JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Arrested for walking/running through a no-pedestrian zone, OK (although there is a walkway on one side, if I remember correctly...it's been 26 years since i left there).

Police state treatment of anything as a terrorist situation, NOT OK.

My 2c.

I don't see where it says they were arrested in fact the police even attempted to help them make it to their performance once they ascertained the situation. This really is a non story.

I don't see where it says they were arrested in fact the police even attempted to help them make it to their performance once they ascertained the situation. This really is a non story.

I am against most needless police detainments, however...getting detained for running through a long tunnel during a non-emergency? Perfectly acceptable.

Non-story indeed.

I think it makes perfect sense and don't have a problem w/ it one bit. I don't think either party is at fault really except for abandoning your car in the tunnel, but the cops reacted as they should. I can see how this could be concerning if i were sitting in my car in traffic and watched a group of people in camo go running by (in NY). Like someone else stated that the cops did everything in their power to get them there on time, and even called BET. I say good on them......IMHO

I think it makes perfect sense and don't have a problem w/ it one bit. I don't think either party is at fault really except for abandoning your car in the tunnel, but the cops reacted as they should. I can see how this could be concerning if i were sitting in my car in traffic and watched a group of people in camo go running by (in NY). Like someone else stated that the cops did everything in their power to get them there on time, and even called BET. I say good on them......IMHO

The drivers stayed with the cars btw. (again, not reported through regular/respected channels)

My thoughts are..

If they were not wearing camo and/or they were white... I don't think they would have been bothered nearly as much..

What do you think would have happened then?

If they were not wearing camo and/or they were white... I don't think they would have been bothered nearly as much..

What do you think would have happened then?

Well lets also change the location to Multnomah falls and have them run across the bridge..what would have happened then?
Of course any answer to the above questions are speculation and meaningless.

There is one take away though..If you want to meet the FBI; dress up in cammo costumes and sprint through a crowded, no pedestrian access area during rush hour..(Note to self...remember this lesson...do not duplicate)

W44

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads