JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have found that Aguila .22LR ammo to be accurate enough for what I was using it for...plinking and hunting.
I'd buy some if I needed some .22LR ammo.
That said , I also found it to leave my bore dirtier and have a bad smell....
( I'm sure a shot of penicllin errr....Hoppes number 9 would fix that right up..:eek::D )
Andy

Last Edited:
odd differences of response to such as accuracy/smell/cost/etc.

I was astonished at the wide range of comments at the rimfire site on this marque, and the various quibbles over the article/chart as published. I'm perfectly willing to admit my observations of a wide range of phenomena may differ from others. Until I see some other 'study' the Aguila article is as good a source as I've actually accessed.

It seems to burn at least as clean in my pistols as any other including CCI/Blazer/Federal & a host of the non-premium target rated SV stuff.

In 2 recent rather involved personal accuracy trials, with 4 pistols/6 ammos, I got consistently better 10 short groups from bench rested at 50'; From time to time I will get all 10 shots IN the paper target center X ring,approximately 1.5" across. Good enough for my needs.

Plus, the High Standard guy in Texas running the new High Standard mfg outfit, says that's the best to use in HS to 1) avoid frame issues due to higher stresses, and 2) best accuracy in the HS pistols. So far I have to agree.

In SASS I used to experiment with lots of different reloading powders. From time to time I 'd get considerable changes in the downwind whiff of some new load. It got to where I could tell about a 1/2 dozen or so powders apart. No so much these days.

I went into 3 different BiMarts after lunch that day. They all told me they were 'OUT' of any 22 ammo since early morning. I'd buy more at $20/brick.
I've only ever bought their 60gr heavies and some little stubbies before last Friday (I only bought 2).
Always go to Bi-Mart on black fri at 0500!

Not so good article. Lots of buzz words. They also do not list the twist rate or the chamber types. Our Frankenstein Ruger 10-22 Suppressed Short Barrel Rifle uses the 8 inch Green Mountain 10-22 Charger pistol barrel. Stainless steel. Bentz chamber. 1-9 twist.

Not 1x15 or 1x16. The Aquila Sub Sonic heavy long 60 grain lead solids perform extremely well. Practically one ragged big hole at 25 yards. I am surprised they did not mention key holing with this round with standard twist barrels? Or did I miss that part. Could have.

Eliteiron Echo 6" suppressor. One hears the hammer dropping. A POP. The action cycling. Then a distinct THUMP when the bullet hits the back stop or more so hitting the steel plate. GOINNG! Very little gas into this left handed face. We are happy campers.

Forgot to mention the cool neat .22rf hollow pointer bullet driller widget. Sportsmans Guide on sale. You use a variable speed drill to drill a dinky hollow point into the aforementioned long 60 grain lead bullet. Ongoing fun project. Will advise. Gelatin testing doable?

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

<broken link removed>
www.eliteiron.com
www.sportsmanguide.com

Last Edited:
Bimart was wiped out last friday morning when I got there, the young guy gave me a rain check for 1 brick each of lead and copper!
That right there is rare for a black friday deal.
Good on the newberg guy!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads