JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpg Here's an ad I saw.. At first some and I mean "some" pity.. Then take a look as what this entitled SOB writes as an "update"..

Would you loan/give a firearm or bow to someone of that character, especially a stranger?!

He can't afford to pay his bills but can afford lic., tags, gas , ammo, ext.
I think the weapon is the less expensive part since you don't need anything fancy to havest a animal.

And to answer your question HELL No.
Stacy

I saw that yesterday and thought to myself, this is the same thing as standing on a street corner with a sign begging for money, but with an online ad.

Wow, what a tool. Must be part of the 'the world owes me something' crowd. Pretty ballsy to ask for something for nothing, then get pissed when you don't get it. I'd say his updated comment pretty much ended any chance he had. It seems to me if he needed something for hunting that he would have a buddy or two he could ask, rather than hit up a bunch of strangers. Seems to me the gun community is doing exactly what it should :)

This tool reminds me of volunteering at a feed the homeless BBQ when I was in culinary school. Guy came up along the line to where I was grilling chicken and started spouting off about how it was about dam time etc.
His co-losers did hush him down and gave him a hard time but I basically said, "FuDge you!" "Your mistaking me for a liberal but I don't give a poo about your little story!" "I'm here because I like that girl over there!"
I'd like to take the above and my guy out hunting in the deep, deep woods!;)

Ain't this an ethical dilema...

The poster Bigfoot claims his "work hours were cut." But he's mistaken. His paid work hours were cut. What he fails to acknowledge is that he doesn't have time to go hunting, even with free ammo, free license, free tag, an all-expense paid ride to/from bambiland, AND a generously gifted weapon.

Those new idle hours for which he's no longer financially compensated are still "work hours." In fact, they have become the most important hours of his week... to update targeted resumes, start knocking on any door where people hire people, and fill out applications.

Nothing but dead-end, entry level "student" jobs not aligned with his chosen profession/career path? Oh well! I was hoping to fully retire by this point. Then life happened.

IMHO, even if someone is gullible enough to GIVE this guy a free weapon, he should be out hunting for work instead.

Last Edited:
I was sitting in my work van one morning watching the rain come down fairly hard, and trying to talk myself out of my nice warm van and into a muddy foundation ditch that needed some shovel work before I started installing the form boards.

I was just about to call it a day and go home, when the guy next door to my job site rolls down his wheelchair ramp and started down the road in his motorized chair.
He's a paraplegic from the waist down (auto accident) and he drives around the neighborhood everyday picking up stray pop/beer cans for the nickle deposit.

I called him over and asked him why he would be out in this crummy weather.
He smiled and said that nobody else would be out, and all the cans would be his today, and off he went with his little American flag waving from a pole attached to his chair.

That day was a real turning point for me. If a guy in a wheelchair can spend the day in the rain picking up cans to make ends meet, what was I doing sitting here making excuses and feeling sorry for myself.
I have no sympathy for anyone that has the physical ability to go hunting, but not take any job that would help them get ahead in life.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top