JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ease of reholstering is overrated for civilians. I see this come up as a negative for Blackhawk! and Uncle Mike IWB cheap-o holsters, but... let's be real. If a civilian has to draw, reholstering to leave the scene is a bad idea. We should plan for smooth interaction with LEOs, which is easiest when your hands are empty, and your firearm is visible (on the ground) when they arrive. If you reholster your weapon, expect to be physically secured.

Personally, I select holsters based on two criteria:

1) ease of access
2) concealability

In that order.

No pocket or ankle carry, for me. I'm in great shape. I have a flat stomach, and long arms. In a hurry... I still couldn't access an ankle holster with satisfactory speed. If you're overweight, in poor health, etc, and your primary weapon is on your ankle, you are effectively unarmed. Pocket carry can be ok, but it requires small pistols, and for your body position and clothing to line up properly for efficient draw. Some can make that work. Personally, I see no reason to. I can effortlessly carry a Ruger SR9c during summer months, IWB. this allows me immediate access to 10+1 of 9mm, in a platform that has a very easy trigger. I don't have a reason to go smaller, or to a DAO trigger.

At the end of the day, we may all disagree. Undoubtedly, somebody will wander in to tell me that they are a professional quick-draw pistolero, and that they hold 1" groups at 100 yards under rapid fire with a Kel Tec P3AT.

If I had to reholster with a Blackhawk! Inside the Pants holster for some reason, I could do it quickly. I know this, because I practice.

Having said that, there is no reason why anyone *needs* that style of holster over any other. There are great options available at low price points. I respect the rights of others to disagree with me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top