JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And then Genghis khan killed so many people that the earth showed signs of cooling because of the lack of regular fires (for cooking and heating) and farms returning to forests.

Now that's a lot of people.

Modern civilization has nothing on the past killers.

Civilization? As in a government that kills 20, 40, 70 million people? Not sure what the thread is about, is the aftermath of a storm even close to comparison to a war? Sounds like a crime problem by the topic.o_O

It is sad to say, but I am not surprised. The crime levels have always been bad on the island, though it does vary quite a bit depending on the area. Then the local economy tanked and it got worse. Throw in a direct hit from a hurricane and here you go. Candidly, I am glad I'm not there, and I hope my friend/colleague in San Juan stays safe.

The gun laws/regulations there (at least the last I checked) are completely asinine. But that doesn't stop the bad guys from being armed. What a shock. ;)

Last Edited:
On this subject, I bet someone could make a doctoral thesis on the murders done in the months after the end of WWII.
In the chaos of a disaster its a great time to get rid of the garbage so to speak

On this subject, I bet someone could make a doctoral thesis on the murders done in the months after the end of WWII.
In the chaos of a disaster its a great time to get rid of the garbage so to speak

That would be an interesting thesis to read. I remember some years back reading article that was about documented murders in the closing weeks/months of the war in Europe. It focused on Germany and how, as their society was being blasted to bits and the the state could no longer handle the normal functions, that there were more murders committed during the chaos. And by that, the author meant murders by civilians on the civilians for their own personal reasons. If come across it again, I will pass it along.

And then Genghis khan killed so many people that the earth showed signs of cooling because of the lack of regular fires (for cooking and heating) and farms returning to forests.

Now that's a lot of people.

Modern civilization has nothing on the past killers.
How did they measure that cool down and correlate it to human activity?

How did they measure that cool down and correlate it to human activity?

It was speculation from antarctic ice cores from ice that was deposited at the time of his invasion across Europe. CO2 levels in the ice were lower a tiny amount after suggesting more forests were growing and absorbing CO2 (more than large farm areas) and less fires from humans. There are other theories why it is lower but this is the most interesting possibility

It was speculation from antarctic ice cores from ice that was deposited at the time of his invasion across Europe. CO2 levels in the ice were lower a tiny amount after suggesting more forests were growing and absorbing CO2 (more than large farm areas) and less fires from humans. There are other theories why it is lower but this is the most interesting possibility
Thanks.
I'm listening to Hancocks book Magicians of the Gods and will see if he happens to mention this at some point.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top