JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But, but....he was a Veteran
As the manipulative title says
I know a Marine Veteran who, regardless of his service, has a felony mentality and thought selling drugs to be the easier path
So he went to prison and his insane wife got to torture his kids while he was locked up.
And those kids will bare those scars the rest of their lives because of idiot adults.

The game was up the moment he squeezed the trigger on a blank piece of wood with an unknown person behind it.

After that, it's all just paperwork to establish the level of the sentence.
THIS is true.

Cate

His operation, legal or not, or the fact that he was/is a Veteran has NO bearing on the POOR, STUPID, RECKLESS, IRRESPONSIBLE and UNSAFE DECISION that he made when he shot through a solid door like he did.

He totally IGNORED all gun safety rules and more.

He must have gotten his TIPS from BIDEN! Fire in the air or fire through a door. Plus all of the other dumb bunny advice that Biden GAVE OUT in the past and in the present. Maybe he should have told everyone that he was only following BIDEN'S YEARS OF ADVICE when it came to GUNS.

I remember years ago when BIDEN came up with those stupid and unsafe remarks too. I wrote about it at the time too.

Funny on how the ANTI GUN people don't call BIDEN out for those remarks, eh?

The anti gun people and the PRESS should call BIDEN out for his remarks and wait for him to yell out, "You're a lying dog faced pony soldier!" Then they need to take him out of the WH and put him out to pasture!

C'mon man! LOL

Cate

I am veteran as are a lot of other people in the world. I served in the Army with some good folks , and quite a few people that I ranked right beside garbage as far as their human worth is concerned. Having served in the Armed Forces doesn't mystically make you a better person, there are a lot of folks who join because it is a job and they needed one , there was no other reason at hand in the decision. Some folks join because they are getting away from bad life decisions like crazy ex girlfriends, and others were given a choice of going to the Army or getting a felony or serious misdemeanor slapped on them. What we seem to be witnessing right now is the lash back from Viet Nam when returning vets were treated less than nice . It is a weird form wokeness for lack of a better term.

Vet is another one of the weird protected classes in some way , don't believe me try it out mention you were in the military . I guarantee someone will say thank you for your service because marketing and a social agenda by some parties made it fashionable to do so . FWIW Most of the country wasn't spitting on vets when they came home from Vietnam it was just some places and some a holes.

I remember my old man recounting a story about coming back from Vietnam and going through LAX , he said someone tried to spit on him and got laid out. The police watched the whole event , and after he finished they loaded up the dirty hippie for a ride to jail.

But, but....he was a Veteran
As the manipulative title says
I know a Marine Veteran who, regardless of his service, has a felony mentality and thought selling drugs to be the easier path
So he went to prison and his insane wife got to torture his kids while he was locked up.
And those kids will bare those scars the rest of their lives because of idiot adults.

I am a veteran too, and yes, being a veteran doesn't automatically make you a good person, but you know what? I do not mind it when someone mentions that a person is a veteran. Whether they did it well or not, they served and they deserve recognition of that fact - it wasn't an accident of birth and most served voluntarily knowing what it was going to entail. Many put their lives on the line at some time during their service.

That said, as pointed out, veteran status and ethnicity really have nothing to do with why this person is in jail.

A veteran over here in UK is the name given to any automobile manufactured before 1903.

As for being a US armed forces veteran, or anything else, for that matter, and whether or not that had any bearing on his more recent behaviour, I'm reminded of an old saying in Irish, 'Siúlann gach fear ina lorg coise féin.'

'Every man walks in his own footprints'.

I am a veteran too, and yes, being a veteran doesn't automatically make you a good person, but you know what? I do not mind it when someone mentions that a person is a veteran. Whether they did it well or not, they served and they deserve recognition of that fact - it wasn't an accident of birth and most served voluntarily knowing what it was going to entail. Many put their lives on the line at some time during their service.

That said, as pointed out, veteran status and ethnicity really have nothing to do with why this person is in jail.
THIS and thank you!

Cate

We humans have trouble with the complexity of humans--the fact that so many are a confusing mix of good and evil or accomplishment and failure. I'm reminded of "The Ballad of Ira Hayes" sung by Johnny Cash. Ira Hayes was a Pima Indian who volunteered for the Marines in WWII, and is one of the men portrayed in the photo of the flag raised on Iwa Jima. (Second raising.)(Not safe, as the Japanese were in tunnels and the fighting was far from over when the first ordinary sized flag was raised.) He became an iconic war hero. Was used in fund raising. Played himself in the movie "The Sands of Iwa Jima." After the war IH went back to the Pima reservation. He had PTSD, and died in a ditch of alcoholism, alcohol toxicity and exposure at the age of 32. He was buried in Arlington with full military honors. The pathos is enhanced by the fact that IH volunteered to fight for a country that had stripped his people of their lands and relegated them to conditions in which it was nearly impossible to earn a living or have much self-respect. (Info on IH and Iwa Jima flag raising from articles on those subjects in Wikipedia.) The Johnny Cash rendition of "The Ballad of Ira Hayes" is well worth a listen.

Chorus.
Call him drunken Ira Hayes. He won't answer any more.
Not the whiskey-drinkin' Indian. Nor the Marine who went to war.

Last Edited:
I am veteran as are a lot of other people in the world. I served in the Army with some good folks , and quite a few people that I ranked right beside garbage as far as their human worth is concerned. Having served in the Armed Forces doesn't mystically make you a better person, there are a lot of folks who join because it is a job and they needed one , there was no other reason at hand in the decision. Some folks join because they are getting away from bad life decisions like crazy ex girlfriends, and others were given a choice of going to the Army or getting a felony or serious misdemeanor slapped on them. What we seem to be witnessing right now is the lash back from Viet Nam when returning vets were treated less than nice . It is a weird form wokeness for lack of a better term.

Vet is another one of the weird protected classes in some way , don't believe me try it out mention you were in the military . I guarantee someone will say thank you for your service because marketing and a social agenda by some parties made it fashionable to do so . FWIW Most of the country wasn't spitting on vets when they came home from Vietnam it was just some places and some a holes.

I remember my old man recounting a story about coming back from Vietnam and going through LAX , he said someone tried to spit on him and got laid out. The police watched the whole event , and after he finished they loaded up the dirty hippie for a ride to jail.
Yup I hear that, most of the dudes I served with, I would have them at my dinner table, but damn if they were not great as my A gunner on my 60.

I don't care if he wasn't in compliance as far as his licenses to grow marijuana and none of us should take that into consideration either as far as I'm concerned. I'm pretty sure many of us here will soon, if we aren't already, be out of compliance as to the registration of our property. in Fact, if a man complies with any of the upcoming registration bs I will lose respect for that man faster than I would for a man growing weed out of compliance.
having said that, it was just plane dangerous to shoot through a door and dumb to say you felt threatened on the other side of it while armed unless the perp was shooting through it at you.
I would not convict him if I was on the jury.
I would also like to tell his wife to shut her damn mouth about the racial bs as it only pisses people off and will turn many allies into enemies.

Shooting through the door meant giving the bad guy no ability to withdraw. Do that and you're probably going to jail, even if the business is legal. And whatever the he11 race or gender you are.

Second issue is that none of the special considerations for self defense of a home or business apply if the bad guy is even an inch outside of the house or building.

Shooting through a door is amazingly stupid. Guy was just guessing the person was a bad guy. He failed to identify the target. Guy at door could have been a cop who noticed something suspicious (such as real bad guy), or friend, or person who had an accident on the road seeking help.
Cartilage is the area adjacent to a home, residence or business. Depending on how it's used. The home defense laws can apply to this area the same as if it were inside the structure

Says right on the form are you on marijuana or other illegal drugs or non Rx meds. Can't federally defend marijuana with guns. Blacks and poor white have done that for years and are all in prison. I have 0 pitty for him

Shooting through the door meant giving the bad guy no ability to withdraw. Do that and you're probably going to jail, even if the business is legal. And whatever the he11 race or gender you are.

Second issue is that none of the special considerations for self defense of a home or business apply if the bad guy is even an inch outside of the house or building.

Shooting through a door is amazingly stupid. Guy was just guessing the person was a bad guy. He failed to identify the target. Guy at door could have been a cop who noticed something suspicious (such as real bad guy), or friend, or person who had an accident on the road seeking help.
Let's add it is a federal crime to even possess a firearm as an illegal drug user. Philando Castile learned why...

There are a lot of fluff details that I don't think should matter but for whatever reason, are emphasized. A person shot though a door at another person and killed them. Whether either were black/white, male/female, veteran/not a veteran, house/pot farm.... But we all see the world though our own tinted glasses
Uhhh, fella? We capitalize Black now. Do try to keep up. 😎

/satire.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top