Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ARPC Gun Show 9/25 - 26 cancelled!

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by 4dogs, Jul 30, 2010.

1. 4dogs

4dogs 3 miles from the range Active Member

Heard a rumor which was confirmed by the club's website. Their September show is cancelled! Aaargh!

2. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

Dude that sucks if true! This is the only one I feel is worth the entry fee & worth more than a 5 minute drive! What gives??!!

3. 4dogs

Taken from the ARPC newsletter:

ARPC SEPTEMBER 2010 GUN SHOW CANCELED...

It is with great regret we are canceling the September 25th and 26th, 2010 ARPC Gun Show. We will resume ARPC Gun Shows starting in March 2011. Through a number of errors, the booking of the Linn County Expo Center for the ARPC Gun Show was moved from our show date to an earlier date. The Expo Center then booked our facility to another show on our dates making the facility unavailable for the show. It was impractical to move the show to the new date, so we sought an alternative venue. The only facility available to house the show on our dates was a horse arena on the fair grounds. We inspected the facility. It had a dirt floor, no air handling, poor lighting, and was a smaller venue. In short, it was dark, dirty, and smelled of horses. Certainly not the type of show environment everyone deserves. We considered a number of options, none of them good, and came to the conclusion it would be better to cancel the show than put on a poor show in a terrible environment.

We are sorry for any inconvenience we have caused. Please accept our apology and we hope to see you in March. If you have any questions please contact Mike at the ARPC Office at 541-491-3755 or Email office@arpc.info.

4. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Clackamas County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

By far one of the better shows in the State.

5. 4dogs

I hear there may be a show in Roseburg the same weekend. Is it worth going to?

6. ArgentineSteel

ArgentineSteel Vancouver, WA Active Member

From the notice, I'm not sure if it was Linn County Fairgrounds or the Gun Club that screwed this up. I know the Calendar has been a recurring issue within the club since the management changed. But I just can't imagine the club allowing one of their 3 big fund raisers to evaporate. I don't know what will come of this, but something is going to change over this.

7. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Interesting. If you go to the Linn County Expo's website and check the
    calendar, the ARPC gun show is on the schedule for the 18th and 19th
    of September.

8. 4dogs

From what I hear, the worst part of it was the vendors who set aside 9/25 & 26 for the ARPC show.

What other shows are happening about then, that are worth going to?

9. Kevininstructor

Kevininstructor Keizer oregon New Member

IMHO there is something really wrong with this picture. I wonder if this has anything to do with someone's personal agenda.