Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Arsenal Strike One Beavertail Question

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Nov 9, 2014.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

In the pics of the Arsenal Strike One online there is no beavertail. On the one I received there is a huge beavertail. Does anyone know if the beavertail is something they added on the new guns and the pics are of preliminary models...or is the beavertail something they did away with and the pics are of the new guns?

The serial number on mine is in the 100's so I cannot imagine it is a new model.

Here is how the beavertail on mine looks and below that is how they look in the pics online.

SOBT_zpsdeaa96d6.jpg

arsenal-strike-one-12_zps631321a8.jpg

2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Dammmm..... That looks like a toungue depressor. :p

clearconscience likes this.
  3. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

I don't know, I saw there was a new video by some Yankee-something guy on YouTube but I didn't watch it. You should probably ask him [emoji12]

4. usagi

usagi Redmond Well-Known Member

the beavertail is on production guns.

my guess is a bunch of people getting slide bite during testing. you can also see they added a rib, presumably to stretch out and thin the webbing of the hand. combine that with the beavertail, both to prevent slide bite.

5. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

That guy knows even less about guns than I do.

Modeler likes this.
  6. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Yeah, that guy is too busy showing off his moobies and ripping off Fate of Destiny's expose' video openings.... and such. :s0114:

7. 45 for me

45 for me Oregon Well-Known Member

Ha ha, I liked your video. The guns I have seen pictures of were without the beavertail. In the accompanying articles, one mentioned that the examples were pre production guns, and not the final version. My guess is you have the most recent update, and that that is the final production version (for now)