Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

As seen on ODT

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ZA_Survivalist, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

image.jpg Here's an ad I saw.. At first some and I mean "some" pity.. Then take a look as what this entitled SOB writes as an "update"..

Would you loan/give a firearm or bow to someone of that character, especially a stranger?!

Benny503 and etrain16 like this.
  2. scrandall01215

scrandall01215 Washougal,WA Well-Known Member

He can't afford to pay his bills but can afford lic., tags, gas , ammo, ext.
    I think the weapon is the less expensive part since you don't need anything fancy to havest a animal.

And to answer your question HELL No.
    Stacy

3. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I saw that yesterday and thought to myself, this is the same thing as standing on a street corner with a sign begging for money, but with an online ad.

Riot, U201491, Caveman Jim and 2 others like this.
  4. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

A friend, relative, neighbor - maybe.

Stranger?

No.

A person with an attitude like that?

Never in a million years.

3MTA3, Riot, U201491 and 3 others like this.
  5. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

This guy is a flake.

3MTA3, U201491 and Caveman Jim like this.
  6. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

and he wont even answer his phone, how rude!

7. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

everybody call him and leave a message that he's a friggin bum and to quick begging on the interwebs.

:s0114:

3MTA3, U201491, Caveman Jim and 3 others like this.
  8. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

What a jackwagon.....

9. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

Well his crys did not go unheard, I have a sympathetic heart, so as a Manager for a Major McDonalds Chain I called him up and offered him a Job, so he will get his hunting career off to a better start!

3MTA3, Norm0931, Sgt Nambu and 4 others like this.
  10. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

About the only thing I'd give him is a swift kick to the taint.

BrentN, ZA_Survivalist, 3MTA3 and 5 others like this.
  11. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

LOL.... That taint funny!

ZA_Survivalist, 3MTA3 and U201491 like this.
  12. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

That can't be for real.
    Has to be due too all that pot up thee LOL
    Ohhh damn now it's down here toooo :(

ZA_Survivalist likes this.
  13. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Trust me, the amount of pot available hasn't changed. It is just more visible now.

14. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow, what a tool. Must be part of the 'the world owes me something' crowd. Pretty ballsy to ask for something for nothing, then get pissed when you don't get it. I'd say his updated comment pretty much ended any chance he had. It seems to me if he needed something for hunting that he would have a buddy or two he could ask, rather than hit up a bunch of strangers. Seems to me the gun community is doing exactly what it should :)

15. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This tool reminds me of volunteering at a feed the homeless BBQ when I was in culinary school. Guy came up along the line to where I was grilling chicken and started spouting off about how it was about dam time etc.
    His co-losers did hush him down and gave him a hard time but I basically said, "FuDge you!" "Your mistaking me for a liberal but I don't give a poo about your little story!" "I'm here because I like that girl over there!"
    I'd like to take the above and my guy out hunting in the deep, deep woods!;)

U201491 and Stomper like this.
  16. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Overall, the homeless are there by choice. I have no use or patience for them, overall.

You should have fixed him a plate while he was standing there, spat in it and said, "here ya go, specially seasoned just for you!" o_O

3MTA3 likes this.
  17. jbett98

Believe me, this guy doesn't have any to kick.

18. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I'll let him borrow my FA MAC10/45...he seems like a nice guy and I trust people :)

19. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

Ain't this an ethical dilema...

The poster Bigfoot claims his "work hours were cut." But he's mistaken. His paid work hours were cut. What he fails to acknowledge is that he doesn't have time to go hunting, even with free ammo, free license, free tag, an all-expense paid ride to/from bambiland, AND a generously gifted weapon.

Those new idle hours for which he's no longer financially compensated are still "work hours." In fact, they have become the most important hours of his week... to update targeted resumes, start knocking on any door where people hire people, and fill out applications.

Nothing but dead-end, entry level "student" jobs not aligned with his chosen profession/career path? Oh well! I was hoping to fully retire by this point. Then life happened.

IMHO, even if someone is gullible enough to GIVE this guy a free weapon, he should be out hunting for work instead.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    etrain16, rick benjamin and 308 like this.
  20. jbett98

I was sitting in my work van one morning watching the rain come down fairly hard, and trying to talk myself out of my nice warm van and into a muddy foundation ditch that needed some shovel work before I started installing the form boards.

I was just about to call it a day and go home, when the guy next door to my job site rolls down his wheelchair ramp and started down the road in his motorized chair.
    He's a paraplegic from the waist down (auto accident) and he drives around the neighborhood everyday picking up stray pop/beer cans for the nickle deposit.

I called him over and asked him why he would be out in this crummy weather.
    He smiled and said that nobody else would be out, and all the cans would be his today, and off he went with his little American flag waving from a pole attached to his chair.

That day was a real turning point for me. If a guy in a wheelchair can spend the day in the rain picking up cans to make ends meet, what was I doing sitting here making excuses and feeling sorry for myself.
    I have no sympathy for anyone that has the physical ability to go hunting, but not take any job that would help them get ahead in life.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    IronMonster, teflon97239, BVB and 5 others like this.