JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been to the Rose City show only once..... between the parking fee, entrance fee, and the other event going on next door... it wasn't as good as the ARPC show. The other shows in Canby and Salem tend to be very small...too small to be worth the $7+ entry. Rickreall Gun show at Polk County Fairgrounds, happens twice a year as well... Summer (June) and Winter, usually December. Its slightly smaller than the ARPC show, usually more oriented to handguns and wood and steel firearms than AR15s/tactical guns.. kinda decent if you're wanting something wood and steel :)

I've been to the Rose City show only once..... between the parking fee, entrance fee, and the other event going on next door... it wasn't as good as the ARPC show. The other shows in Canby and Salem tend to be very small...too small to be worth the $7+ entry. Rickreall Gun show at Polk County Fairgrounds, happens twice a year as well... Summer (June) and Winter, usually December. Its slightly smaller than the ARPC show, usually more oriented to handguns and wood and steel firearms than AR15s/tactical guns.. kinda decent if you're wanting something wood and steel :)

I got the idea that the Rickreall show was much smaller than the ARPC show? I'm totally into the old VS tacticool stuff too. But I'm wouldn't want to drive that far if the show was less than half the size of the ARPC show.

I got the idea that the Rickreall show was much smaller than the ARPC show? I'm totally into the old VS tacticool stuff too. But I'm wouldn't want to drive that far if the show was less than half the size of the ARPC show.
Physically, the space is smaller yes. But its got a decent amount of stuff for sale packed into the space... its similar to the Wes Knodel shows in terms of number of guns for sale.
@Aero Denezol ; there were indeed some decent milsurps but some had quite high prices... like $450 for a late production Norinco SKS :rolleyes:

there were indeed some decent milsurps but some had quite high prices... like $450 for a late production Norinco SKS

This is what I'm talking about......I read a bunch here, and I get the idea of what prices on some common arms should be. Even after equating the *O.F.* factor in it looks like the sellers are looking for noobs that don't know what things should cost. But i think the majority of people that go to this also know what things are worth.

*= Old Fart, Old Fogy, Old F---, Old Friend, Old Frenchman. ;)

Ya know... sticker/tag prices are usually just the starting point for haggling and bargaining... usually.

Some tables have $50 off for used handgun prices, others on Sunday and afternoon, would be willing to take a discount as thats money in pocket for future inventory.. but a few... one particular vendor that I believe everyone knows and sees at almost every show south of Portland :rolleyes: doesn't seem to want to sell his "museum quality" wares at any discount, preferring to keep bringing them back

Altho I think he does sell a few newer stuff each show with one table for just the newer stuff?

Theres Wes Knodel, sometimes November, sometimes December? And then theres the East Albany Lions Club show, usually in January... these two shows are usually smaller than the ARPC shows. There's no gun show that takes place between the Spring and Fall ARPC shows at the Linn Expo/Fairgrounds, right?

Wes Knodel has a show May 4 &5 at Albany. I'm going to skip that one a go do the Burns show instead.

This is what I'm talking about......I read a bunch here, and I get the idea of what prices on some common arms should be. Even after equating the *O.F.* factor in it looks like the sellers are looking for noobs that don't know what things should cost. But i think the majority of people that go to this also know what things are worth.

*= Old Fart, Old Fogy, Old F---, Old Friend, Old Frenchman. ;)

My own view is that the price of a gun in a gun show is justifiably significantly higher than the same gun in a classified ad on NWFA. In the classified ad situation, I have to commit without seeing or handling the gun. Then usually, drive 2-4 hours round trip plus pay for the background check. If the gun is other than represented, I'd be out time and gas money. Just a thoroughly bum trip. At a gun show I don't have to commit sight unseen. And going to the Albany gun show is local for me in Corvallis, as well as great entertainment. It would be fun even if I didn't buy anything.

In addition, if I go first thing in the morning the first day, as I did this time so as to get the widest selection, I figure I'm not going to get the best possible price or have the most negotiating leverage. (Back in the 80s I went to all the Oregon shows. Was going with a guy who bought and sold all over OR and CA. All without an FFL, paperwork, or records of any kind in those days.) But the way I figure it, the seller has done all the work and taken all the risk to bring me and the gun together. And that's worth a good bit. Not so much Ill pay a new price or almost new price for a used gun, however. (Unless the used ones are better, as is so for pre-lock Smiths.)

I think they should take a look at that. "What if they gave a gun show and nobody came?" At least that would give Kieth and the other big box vendors a show all to themselves. That would really be worth going to.

My .02 on buying guns at gun shows, worth what you paid for it. I go to gun shows to look at guns IMHO that's why they call it a "show". I like looking at all guns, some I look at and say to myself WTF, not for me, others I look at and say oooh pretty but still not for me. I know I can go to Bi-Mart and have them order me most any new gun I want at slightly less than MSRP. So the gun show is a good place to look at/touch/feel all the different guns, information gathering if you will. All that being said, I like to trade and barter and that's where gun shows excel, used guns buy, sell trade. You simply can't go anywhere else on the open market and trade goods like at gun show. Most everyone has a basic idea of a fair market value for their goods so going to a show and hoping for a distress sale just makes you look bad. There are estate sales for that. On the other hand bringing in something you paid full retail for and then dumped a metric sh*t ton of money in and expecting to recoup all of your money and then some because "they" "might" do something is silly as well.

Literally raised at gunshows. Made some of my first "work money" hauling stuff in and out for the good ol' boys and helping them set up and babysitting tables while they went to lunch.

In October, I actually "commuted" from my 30-day camp in the breaks to the Lewistown show in Montana.

The Albany show this past weekend was STELLAR! Took me and younger buddy 5 hours to go thru it. His commentary was best: "This MUST be a good show, 'cause I never got ahead of you!" (His habit is to "zoom" ahead, then check back.)

Washed the truck yesterday. Changing the oil tomorrow. Kalispell or Bust! (best little show in the West!)

I too went in search of a pre lock 629, I found two pre lock 686's. I ended up coming home with a very nice 500 magnum 8 3/8" barrel. I'll see how bad it kicks this afternoon!
Are the muzzle brakes on those removeable, or permenently installed?

My buddy favored the Smith 460 for ballistic reasons. He snagged 'a good deal' on 8 3/8" barrel version. While fearsome blast & recoil, not all that bad. 200 yd gongs had definite clear tone when hit.

Then he just had to have the 4" version. Standing behind him I could feel each shot literally stunting the growth of my next 3 generations of unborn grand kids. Unsure whether he hit the hillside backstop.

At pin match, watched guy with new .500 shoot 18 rounds without a single pin hit.

I won't be needing either anytime soon.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews