JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
there's a cult like interest in 'essential oil/aroma therapy' sales

I don't know about the pyramid sales angle. But a couple of years ago, my sister sent me a Christmas gift that consisted of an aroma diffuser and assorted oils. I used a couple that I liked the smell of. I'd set the device up (it had its own timer) so it would run when I went to bed. After waking up with a raw throat a few mornings and wondering why, I discontinued use of the diffuser and the raw throat issue went away.

I don't know about the pyramid sales angle. But a couple of years ago, my sister sent me a Christmas gift that consisted of an aroma diffuser and assorted oils. I used a couple that I liked the smell of. I'd set the device up (it had its own timer) so it would run when I went to bed. After waking up with a raw throat a few mornings and wondering why, I discontinued use of the diffuser and the raw throat issue went away.
I use one of those heated ones that has a ceramic bowl on top and I sprinkle a few pinches of my fav pipe tobacco in there now and then, quite enjoyable really!

To me, an essential oil is when you check your dipstick in your ATV and it's just barely registering and you now that you should top it off.

This thread needs to stop. The next thing you guys will be discussing is "chafing" and redness from your tissue paper!
No one's making you look!

external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

Back in my day "aroma therapy" was getting a whiff of the gas pump at the filling station. Later on it was filling up my motorcycle with Cam2. Now the mild, gentle essence of Rem oil does wonders for me. Ahhh, but that Cam2....

After handling C&R type weapons at the gunshow I get all giddy sniffing the soviet era cosmoline on my fingers tips.

Not gun related....I've always loved the smell of diesel. Gasoline too, but diesel is best. Burned or un-burned. Mom worked for Greyhound Lines for 47 year. It was her first and only job starting at 19. She was born in 1926 We used to get free travel and went to SoCal yearly. Always loved the smell of the bus depot, and where the buses loaded/the shop. To this day I still like it. Though they have change the formulas so some of it is irritating somewhat, and 10% veg oil changes the "scent".

It depends on my mood, quite frankly...

If the day begins with a load of yesterday's crap to deal with today and I am feeling vulnerable a brick of .22LR through my Hush Puppy can create the aroma that can help me SUPPRESS my insecurities and let me hide them from the mean old world.

On a normal day my everyday scent is the aroma created by 52 rounds of .45ACP HP. It says
I AM confident, hardhitting, BUT willing to open up fully when it is most necessary.

Now, on a date night it is still the age old choice of either chopped salad or perfectly tenderized steak....mmmm!

If tonight's choice is a delightfully earthy aromatic salad, I prefer a nice .357M selection.....say, 9 rounds (gotta love that S&W Nightguard wheel-gun) applied accurately to a head of iceberg, a beefsteak tomato, and perhaps an olive or two....the smell is delightful!!

Now for perfectly tenderize steak, nothing beats every butchers' most essential tool....yup, the humble M4 meat tenderizer...plus the piquant wafts of 5.56 credited just make a night.

But that's just me....

I'm just saying...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top