JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is a joke..
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ee9_1190725613

"A walking man cannot use sights very well, instead firing from the hip in fully automatic during the assault, hence the term 'assault rifle.'"
Fail!

"Hanging more stuff on the gun causes it to jam"
...Since when?

Why does everybody need a heavy 100 rd C mag? What if it jams up..?

"Intellectual tinkerers are being overshadowed by task forces of scientists.."
..okay? Maybe they make some damn good discoveries while they're at it.
What is this about?

"If I took a rifle to the range, I would take an ak-47"
Okay, even I know they work just perfectly fine on the range, and will out shoot all of the ak variants, not including the accurized versions of either rifle.

"Jams at the range while I'm qualifying for the marine corps"
Okay, everybody who's qualified with a marine corps rifle knows that the weapons they supply for qual are the most terrible, worn out piles of trash in the corps. He's fooling nobody except the foolish.

Wow there's a lot of stupid in that video...

LOL, "The AK-74 out hits the M16 by 2-1 on full automatic" says the expert while holding the AK-47... Granted he's old...

HAH! They talk about how "unreliable" the m16 is and how it jams, then talk about C mags and how it's just a crime or something that we don't use them... umm, helllooo! WE DID, men died out in the desert with unclearable failures due the C mags... apparently they just HATE sand.... there is now a policy against their use, AFAIK so...

The ULTIMAX is what we should be using... no doubt... yeeeaaaah....

OH MY GOD MAKE THE STUPID STOP.... NO YOU DON'T FIRE ON FA FROM THE HIP DURING AN ASSAULT!!!!!111one1!

You can always find a few "experts" who agree with the point of view you're pushing, I guess.

People will never stop believing that the M16/AR platform sucks... I'm amazed at the bias of that report, not that the Army seems to have done a good job of defending the weapons system when asked but I'm guessing the clip of the general taking about rail systems wasn't the only footage they had talking to him...

Not even a mention of the new weapons in line for procurement...

The M16 isn't perfect but it's not a jam-o-matic with no "knock down power"[sic] as so many insist. Nor does the bullet tumble in flight, etc, etc.

A SP1 with heavy bullet will tumble in flight (1:12 62gr) sure does

This is true... should have added the qualifier "when using the appropriate bullet weight for your bbl's twist rate". As with any weapon you want to have good bullet weight/length - twist combination to ensure optimum ballistic performance.

I was talking with a guy the other day, an ex-marine he said he was (uh huh...) insisting that .223 and 5.56 bullets tumble "anywhere past 25 yards out of the barrel". Could NOT convince him otherwise...

The ULTIMAX is what we should be using... no doubt... yeeeaaaah....

The 1st time I saw that vid I thought neat, a guy who helped design the AR....'til it turned into a sales pitch for his stuff...:confused:

I would like to have his collection of "junk" that was sitting on his workbench though!

well I have alot of faith in a well maintaned AR platform. when cared for like anything else it will care for you back. But I have to say Im really excited about the scar's coming out this coming september and Im on the list to get one of those little doggies. I cant wait. It will be like trying to go to sleep christmas eve for the next eight months. No hijack inteneded either.

Using full auto with a C mag, soldiers without trigger control will just empty empty in ten seconds.

You can't pack another one of those things with any amount of efficiency.

30 rounds is the perfect number. Soldiers make better use of the ammunition they have. But they're not stuck with five rounds between each load either.

M16/M4 Platform is also a much more comfortable rifle than an AK. I'll admit this opinion may be because it's what I've trained with.

Jeez must be something "wrong" with my Colt carbine! Using Federal XM193 55gr. ball ammo through the 1/7 twist 16" barrel I'm not getting any of this 'tumble' at all. :huh:

OR (as an alternate theory) all three of these shots, at 100 yards, managed to all tumble, winding up nose-first into the target, along with every other 5.56 round, soft nose, frangible, BTHP, I've ever fired from this rifle at every other distance.

Yeah that's the ticket!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top