JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up a HK USP .45 with a 16x1 LH barrel, have my Dead Air Ghost good to go..... BUT the two pistons I have of course are not 16x1 LH I need. Dead Air and the rest of the US is Zippo on stock.

Time to buy a Y Axis lathe and make it mysel! Frustrating.

Honestly, I might just draw this sucker up in CAD and put it out to quote to Machine shops.

Dead Air just got up and running with their new shop/manufacturing partner. They were either down or doing minimal production for a couple months. They are stocking back up distribution so I would expect to see some soon. I am in the same boat with Keymo flash hiders and muzzle breaks.

Talked with Dead air. They said similar, "we just got stuff up and running and will try to get the accessories done soon". I get it, but dont trust I will see this in the next month. SO plan b.

Buy a 14.5x1LH and tap it out to 16x1LH. The drill size for 16x1 is 15mm is only .0098" (inch) oversize radius, I probably don't have to chase a drill in the 14.5mm threads. I am going to try to direct tap it to the larger size with taking time and lots of Tapmagic fluid. Talking only cutting 1/2" of threads deep. Slow and steady I should be golden. Now is where I regret selling off my metal lathe! The 14.5MM LH threads will act as a guide and keep it centered. Originally I thought to buy a 1/2x28 piston and drill it out, then tap new. But found the 14.5MM LH piston so going that direction.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top