JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not bubblegumin', I'm trying to adapt. I've lost some strength in my hands and gained some pain. For a few things I do, like opening the pickle jar, it becomes difficult.
I have some Stoner platform guns. Recently my son built me a side charge 7.62X39 and that was a revolution. I can manage it and very much enjoy shooting it.
So I've decided to convert the remaining guys to side chargers. And I got smacked in the face with a dose of reality, EXPENSIVE. So I started sniffing around.
And I came across this: . I tried to cut a picture out but it didn't work. Do any of you good people out there
have ant experience with this thing? It's a hell of a lot cheaper and if it works I'm a buyer. Any advice or experience is appreciated. THNX . . . . .

Can I suggest... Glucosamine/Collagen/Zyflammend? Amazon has all of them, they are miracles. First two are joint builders, last is a POWERFUL herbal antiinflammatory. You must take them every day. I also recommend Protandim, google it

Having said that I LOVE the side chargers, have/am building PCCs in several calibers with this system

Can I suggest... Glucosamine/Collagen/Zyflammend? Amazon has all of them, they are miracles. First two are joint builders, last is a POWERFUL herbal antiinflammatory. You must take them every day. I also recommend Protandim, google it

Having said that I LOVE the side chargers, have/am building PCCs in several calibers with this system
Thank you for the experience. I've been through a lot of sh!t and the relief is temporary and not complete. It's just
part of life. I never give up. I never thought I'd be 80 and and still be a stud. A couple of your recommendations are new
to me and I'll give them a go.

Have more understanding to share. I'm 60 and a life long construction worker and martial artist who has always hit heavy bags with thin leather gloves, full on. (more realistic training) anyway, there are new and very effective herbals out there now, maybe we can have a conversation, but try those three, first. You CAN be a stud at 80 !

While you didn't say which type of arthritis, I use DMSO, Blue Emu Oil, and ibuprofin.
On bad days, my knuckles look 50% larger.
You might also want to seek some testosterone therapy.
Radian raptor oversized ambi charging handles rock. Everything else, grit yer teeth and grunt.

I'd say find yourself the largest charging handle available. There are many out there.

r_ar15_charging_handle_ambi_ar15__51398.1575585175.jpg

Not to make light of the best intended suggestions, but...

I worked in the trades many years and I am wracked with arthritis. I've had 8 knee surgeries including a replacement, I have little remaining cartilage in the other knee, I've had a shoulder overhauled, and both wrists repaired. Walking is at times nearly Impossible. And when I can't walk, I get fatter.

And then a do-gooder asks, have you tried ibuprofen or a joint supplement?

There comes a time where we have to learn to deal with what life has dealt us, and sometimes we must lower ourselves to using assistive devices. An oversize charging handle can be useful.

As does an extension grabber and a riding lawn mower.:)

Last Edited:
The charging handle is one of those "weak links" in the AR system and should used minimally. When doing so, I do not use the old two finger "T" approach, instead I make a fist with a rolled over thumbs up and contact the CH with first segment of the support hand index finger as I rack it.

The charging handle is one of those "weak links" in the AR system and should used minimally. When doing so, I do not use the old two finger "T" approach, instead I make a fist with a rolled over thumbs up and contact the CH with first segment of the support hand index finger as I rack it.
I've actually broken one. It was a PSA kit.

I tend to get these now. I don't care that they weigh more.

Thank you for the experience. I've been through a lot of sh!t and the relief is temporary and not complete. It's just
part of life. I never give up. I never thought I'd be 80 and and still be a stud. A couple of your recommendations are new
to me and I'll give them a go.
Been on any of the immune suppressant "wonder" drugs? Considered a clinical trial? www.clinicaltrials.gov
Have been in 4 trials now, not for arthritis directly, but one of my lymphomas caused arthritis (among other things).

It's the old "specialty item" conundrum. One can always save up and bite the...well...you know.

Sincere question: Why are all these devices made for the wrong (left) side of the gun? I am so right-handed my left hand is practically useless. :(

Sincere question: Why are all these devices made for the wrong (left) side of the gun? I am so right-handed my left hand is practically useless. :(
So you can keep your firing hand on the grip/trigger while manipulating.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top