JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All,

I'm trying to drum up as any people as I can to come to the Dec 12th 3-gun match at ARPC. It's always a good time and a great match to try new gear or stage plan strategies.

The match is rain or shine, which is sometimes part of the fun. If its rainy it's great way to learn how your gear(and yourself) hold up in adverse weather.

There are 4 stages with a few shots out to 200yds.

You will need a couple shotgun slugs, if you can't find any, talk to me at the match and I'll sell you a couple of the Fiocchi low recoil slugs at my cost($1.75/ea, yikes!)

Pre-registration is required, search for "ARPC" on Practiscore and you should find it. Match fee is $15.

ARPC Multi-gun page

Practiscore

Hope to see you there!

Birdshot, size 6 is generally the largest, most use 7 1/2. You shoot mostly steel targets, and shot bigger than 6 can have the disturbing habit of bouncing back at you. Yucky.

Can ARPC make a PDF flyer so someone can print it out and display it at local gun shops? It would help get the word for non-NWFA members.

SF-
@ Silver Fox, There certainly isn't any organized advertising for any of the shooting sports at ARPC. That's why I'm trying to help spread the word on here. I hadn't thought of fliers. I can't remember the last time I saw any sort of message board in any of the shops local to me. I'll have to check next time. Maybe that would be worth it.

Three gun is completely new to me. It says I will need a few slugs, the rest of the shotgun stages are shot with buckshot?

@grapo13, Like Ben said, most shotgun targets will be a steel target of some type that are shot with birdshot. Largest shot size allowed is #6. Its a small local match, so most people just use whatever random #7.5 or #8 birdshot they have. Usually just one large plate to hit with slugs at 50-70ish yards.

@ Silver Fox, There certainly isn't any organized advertising for any of the shooting sports at ARPC. That's why I'm trying to help spread the word on here. I hadn't thought of fliers. I can't remember the last time I saw any sort of message board in any of the shops local to me. I'll have to check next time. Maybe that would be worth it.
It wouldn't be too difficult but it should be club generated with club logo.

I was a member of ARPC back in the 90's when I lived in Albany, really cool club and I love the improvements the club has done since then.

I suggest the PDF flyer cause a lot of the "gun community" work at real jobs and don't have time to play internet games. Club generated flyers could be emailed to shops to be printed out or members can be emailed them to hang in local shops. I know if I had one to print out I would hang it up at TJ Gun sales in McMinnville and I am sure some savvy person would hang one up at the shop in Newberg.

Just trying to help

SF-

Wanted to follow up on this, I ended up making it out to the match and had a great time. It was my first action style shooting match and had a very positive experience, lots of very helpful other shooters and an overall great atmosphere. I will say that was more shotgun shooting than I've done in a long time, I suspect I'll be feeling that for a few more days yet.. If anyone is on the fence about trying it out don't hesitate, it's a great match to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top