JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This article was just published in "Firearms News.Com." It was written by Jeff Knox, who is the son of Neal Knox who was the Executive Director of the NRA ILA from 78-82. Neal Knox was subsequently ousted in a staff mutiny. So you'll have to decide for yourself if he (Jeff Knox) knows what he's talking about or is still bitter and seeking revenge on behalf of his father. Perhaps the truth is somewhere in between those two options.

Give the article a read and see what you think. It's a little long but there's lots of info in it...that you'll need to decide the accuracy of.

What You May Not Know About Your NRA - Firearms News

It's past time for a major shake-up at the NRA. Their recent botched handling of the bump-stock is-sue, and their untenable position on Extreme Risk Protection Orders, are just symptoms of a much bigger problem, and that problem lands right in the middle of the executive offices on Waples Mill Road. Reform needs to start at the top. It's time for Wayne LaPierre to take his millions and go relax on a beach somewhere. Rather than rubber-stamping some hand-picked hack to replace him, the Board needs to rediscover the meaning of "fiduciary responsibility," and find a professional executive who is 100% dedicated to the principles of the Second Amendment, and who has the skills and vision to reorganize the NRA from the top down.

From the article:
"They are in court doing battle with New York Governor Cuomo over his efforts to get companies to refuse to do business with the association, and are under scrutiny by the Federal Elections Commission for......"

The author writes that as if it is the NRAs fault that a radical anti-2A NY Governor, and the deep state FEC has them tied up in court. Maybe he has been living under a rock for the past 3 years and is unaware of the unhinged hate storm by the left toward anything pro-2A, or pro-America?

He sounds kind of butt-hurt to me. Although he did write this:
"The NRA has done much good, and it is our most important weapon in the battle for rights." He wrote it after bashing them for 2 pages!

I don't care how much the executives make - they probably spend most of it on security because of threats from lunatic leftists. The organization may need some cleaning up, but I'll keep supporting the NRA, as well as every other pro-2A group that I can afford to support. Those who want to maintain gun rights, without actually using their guns to keep those rights, will do so as well.

From the article:
"They are in court doing battle with New York Governor Cuomo over his efforts to get companies to refuse to do business with the association, and are under scrutiny by the Federal Elections Commission for......"

The author writes that as if it is the NRAs fault that a radical anti-2A NY Governor, and the deep state FEC has them tied up in court. Maybe he has been living under a rock for the past 3 years and is unaware of the unhinged hate storm by the left toward anything pro-2A, or pro-America?

He sounds kind of butt-hurt to me. Although he did write this:
"The NRA has done much good, and it is our most important weapon in the battle for rights." He wrote it after bashing them for 2 pages!

I don't care how much the executives make - they probably spend most of it on security because of threats from lunatic leftists. The organization may need some cleaning up, but I'll keep supporting the NRA, as well as every other pro-2A group that I can afford to support. Those who want to maintain gun rights, without actually using their guns to keep those rights, will do so as well.

Yes, I couldn't quite tell what his point was with the, "doing battle with New York Governor Cuomo...," statement as that actually seems like a worthwhile pursuit to me. Perhaps he feels it's an unnecessary pursuit given that the NRA is $30 Million in the hole.

However, nowhere did I get the sense that he was pushing for not supporting the NRA. He certainly thinks there are some problems in the organization that need to be dealt with, but he seemed pretty clear...to me at least...that he is still very pro NRA...but very much wants/needs it to be a stronger and more competent organization, with comments like...

What we are is anti-corruption and anti-incompetence. We are committed NRA members, concerned about the core missions of the association, and the wise use of its members' resources.

We are facing a very challenging future. If we don't have a strong NRA, that future will be bleak in-deed for the Second Amendment.

On the issues of salaries, Wayne and Chris's salaries are certainly in line with numerous CEO's of major corporations. To me, I don't mind the salaries as long as we're getting good return on our money. To that end, I am not a very big fan of Wayne's. I think we could do a whole lot better for that kind of money. I haven't made my mind up yet about Chris.

I also think his assessment of the Board needing to "rediscover the meaning of fiduciary responsibility..." is absolutely accurate and a big part of the problem. Leadership/Management should be accountable to the Board but I think the Board has become a mostly ceremonial entity with no real teeth.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top