office.

0*ABy8P3RM0-J2Sy62.jpg

They shoot 9x39, kinda the Russian version of 300BLK, in the sense that it's a round optimized for being subsonic. I heard of an American wildcat round that tries to replicate 9x39 but the name escapes me. .375 something or other. I want one.

Eta: 358 Gremlin
<broken link removed>

That is one nasty rifle those Ruskies have! We found a cash of them in A-Stan, Russians Prolly forgot them! We played with them burning up all the ammo that was found with them! We ended up watching them getting run over with an M-1 tank! Not the most accurate for any distance, but with in 100 meters, sure a nasty surprise to any one on the wrong end! I would say get one if you can find one!

Looks pretty safe to me, no bayonet lug, no pistol grip, no barrel shroud, why, there isn't even a shoulder thing that goes up! And it has a wood stock so it's for hunting, right? :rolleyes:

Seriously for a second, I have a colleague who has a Five-seven AR upper and a Silencerco Sparrow suppressor on it. That Five-seven with SS109's will do a number on ballistic vests and there's that 50-round mag on top. I'll wager even the non-LAP rounds would void a vests' rating pretty quick too. It's a pretty sweet setup.

I'm not as excited about the gun as I am the cartridge.
I think a copy of this thread ought to be included here:

Pistol Caliber versus Rifle caliber for carbines (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/pistol-caliber-versus-rifle-caliber-for-carbines.222210/)

I would have a semi-auto carbine (Mini30 anyone?) throated to shoot 147gr 9mm slugs and .358 rifle slugs if I could, and have a deer slayer and a subsonic thumper in the same carbine.
The rifle is pretty much un-reachable, for me, but I'd love to play with that cartridge.

I Was thinking more on the lines of re-chambering an AK and possibly lengthening the mag well forward. The upper dust cover and safety are similar to an AK's. Then maybe adapt a PSL stock to work.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top