JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you haven't participated, don't be afraid to get started. Lots of support and they don't laugh at you until you've been doing it for awhile!
way more fun IN the match than WATCHING the match...:mad:

Oh I wanna compete. I just have to work out the logistics with Mr. Dyjital. Not sure I can use my SP01 because I do not have a holster for it. So I would probably have to borrow one of his .22 pistols and shoot from the low ready. But either way I will be there.

I love my Blackhawk Omnivore. It has a polymer block that screws onto the rail of your handgun. In doing so, it (free floats the gun in the holster). The holster indexes (locks onto the polymer block) since that is the only contact between the gun and the holster, there is nothing to rub on or wear down the finish on your gun.

The other bonus is that the holster will work for around 150 different models of guns (the gun needs to have a rail of course). You also get two polymer blocks and both belt and paddle attachments included with the holster. Price is around 50-60 bucks depending where you buy it.
Cabelas and Sportsman's Warehouse carry them.

These holsters make a great general purpose range holster. The only down side is that it's a retention holster, but it's easy to release as your hand assumes a firing grip on the gun (your thumb presses down on a button as you grip the gun and releases the lock). YMMV

Sad news from the range today. I went out to touch up any glitches in my New Shiny 22, since last time it didn't want to cooperate. Yes, it was cold then too, especially after the first freeze of the season and overnight locked in the trunk. After several thousand pleasant practice rounds in the last sunny days & warm nights of September, with zero issues, GlitchVille be thy name. Frosty windshield was the only new variable.

Consider I've long been more interested in revolvers than the :eek:devil:cool:spawn:confused: bottom:mad:feeders.

Meaning to rule in or out, just what the issue may be, using 2 different pistols & 4 assorted previously vetted ammos.

At 41 degrees, both proved (again) to be touchy and just unreliable enough that with a timer guy involved recording how long it took me to miss x number of times, it wouldn't be satisfactory.

Centerfire here I come.

Last Edited:
All set for tomorrow morning. It'll be a little chilly so don't forget the hand warmers if you use them. For those that have PM'd me, I'll put you on the list for squad 4 if I get there before you do. If you're not a club member, make sure you call, email, or text the match director for access and remember the new rule about eye pro everywhere on the grounds. Looking forward to seeing people again, and meeting other members for the first time!

I just pulled these from the oven.

I may not be awake for a few weeks after tonight's indulgence.

C3335A1C-25FF-4AD2-B051-D14EEFCFD5AF.jpeg 703ED893-1C62-4C9E-99F1-AB6F79B23081.jpeg

Don't know how I managed those Limited times. I can't even remember how long it's been since I ran my pistol. I did outstanding considering all the cobwebs I had to shake off. I seemed to have also bounced back from my front sight issue (front sight was walking out of the dovetail as I was shooting). Much thanks to my regular squad bro @Sig sour for having his sight pusher with him! That definitely saved the match for me. :D

Well done today @NWGlockgal! I think that 15-22 is growing on you. Before long, that Buckmark will be just a distant memory....:p

Has a great time today. Learned there are some pretty good shooters on the forum. Learning how to use a red dot and working the CMMG 22 conversion is interesting. Definitely hooked and looking forward to continuing to learn the platform.

Don't know how I managed those Limited times. I can't even remember how long it's been since I ran my pistol. I did outstanding considering all the cobwebs I had to shake off. I seemed to have also bounced back from my front sight issue (front sight was walking out of the dovetail as I was shooting). Much thanks to my regular squad bro @Sig sour for having his sight pusher with him! That definitely saved the match for me. :D

Well done today @NWGlockgal! I think that 15-22 is growing on you. Before long, that Buckmark will be just a distant memory....:p
Thanks! It's fun shooting, and definitely gives faster times, but I'll go back to the trusty Buckmark when I finally get around to fixing it.

Couple of us tried to sign up on Squad 4 but it was full before they started signing people up. Still had a good time though and did OK. Maybe get to shoot with y'all in the next match.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews