JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't been to a gun show in decades. Am thinking about going to this one. Looked at the rules. Said all actions have to be tied open with twist ties. I'm imagining all the revolver cylinders tied open, in which case, you couldn't dry fire anything. I don't buy anything without testing the action. So if that's the situation, no point in my going. Is that the situation? Or will they remove the tie so you can try the action?

I haven't been to a gun show in decades. Am thinking about going to this one. Looked at the rules. Said all actions have to be tied open with twist ties. I'm imagining all the revolver cylinders tied open, in which case, you couldn't dry fire anything. I don't buy anything without testing the action. So if that's the situation, no point in my going. Is that the situation? Or will they remove the tie so you can try the action?

I'm a vendor so here's what happens, at the door your firearm is checked to make sure it's not loaded and zip tied then. All the dealers firearms are zip tied as well. When you show your firearm or ask to look at one the dealer can cut off the zip-tie and will replace it when the inspection is over. All the dealers have bundles of zip-ties just for this reason.

Great! I'll figure on going Saturday morning. I'll be looking to buy a pre-lock SW 629 Classic 6.5 inch. Hope to meet some of you there. I'll be the 73-year-old broad with an adjustable cane/staff that has a rifle support instead of a knob or bend on the end.

Great! I'll figure on going Saturday morning. I'll be looking to buy a pre-lock SW 629 Classic 6.5 inch. Hope to meet some of you there. I'll be the 73-year-old broad with an adjustable cane/staff that has a rifle support instead of a knob or bend on the end.

Stop by and say howdy, I'll be the ammo guy under the "Proficient Marksman Ammunition Company" sign.

I'll have a couple tables there as well. One thing I do like about the zip ties is that it keeps the broke guys from dry firing the heck out of all the guns while going from table to table with $1.32 in their pocket.

If you are seriously interested I'm sure the seller will be happy to cut the zip-tie for you to try out the action.

Not going to be a vendor this time around, don't have enough sellable gear right now, but for those are aware, about a few months back, there was a theft of my gear from my vehicle after the gun show, so anyone wanna see if they can keep their eyes open for possible stolen gear? You can PM me for specific pics, I might go there as a possible buyer/browser.
EDIT: The gear mentioned were most, if not all the gear I had on the vendor's table at the Wes Knodel gun show in November in Albany; should be pretty distinctive for most of the gear.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top