JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a Oregon resident, can I sell a shotgun to another Oregon resident in a different Oregon city and mail it to him with no FTF meeting?

I am in Portland area and he is on the southern coast.

I was under the impression that in order to ship a firearm, it had to be sent to an FFL. A pistol needs to be shipped from an FFL to and FFL, but a long gun you can ship to their FFL after getting a copy of their license. I could be wrong, but I would look into the laws on it if I were you.

I was under the impression that in order to ship a firearm, it had to be sent to an FFL. A pistol needs to be shipped from an FFL to and FFL, but a long gun you can ship to their FFL after getting a copy of their license. I could be wrong, but I would look into the laws on it if I were you.

You are wrong. The ONLY requirement when shipping firearms is when shipping INTERSTATE (between states) and it ONLY requires a receiving FFL. You can not mail a handgun unless you have an FFL but you can ship one.

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Unlicensed Persons

An Oregon gun owner may ship a long gun to another Oregon resident with no FFL needed. I have looked up the laws before, but if you google it you will find what you are after.

Nonlicensee

[18 U.S.C. 921(a)(32), 922(g)(8) and 925(a)(1)]

(B7) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads