JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Too bad people's political affiliations won't let them see ol' Harry is part of the problem. And as President of the Senate, he is a part of the problem that happens to be in control.

Fire the incumbents!!

Edit:have a look at that list of endorsers at the end of that letter and google up some of those names. Few that I respect.

Eh, I dunno
Harry Reid on the Issues
Seems ok to me. The only particularly bad vote there is voting for background checks at gun shows. I think we should all be happy to see more pro-gun democrats.

+1 from an under-represented bleeding-heart liberal. And I don't see the issue with background checks at gun shows if I have to get one to buy a mosin from coctailer, via an ad on this forum.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like background checks, but it seems like a necessary evil that's okay for dealers ought to be okay at gunshows. This would have sucked in the 80's, but we have the Internet now. And lots of guns ;)

Too bad people's political affiliations won't let them see ol' Harry is part of the problem. And as President of the Senate, he is a part of the problem that happens to be in control.

Fire the incumbents!!

Show me the politician that isn't part of "the" problem (pick one), and I'll show you someone who hasn't looked hard enough.

Wow guys really, I can see your point... I mean what would Americans want with a person that doesn't have any felonies, or hasn't bankrupted any companies, or not filed their taxes representing them for anyway.. All this Sharron Angle can say is she was a good mom, Teacher... put her life into kids..(You can see how awful teachers must be), was an effective legislator... and believes that business should not be overtaxed, hmm what good could she be in gov't. I mean really, she believes that " everything begins, and ends in the constitution". I can see your point, that would be so foriegn to what we are used to here in "nanny state" Cascadia. I mean think of her hide! to believe that when the US citizens said NO to Obama care... the Gov't should listen. Why that's just not acceptable to the democratic party. Porgressives rule! and everyone else just shut up and do what you're told... And certainly choose Harry Reid and his track record of forced 787 Billion dollar stimulus failure. Don't forget his trampling of even the thought of those 1st, & 2nd, Ammendment rights. what, do you really think Americans are supposed to be FREE.... you are being melded into One World governance under Obama, Pelosi, Reid, all the other Sorros puppets, and the UN council of human rights violators. So shut up, do what your told, and follow Harry Reid. Stupid sheeple. Get your "progressive" on!

Last Edited:
Wow, why does everyone suddenly care about the politics of a gun manufacturer. All I care about is getting a quality product and good customer service. The only time I care about their politics is when a gun manufacturer is actively anti-gun. (goddamn mr. ruger and his "honest man will never need more than 10 rounds" bs)

Doesn't anyone remember back when the libs made a huge deal out of trijicon putting the numbers for bible verses on their optics? This is the same thing with the sides reversed.

Isn't this the man that said "the war was lost..." while our men and women were in harm's way? The man that ramrodded this present healthcare debacle through the senate? How bad does Angle have to be to keep Reid in power?!?

Hey O.P.
GOOD to hear there are still some more people out there that still have conscience.
Remember November! VOTE With a loud voice & as the O.P. has done ALWAYS- VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS!:s0155:

GOOD GOING O.P. :D

Porgressives rule! and everyone else just shut up and do what you're told... And certainly choose Harry Reid and his track record of forced 787 Billion dollar stimulus failure. Don't forget his trampling of even the thought of those 1st, & 2nd, Ammendment rights. what, do you really think Americans are supposed to be FREE.... you are being melded into One World governance under Obama, Pelosi, Reid, all the other Sorros puppets, and the UN council of human rights violators. So shut up, do what your told, and follow Harry Reid. Stupid sheeple. Get your "progressive" on!

Oh yeah, I suddenly forgot that the bailouts were the brainchild of the progressives, especially all those democrats on wall street. Also, democrats totally have the market cornered on human rights violations. Those healthcare providing vicious bastahds!

Woohoo! Find the kettle boys, we gonna call it a color, and you might be able to guess which one!

Are you looking for pro-gun politicians or do you want conservative reps and senators down the line? I think it is ridiculous to think that you are going to get much more than half of Congress to agree with you on most issues.

As this is a firearms related forum, I will point out that Harry Reid is pretty darned pro-gun. He gets a B rating from the NRA only because he voted to nominate Sotamayor and Kagan to the Supreme Court--not because he supported any anti-gun legislation. If the Democrats keep control of the Senate--which they probably will--you want a majority leader who will not allow anti-gun legislation to come to a vote. What other Democrat do you think has a chance of being elected Majority leader do you think has as strong of a pro-gun record?

Reid has power and has used it to benefit NV businesses and to limit any anti-gun legislation. Arsenal knows that Angle is both nuts and largely unqualified. While she may be pro-gun, she will have little power in the Senate. Personally, Harry Reid is too conservative for me, but I can understand why NV businesses would support him. If you look for people who pass your purity test on all issues, you nay find yourself grossly under-represented on the issues you care about.

Letter from the CEO
Dear Friends,

I’m writing this statement in response to the unfounded allegations against Arsenal Inc. and misrepresentations of my persona as a supporter of anti-gun politicians.

Wasting time bragging about my accomplishments is not what I do. Nor do I like to boast about “the good things” that I do for the 2nd Amendment and the firearms industry.
However, the recent accusations that have been snowballing on the Internet are extremely disturbing and need to be addressed. Unfortunately, these Internet accusations are replete with exaggerations, false information, and in some instances intentional malice for personal gain. The 2nd Amendment is the most important thing in my life. I have not only built my livelihood around the principles embodied in the 2nd Amendment, but have also dedicated all of my spare time and resources toward protecting and strengthening it.

My championing of the 2nd Amendment began very early in my life when I realized that the 2nd Amendment was more than just the right to own a firearm. Rather, I understood that the 2nd Amendment was designed and crafted as a protection for the rest of the God given rights embodied in our Constitution and that no individual or institution should ever be allowed to take that right away.

My dedication to and fight for the 2nd Amendment lead to a passion for Kalashnikov rifles. From the beginning, importing and manufacturing Kalashnikov rifles proved to be an extremely difficult task. I was fighting an uphill battle due to the unfair demonization of the AK rifles by the anti-gun media and special interest groups. Nevertheless, I saw success and was able to create successful businesses founded upon the AK rifle.

Over the years I have run my businesses and my life according to my strong beliefs. I have instilled the same passion and dedication that I have for the 2nd Amendment into the culture of my companies and have not spared company resources to protect and advance the rights and privileges afforded under the Constitution. My companies are involved, support, and are often the driving force behind pro-gun organizations and initiatives. Both Arsenal Inc. and K-Var Corp. have fought for the right to own and bear arms and are active members of a number of organizations. To name a few:

Arsenal Inc. is a board member of the Firearms Import/Export Roundtable (“FAIR”) Trade Group (read more at FireArms Import), and Walker English (Sales Director of Arsenal Inc.) is the current president of the organization.
K-Var Corp. is a voting member of National Shooting Sports Foundation (“NSSF”).
I’m a long-time member of the National Rifle Association (“NRA”) and staunch supporter of NRA-ILA.
For the past couple of years, both Arsenal Inc. and K-Var Corp. have donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to these and other pro-2nd Amendment organizations, and paid tens of thousands of dollars in membership fees to sustain their operations. We have also donated fifty-thousand dollars to the Kalashnikov Foundation in Russia. For being small businesses, these are huge commitments, especially during these economic times.
In the recent years, Arsenal Inc. has donated rifles to museums and organizations, including the NRA museum in Fairfax, Virginia and museums in Russia, to help the next generation learn and appreciate various kinds of firearms and understand the broader implications of the 2nd Amendment and the dangers of allowing special interest groups to arbitrarily ban certain types of firearms.
I am not providing this list to boast about our efforts. That is not and has never been my style. I live my life not to collect credits, but to do things because they are the right thing to do. Most of you are not aware of what goes on behind the scenes to assure each of us and our children will have the right to bear arms. As a staunch advocate for gun owners, the 2nd Amendment, and the firearm industry, I have lead and been a part of multiple endeavors in order to expand and protect our Constitutional rights.

Of note, not so many years ago the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”) had a different interpretation of the 922r and was of the belief that an imported firearm could not be converted to a non-importable configuration (i.e. to have a pistol grip, ability to accept high capacity magazine, bayonet lug, threaded barrel, flash hider, etc.). I disagreed with the ATF and hired a well-known brilliant firearms attorney from Washington, DC, Richard Gardiner, who was able to convince ATF otherwise. We all know how this contributed to firearm owners and the firearm industry as a whole. It was thanks to these events that today we can own so many different types of otherwise non-importable firearms in the United States. In addition to the foregoing, we recently voted for and are supporting a lawsuit brought through FAIR Trade Group against ATF regarding the importation of barrels. Although Arsenal Inc. and K-Var Corp. has already imported enough barrels to remain in the manufacturing business for a very, very long time, we did as always, what was best for the 2nd Amendment, gun owners, and the industry as a whole.

However, Arsenal Inc. and K-Var Corp.’s fight against anti-gun forces is not just in Washington. Unfortunately, anti-gun International forces have been attacking private gun ownership world-wide through the United Nations. I’m happy to say that Arsenal Inc. through its affiliations with the FAIR Trade Group, a member of the World Forum, has a voice in the UN and has been fighting the international fight. By way of example, the Voluntary Restraint Agreement (“VRA”) unfairly stops imports from Russia reaching United States gun enthusiasts and collectors. However, we have been working with both sides, the United States and Russia, on eliminating or minimizing the VRA. On a domestic level, Arsenal Inc. and K-Var have been constantly pressured not to make our products available in the Californian market. Nevertheless, we recently made some tough decisions and are working on coming up with California compliant models for our unjustly disadvantaged clientele in California.

Clearly, when issues come up we are always ready to jump into action. Whether its restrictions on lead ammunition, enforcement of micro stamping, or restrictive gun laws due to the Mexico Drug Cartel we, as industry leaders, flew to Washington, DC and met with Senators and Congressmen on both sides of the isle providing the gun owners’ views and preventing new, restrictive laws going into effect.

Coming back to the issue of Senator Harry Reid, I would like to make clear that neither Arsenal Inc., K-Var Corp., nor I personally have made any donation to Senator Reid’s campaign nor have we solicited anyone to vote for him. We did not draft the letter that has been circulating in the Internet. Nor did we participate in the event where the letter was released.

However, we are legitimately concerned about this particular political race. Harry Reid holds the most important position in the United States Senate as Senate Majority Leader. As such, Harry Reid has significant input on what laws will come out of the committees and ultimately be voted on by the Senate. If he loses his position, it will be filled by either Chuck Schumer or Dick Durbin. As most of you know, the United States Senate lead by either Schumer or Durbin would be a gun owners’ worst nightmare. One can only imagine a United States Senate headed by either Schumer or Durbin combined with the most aggressive anti-gun administration in history. This view is not solely mine. Most of the gun rights groups, industry leaders, and gun owners that are aware of this hellish possibility are rightfully concerned.

Our hope is that we are able to get enough Republican votes to take the majority of the Senate. However, if Republicans are unable to retake the Senate, we believe that it is important to maintain a good working relationship with Senator Reid. Unlike the other Democrats, such as Schumer and Durbin, he has worked with Arsenal Inc., FAIR, NSSF, NRA, and other pro-2nd Amendment organizations in the past and has demonstrated a strong willingness to reason with the current anti-gun administration on our behalf.

To exemplify our working relationship with Senator Reid, when President Obama was looking into pushing the ratification of the Organization of American States Treaty (“OAS Treaty”), he asked Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to evaluate the situation. For those who have read and understand the OAS Treaty it is extremely dangerous! The OAS Treaty would put into place some of the most restrictive gun laws and regulations one could imagine. The OAS Treaty would literally make it illegal to do any work on your firearm (including something a simple as attaching a scope or changing a stock). What is treacherous about treaties is that according to Article 6 of the Constitution they can take over constitutional rights that you now enjoy. Senator Reid turned to a local company (Arsenal Inc.) to see how this would affect the firearms industry and firearms ownership. We took this very seriously and got our friends involved at the gun rights groups: FAIR, NSSF, etc. We were extremely excited to learn that our efforts paid off and we were able to stop this treaty – at least for now.

This current election is very important and, whether we like it or not, politics and politicians are moving against our 2nd Amendment freedoms. If my view and approach is different from the one you have – that is OK. The important thing is that we are all on the same side on the issue of the 2nd Amendment. We should all try to work together to protect and preserve our 2nd Amendment rights. God knows how many anti-gun interest groups are out there that would like to take us apart and take our rights away.

Sincerely,
Vartan Barsoumian
Chief Executive Officer
Arsenal, Inc.

Can't say I blame them, she would be a disaster for Nevada.

That is speculation. What isn't though, is that Reid has been a disaster for this nation.

...To exemplify our working relationship with Senator Reid, when President Obama was looking into pushing the ratification of the Organization of American States Treaty (“OAS Treaty”), he asked Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to evaluate the situation. For those who have read and understand the OAS Treaty it is extremely dangerous! The OAS Treaty would put into place some of the most restrictive gun laws and regulations one could imagine. The OAS Treaty would literally make it illegal to do any work on your firearm (including something a simple as attaching a scope or changing a stock). What is treacherous about treaties is that according to Article 6 of the Constitution they can take over constitutional rights that you now enjoy. Senator Reid turned to a local company (Arsenal Inc.) to see how this would affect the firearms industry and firearms ownership. We took this very seriously and got our friends involved at the gun rights groups: FAIR, NSSF, etc. We were extremely excited to learn that our efforts paid off and we were able to stop this treaty – at least for now.

This current election is very important and, whether we like it or not, politics and politicians are moving against our 2nd Amendment freedoms. If my view and approach is different from the one you have – that is OK. The important thing is that we are all on the same side on the issue of the 2nd Amendment. We should all try to work together to protect and preserve our 2nd Amendment rights. God knows how many anti-gun interest groups are out there that would like to take us apart and take our rights away.

You are loosing sight of the forest by looking at the trees. What is at stake here is a lot more than just gun rights... its the existence of our nation as free republic (of which gun rights are only one part). It's great you support 2nd amendment freedoms, just don't do it at the sacrifice of everything else. Why not support a candidate that is pro 2nd amendment AS WELL AS a true Constitutional Republic?

Why not support a candidate that is pro 2nd amendment AS WELL AS a true Constitutional Republic?

Angle has plenty of constitutional issues in her own backyard.

"Angle believes that religion has an expansive role to play in government. And, she has repeatedly said anyone who opposes that based on the claim of separation of church and state misunderstands the Constitution’s ban on “establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”

In this regard, Angle’s view of religion’s role in government parallels that of a religious political movement — Christian Reconstructionism — seeking to return American civil society to biblical law.

In 1992, Angle helped resurrect the Constitution Party’s Nevada affiliate, the Independent American Party, of which she was a member until 1997.

The Independent American Party’s bylaws declare that Americans established “a government of law, under God, rooted in biblical law, which controlled and regulated government.”

Sharron Angle's take on separation of church and state - Sunday, July 18, 2010 | 2 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top