JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good article on how to better conceal your gun. And if you're not familiar with Greg, you should check out his site. He's a retired cop and highly respected trainer, as well as a prolific writer of all things guns and tactics. :)

There are a lot of folks who say that deep concealment of your carry pistol isn't necessary. Those folks will tell you that people aren't very observant and that most of the humans you encounter as you go about your daily life wouldn't notice if you were open carrying a bazooka.
I actually agree with them. MOST people are not observant and will probably not notice if your weapon concealment isn't up to par. But I'm not carrying my gun to protect me against the average dude in the grocery store or Suzy SoccerMom. I honestly don't care if those people aren't paying attention. I'm not worried about them.

A few thoughts. OK, but you have 0.5-1.0 second to make a clean draw after you make that decision. If perp has his gun out, you will probably be shot. Deep concealment would tend to work against an effective draw - unless you buy some 25/8 Soopertactical gear, that makes you look like a cyborg or someone with a tumor.

Of at least of equal importantce is the practice of constant situational awareness, conceled or open. You cannot draw fast enough if you are unaware. Impossible. If you attempt to draw from the drop, you will probably take a round. Reaction is always 2nd place to action.

Watch the actual shootings on various channels, Active Self Protection being one of the best. If you are aware of trouble arriving, you can leave the immediate area. If you can't leave, you can draw and carry furtively until you can engage from cover. If the bad guy has the drop on you, you'd better toss your wallet, run to cover and assess from there.

Just sayin'

Easy. If you're a somewhat chunky but relatively fit ("dadbod type") , bearded male, do this. no one will look for a printing gun :eek: they're too busy staring at the booty thedailytay.png

Currently, I carry in the smallest possible fanny pack, but have a Gerber knife pouch next to it. If someone is checking me out, I hope to draw their eyes to the knife.

1) Did he pack a sock in has pants to draw attention or is he bragging? :D

2) Front pocket of Carhartt cargo pants is capable of holding a sizeable pistol and a chequebook or some other flat item in front of it prints as a rectangle, not a gun. Works in the back pocket too, just with a smaller piece.

3) Since I rarely leave the tranquility our bucolic semi-rural estate and almost always during daylight the apex predator scenario is pretty unlikely and I try to keep my head out of my a$$ when I'm out and about.

Currently, I carry in the smallest possible fanny pack, but have a Gerber knife pouch next to it. If someone is checking me out, I hope to draw their eyes to the knife.
Funny that u mention gerber knife pouch. I carry a small gerber multi tool pouch on my belt all the time with a naa 22 magnum in it. It's a second weapon that is always there due to its 6.7 oz weight. It just looks like an ordinary multi tool pouch u see all the time. Another member here also had a great suggestion which was if you have a pouch that attaches horizontally to a black belt, it's pretty much invisible (example below).
. BCBA2394-A6AD-4C98-8FEE-816AB3F75C22.jpeg

Easy. If you're a somewhat chunky but relatively fit ("dadbod type") , bearded male, do this. no one will look for a printing gun :eek: they're too busy staring at the bootyView attachment 875023
Dammit. I can't un-see that.

But I do agree a bit with Ellifritz. These days, best not to be trying so hard to look so tactical every day. Maybe I can turn all my 5-11 cargo pants into Daisy Dukes like the guy in the pic...

Every day I wear cargo pants or shorts. And I carry a note book and business cards in the outer pocket right over the gun. It flattens every thing out And looks like a cell phone. Every so often I whip out the note book or the card wallet so that the people I work with every day get used to it too. The gun has become invisible.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top