JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't.

I saw something similar by that jack wad that writes satire for the NYT. Talked about how the Republican Senators were bragging that they ensured more people would be killed by guns, pretending it was an actual interview and that the senators actually said those things.

This is not funny. These people (the onion) are not happy that we retained our rights for another day. They need to not be encouraged, because all they do is make light of a very serious topic.

Can't stand folks who play fast and loose with the facts, unless somewhere they clearly state that this is fiction. Too much of that today. From my perspective this wouldn't be funny anyway.

I can see some lib's picking this up and running with it as fact.

Hell a senator ( I forget which one) actually started a federal investigation over a story run by "The Duffel Blog". It's a fake military news source. They ran an article about detainees in Gitmo collecting SS checks, and using the GI bill for college.

I don't care for the Onion's sarcasm and I don't find it amusing. The Onion may have published it yet it is in some ways it is very similar to what the mainstream press have been vomiting up with their misleading propaganda for months.

I usually enjoy the onion, but I found that article to be pretty typical Anti-Gun rubbish.

I was having a debate with a pro Obama, Anti-Gun (Anti AR15 at least) cousin of mine and he made one really good statement that bothers me.

"So you don't want me to listen to the mainstream media's lies about guns, you want me to listen to conservative media's lies about guns?"

I can't defend the position or morals of any Pro gun media, because I don't have the time to verify every factoid, and we're just as likely to gobble up news that supports our view as gun control advocates...

I wish there was a source of... THE TRUTH somewhere... a source that everybody could trust. I hate slinging insults and facts back and forth over the fence with these people.

THE TRUTH does not exist, because essentially, even in science, it's someone's OPINION and everybody has an AGENDA. That's also why you can't argue facts with your friend (or anyone else for that matter).

I've spent so much time looking for it under every rock, sometimes even coming close, that it gives me a headache to think about it. At a minimum I make sure to read from sources that I know will challenge my thoughts and opinion: Pravda, Siffy News, Arab News, Al Zareera, Huff Po, Little Green Footballs, etc.. With an open mind I can at least ping things off of my own moral compass, and yes, sometimes my opinion of THE TRUTH sometimes changes based on new information.

The best way to argue our side is by example (logic and facts don't work in an emotional argument). We need to always present ourselves in as good a light as possible. We need to outreach (ala Mark W) so that others know we are just like them, and give positive exposure to our sport. If they relate to us, it makes it harder to objectify us as "the enemy".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top