JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know how many of you guys went to the show today, but I hope I am not the only one wishing I had bought ammo 6 months ago. I about poohed myself on the prices I saw there. I know, shoulda, woulda, coulda. At least the gun industry is going strong.

Got there about noon, way to late for bulk ammo I wanted .45 acp. They had some factory reload .40 and some wolf 223 but was goin fast. I enjoyed the show though, lots of guns and nice folks there, and the parking is free $4.00 entry if you are NRA the way it should be.

There was a very large turn out for sure. And there was actually alot of good stuff for a change instead of the usual junk you find at the Portland shows. The only suck thing was there was not any deals that left you feeling like, damn, that was a good deal.

There was a very large turn out for sure. And there was actually alot of good stuff for a change instead of the usual junk you find at the Portland shows. The only suck thing was there was not any deals that left you feeling like, damn, that was a good deal.

Have to agree with ya on that. Picked up a couple 30 round mags for 10/22 for 15.00 each and easy loader for my auto pistols for cheap so came home with something anyway.

The show was very cool I think. I agree the ammo was scarce, but up priced too crazy for how hard it has been to find. We were trying to sell an AR but the laws for selling at gun shows suck. I did get and awesome case for my 20" AR though for a pretty decent price. It was nice to see an actual "gun" show though.

Wife and I got there at 8:55. Line about 1/4 mile long, but it moved fast
when they opened the doors. Looking for primers, but they were GONE
by the time I got throught the door. Wife is sorta looking for a new carry gun, so she fondled a pile of little guns. I think she is leaning toward
a 642, but not sure yet. Picked up a bag full of plastic Berry's ammo boxes,
and a Berthier Mdl 1907/15 wall hanger to accessorize a bayonet I've
had for years. Good show. Rickreall next weekend!

Personally..I think it was much better than the Portland Expo show.. A little too crowded for my tatses..but a better selection.. The price gouging on ammo is really getting out of hand though...

Regarding being "crowded", it usually isn't that way. I've only been to 4 of the ARPC shows now, but the previous 3 weren't that crowded at all. In fact, the last one was DEAD... The economic problems had pretty much hit then.

I was there at 945 and enjoyed looking but IMO there were not many deals that made me feel that I needed to buy right then and there.
One dealer made me laugh.....He was selling some Cricket 22's for 129 for the Synthetic stocks (new) after making my way to the other side of his table I found a used one with no price so I inquired.....129.00 was the answer. I asked him about that because I could walk to the other side of his table and get a new one for that, he said...."ok, how about 120.00".....my wife and uncle about pissed themselves laughing as did I.
I did see some very nice guns and some that I have come home and read about.
As for Ammo.....deals, what deals? I didnt see any ammo that I cant find at Joes or Bi mart for less than I seen there.Granted I am only looking for .22lr, 30-06, .38 and .357. I dont get it.
I am going to Rickreall just because but I am not optimistic that anything will be coming home with me.

There was a great deal on milsurp brass-cased 8mm ammo. One guy was selling it at 20 cent/round:s0155:. Bought a few boxes of that. Should have bought more...

Some very good prices on milsurp rifles. There was a Hakim going for $375 and several Finnish Mosin (M39, M91) going for low $200s. Those are great prices; i seriously considered buying the Hakim just to sell it for a profit. Most of the K98 were a little high (mid to high $300s). Russian SKS were way high being in the 450-550 range, and the even the Chinese ones were in the 300s. Garands seemed pretty high, especially for the nice ones.

I tried to sell a bunch of pulled 7.62x54r bullets, but had no takers:(

Still, it was fun. Crowded, but fun.

Wife,son and I went Sunday spent 3 hours.Bought a 50 cal ammo can two bricks of 22 wife bought a new leather purse son bought a tee shirt.
Mountain view safes took a down payment on one of Charlie's 39 gun safes and I joined Oregon Firearms Federation,"that" Iv'e been wanting to do for some time Sal Casuccio is a great guy he really cares about what he's doing and what OFF stands for.I really like the no compromise atittude of OFF. Like was said before all the venders were great also alot of them ask the wife what gun was she going to buy me.She liked the attention but I didn't get a new gun.:huh:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top