JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ARPC is having an event on Sunday, June 26th. They're calling it "ARPC Experience". It'll be MSR and pistol competition combined. I've been to the Range Days and they're a blast so this should be even more so with the different stages. MSR stands for Modern Sporting Rifle so I'm assuming it's AR platform and similar. Free lunch and a prize table make it even more of a fun day at the range. I'll post more as I get more information and will try to get the organizers involved in this thread as I'm sure there will be more questions.

Information from the latest club newsletter is below: Time to brush up on multiple skills. I've done a couple of these with the combination rifle and pistol drills and they are a fun challenge. I'm signed up, how many others here are planning on going?

ARPC is Sponsoring "The ARPC Experience" on June 26th, 2022. It will be a six stage match utilizing Modern Sporting Rifles and semi auto handguns. Stage composition will be 2 rifle/pistol stages, 2 USPSA style stages and 2 Speed Steel style stages. There will be 6 squads (80 slots). Cost will be $125 per person. A delicious catered BBQ lunch provided by Pig Out BBQ will be included.

Ramiro Herrera will be the Range Master and Caleb Fisher will be the Match Director. They have recruited support from 2A businesses and there will be many raffle prizes.

Mazama Sporting Goods is donating an FN 509C for the winner! A custom Sig Sauer Legion pistol cerakoted in purple chocolate chip and an awesome folding stock "battle worn" AK with a custom ARPC serial number built by McCluskey Arms are just two of the available raffle prizes. These raffles are only open to shooters and staff, so your chances are good at winning a raffle. We will be raffling a $500 tattoo from Freak of Ink, a bump helmet from Hard Head Veterans, fuzz covers from Dynamic Fuzz, rifle cases and bags from Extreme Tactical, steel targets from Thor Targets, mag carriers from QVO Tactical, a knife from Wellmade Knives, an AR upper/lower and rail builders set from Oregon Rifle Works, a bunch of cool stuff from Black Rifle Coffee, a gear box from TacticalToGo, a ready bag from Big Daddy Tactical, a plate carrier from Predator Armor, a Holosun 509ACSS from Primary Arms, an AR15 barrel, a G19 barrel, a G43 barrel and comp from Faxon Firearms and a Primus AR barrel and BCG. There will be lots of other items on a random draw table as well. We will be selling custom Event T-Shirts and a special coin will be given to all participants to commemorate the event. Special thanks to Matt Adamson at mxadam.com for the awesome artwork for our flyer and T-Shirts!

The Match Fees will benefit the ARPC Junior Program, Instruction Program and the General Fund.

If you would like to participate as a competitor or RO please send an email to [email protected]

We are looking for ROs experienced in USPSA, Multigun or Speed Steel to help with the match. ROs will shoot the match on Saturday, eat for free and will be entered into a staff drawing for a Canik pistol. They will need to help setup and will shoot the match on Saturday and then RO a stage on Sunday.

Communication from ARPC of details about this match has been poor.

I'm not sure, but it seems there is just one division, so bring whatever you got.

You can send questions or register by e-mailing [email protected]. They can give you info and send you a copy of the rules.

Here is some info I got from ARPC:

Required Gear: rifle with sling, pistol with OWB Kydex holster, belt with at least one rifle mag pouch and two pistol mag pouches, 100 rounds of rifle ammo (no M855 or AP), 200 rounds pistol ammo and eye and ear protection.

Suggested Gear: Rain gear and warm clothing, food (water will be supplied but bring any other drinks you want)

Be nice to know what gear to bring as well. Mags, what guns are allowed, pouches needed.
I was at the range yesterday and asked Romero some of those questions myself. To keep things simple, no divisions. Gear is what Bullitt posted above. The USPSA style stage will be static, not sure if there will be a reload. My understanding is that they're doing it this way to keep it simple and safe. The rifle/pistol drills will be a modified Operator Readiness Test (ORT) and a combination rifle/pistol Bill Drill with the pistol target horizontal below the rifle target. If you haven't done the ORT, you'll find it challenging and will test multiple shooting skills. You can do a google search to see several videos. Obviously, you won't be all geared up like some in the videos. I practice with 3-5 rounds instead of the full 10 to conserve ammo.

Here's a video showing the pistol to rifle bill drill.

Round count of around 100 rifle and 200 pistol sounds about right but I suspect you'll use quite a bit less. On events in the past, they did allow a practice round on a few of the stages but not sure if they'll do that on this one.

To be clear, I'm not an organizer of the event so am only passing along information I've gleaned form talking to the the organizer and my past experience with these events. I've found these to be challenging, diverse, and fun, and expect this one to be the same.

For those that have signed up, you should have an email with the stages and rules. For those of you not familiar with combination rifle and pistol stages, practice is recommended. I should say, I've been practicing those and still need lots of work if I want to be competitive. :s0010:

Thank you to Ramiro and all those who made this even happen! Thank you to all the people who volunteered to be RO's! Lots of good fun with good people and an awesome lunch! If you couldn't make it this year put it on the calendar for next year.

If you went, make sure to patronize the match sponsors and tell them thank you so they know it was worth the cost to sponsor the match and want to come back next year.

Thank you to Ramiro and all those who made this even happen! Thank you to all the people who volunteered to be RO's! Lots of good fun with good people and an awesome lunch! If you couldn't make it this year put it on the calendar for next year.

If you went, make sure to patronize the match sponsors and tell them thank you so they know it was worth the cost to sponsor the match and want to come back next year.
I agree. This was an awesome match with some great food. Hats off to all the volunteers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top