JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, all, I haven't seen an online presence for the speed steel shoots at ARPC, so I'm going to start putting stuff up here, unless someone tells me there's already something I just haven't found yet.

First off, thanks to ARPC and the discipline director for making it happen, these shoots are a lot of fun! Had a very enjoyable day shooting steel, some minor issues with the gun, but I just need to go a little stiffer on the hammer spring & that should be sorted. A bit cold for the way the weather has been running, this year! Got to watch a guy on my squad do some very nice, fast shooting, very good draw.

Been down a handful of times...
It is a good shoot with a decent turnout.
in so far as seeing scores, it is posted on Practiscore fair soon after the event is over. It is a very busy club with great dicipline and reasonable rules.
My only real gripe, and this goes for other clubs as well, is the lack of "well versed" Squad RO's from the hosting club. Transient shooters should not have to run their squad as it takes away from their shooting focus.... ie, run 6 shooters, find someone to ro while you shoot, then ro some more. That volunteer RO, misses out on prep, focus, stage plan, ect. and then has to find time to reload. Albeit, there are a few folks whom are excellent RO's, and are fair. Hats off to you guys. As long are we get timers that work and rattle cans that spray, we make it work

as far as posting on this forum... discussing and bantering about ARPC speed steel, one can never have too much awareness about events!

I have been down a few times to shoot it, it's a lot of fun but also a long distance to drive. When the weather gets nicer I'll probably start making the trek again.

As far as RO's go, that seems to be the norm for steel shooting. I don't mind helping out, we all have to or there won't be any events. I don't find that jumping in and out to RO messes with prep, plan, etc which I find to be pretty minimal in speed steel anyway.

I do like it better when enough of us are willing to RO and record scores that it isn't much of a burden on any one person. I find it a little harder at ARPC, just because the tablet is kinda hard to see with eyes that don't work well up close. Just a bit more of a challenge, switching between safety glasses and seeing glasses.
Here's a link to the scores section for May: Oregon ARPC May Speed Steel Match | PractiScore

I find it a little harder at ARPC, just because the tablet is kinda hard to see with eyes that don't work well up close. Just a bit more of a challenge, switching between safety glasses and seeing glasses.

I hear you! Anytime anyone wants me to score/RO I have to say "wait until I go get my reading glasses".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top