JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door."

Consider for a moment......that attitudes about "property" are changing rapidly. Then add.....it's MEDICAL MJ. Rrrrright......obviously......the potential theft was to help with a medical issue/problem.

Aloha, Mark
Several people have been commenting on this since she said this. Noting that she just got another 10Mil for some new project so there is no way in hell she was ever at the store to buy laundry detergent. Also the most obvious take away, why does she live behind locked gated homes? She should open her gates and doors and let the "poor" come take her stuff. She of course meant it was only "other people" who should do this. She also of course does not mention that food is still out where it can be stolen. The items locked up are stolen then taken outside and sold for cash by these "poor". Another multi millionaire who does everything she can to avoid taxes on herself, yet she wants others to just give their stuff away.

The problem was below. I'm sorry but its hard to feel sorry for someone who does this. Now if I ended up on his jury they would never get a conviction but, people need to learn you can not do this.

Then when he heard the person at the back door, he fired three shots through the door,
I was all ready to donate to his fund until I read that he shot through the door :eek:

Shooting through the door meant giving the bad guy no ability to withdraw. Do that and you're probably going to jail, even if the business is legal. And whatever the he11 race or gender you are.

Second issue is that none of the special considerations for self defense of a home or business apply if the bad guy is even an inch outside of the house or building.

Shooting through a door is amazingly stupid. Guy was just guessing the person was a bad guy. He failed to identify the target. Guy at door could have been a cop who noticed something suspicious (such as real bad guy), or friend, or person who had an accident on the road seeking help.
'Guy' at the door could have been a little blind gal cookie seller from the local Legion of Mary clog Dancing Association raising a few $$$$ to send handicapped orphans to Lourdes.

That's the trouble with solid doors - you just never know who's doin' the knockin'.

1) "Conversely, if it had been a white guy who shot a black guy thru the door, would the wife of the black guy be calling for the shooter's head on a platter?"
If the shootee had been a BIPOC there would have been weeks of riots, arson, and general affray.

2) "Shooting through a door is amazingly stupid."
It is also a violation of the basic safety rule "Know you target and what is around and behind it." I agree that shooting through the door is likely the reason he was charged."

3) "Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door." _ J. Biden
Joe Biden is also amazingly stupid.

So.....it was an ILLEGAL grow operation.
That's the bit of info I was looking for.

So, as per the usual arrangement, (1) he shouldn't have been doing illegal things, (2) the things he was doing shouldn't be illegal, (3) if those things were not illegal, this almost surely wouldn't have happened, (4) killing someone in furtherance of a crime is generally considered more egregious than either thing alone.

How often does one see this on a corn farm? Hmmm?

So the guy was running an illegal grow operation...At the building at 1AM...Dumb schnitzle was probably baked out of his head.....shooting through the door makes perfect sense.

I consider this a win. Thief got toasted and hopefully so will the drug dealer.

Cry me a river......

Upon reflection.......I would probably never considered writing a response like this back in the 60's/70's.
Have to admit it was fun getting the dog loaded......
Had a rabbit that liked red wine...sadly, that didn't end well.

Last Edited:

So, as per the usual arrangement, (1) he shouldn't have been doing illegal things, (2) the things he was doing shouldn't be illegal, (3) if those things were not illegal, this almost surely wouldn't have happened, (4) killing someone in furtherance of a crime is generally considered more egregious than either thing alone.

Legal marijuana grow operations and dispensaries are regularly robbed at gun point (the latter because they have to deal in cash as banks won't let them use credit or ATM cards) - so it being technically illegal (he didn't have a permit, or was his permit expired?) may or may not have been an issue.

It wasn't the dope that was the problem IMO - he is in jail because he shot thru the door?
This is correct , had he waited for the intruder to come through the door he would have been golden. Oklahoma has some very liberal shoot laws when it comes to self defense . What I mean is the law gives the weight of the benefit of the doubt to the shooter on their proeprty. We were first in the nation to pass make my day legislation , along with a host of other laws relating to defense of one's home . You have no obligation to retreat and an intruder does not have to be armed to be shot on your property. But the fact he shot through the door creates a problem for him legally. Had he been outside he could've shot the intruder and made the argument he was in danger , but since he wasnt outside and the intruder wasn't inside he has a problem

There is legal as in no special laws, and there is legal as in the current state of affairs. Why do they deal in cash and not VISA like everyone else?

Well, there's your problem.
Dispensaries deal in cash because the feds put pressure on financial institutions to not deal with dispensaries.

But that is hopefully changing:

Dispensaries deal in cash because the feds put pressure on financial institutions to not deal with dispensaries.
Exactly.

Every sort of business can get robbed, but if one is being robbed at an atypical rate, there has to be a reason. In this case, the government is preventing impeding adults from participating in voluntary exchanges of goods and services.

This always causes problems. It's also the reason we even have an ATF.

Marijuana is illegal at the federal level. It's a Schedule I drug, the category considered most dangerous to abuse and least useful medically. Most people do not believe that classification is appropriate. So much so that various states have their own marijuana laws. Since federal overrides state on drug laws, the states that have legalized marijuana simply don't use their own resources to police the federal laws. So a state-legal growing or selling operation is still always illegal on a federal level and could be raided by federal agents at any time. The feds appear uninclined to step in with operations that are smsll and not engaged in interstate commerce. But they could. Credit card companies and banks don't deal with marijuana operations because marijuana operations are are all illegal, and the credit card companies would be engaging in interstate commerce on behalf of a known criminal enterprise.

Marijuana is illegal at the federal level. It's a Schedule I drug, the category considered most dangerous to abuse and least useful medically. Most people do not believe that classification is appropriate. So much so that various states have their own marijuana laws. Since federal overrides state on drug laws, the states that have legalized marijuana simply don't use their own resources to police the federal laws. So a state-legal growing or selling operation is still always illegal on a federal level and could be raided by federal agents at any time. The feds appear uninclined to step in with operations that are smsll and not engaged in interstate commerce. But they could. Credit card companies and banks don't deal with marijuana operations because marijuana operations are are all illegal, and the credit card companies would be engaging in interstate commerce on behalf of a known criminal enterprise.
Yes, but when the article was talking about an "illegal" grow operation, they meant illegal in the sense that his license to operate it with the state had expired, not that he was running a clandestine black market operation.

Yes, but when the article was talking about an "illegal" grow operation, they meant illegal in the sense that his license to operate it with the state had expired, not that he was running a clandestine black market operation.
Right. I was trying to address questions about why marijuana operations usually can't use credit cards or banks.

Like it or not.....
You don't have the "proper paperwork" to operate legally. Well, it is what it is.

So then, think about......
That corner "un-lic. pharmaceutical dealer" in the neighborhood.

Rrrrrright......it's just a "racist ploy" to criminalize what people want.

The police shouldn't bother with him?

Rrrrright......remember that seller (Eric Garner) of un-taxed cigarettes? Yup......another victim of the racist police.

Ooops......shades of George FLOYD. Maybe, the police shouldn't be arresting people over passing counterfeit money too?

Wasn't one of the selling points of RECREATIONAL LEGAL MJ that the Govt. can/could collect taxes?

Rrrrright......without the lic. and compliance requirements.....who would be paying the taxes and/or footing the bill(s) for the negative externalities?

Don't get me wrong.....YES, there are many things that the Govt regulates, that maybe they shouldn't. And perhaps, some stuff are or should be left up to the consumer (or the law makers). We could have a debate over that at a later time.

That being said......
I won't want to subsidize (what I consider to be) bad behaviors.

So PERHAPS we could/should let people do what they want. BUT NO MORE......
Welfare. Section 8 housing, Food Stamps, Tax Credits "and/or tax payer funded extras" for families that can't afford to pay their own way, etc... etc... Rrrrright.....IF ONLY.....the trade was that easy.

"Smoke em if you got um."

BTW......why are illegal (un-lic) drivers allowed to sue a legal driver, when a roadway "accident" occurs? Seems to me, that much more compliance could be gotten, if that were changed.

LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
What it comes down to it, white, black, brown, purple with pink polka dots - shoot thru a door at an unknown person, you are most likely going to jail - eventually. Not sure that such a person needs to be kept in jail until their trial, or that it is murder and not manslaughter (debatable) - if they are disarmed and kept disarmed - but to jail they will go.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top