JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No, not like that! He rescued it!
He shot the tree, and then the rope the eagle was tangled in, and freed it.

35E55C8500000578-3671801-image-a-7_1467498469798.jpg

Army veteran rescues eagle dangling upside down from 75-foot tree (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3671801/Army-veteran-rescues-bald-eagle-dangling-upside-rope-75-foot-tree.html)

35E55C5900000578-3671801-image-m-4_1467498345262.jpg

Now the little guy has a name,... Freedom!

I sure hope there was absolutely nothing in the half mile or so behind him because I'm not sure an eagle is worth sending 150 rounds with the sky as a backstop.

I think he was using a Marlin... Had it been a Ruger he would still be there... Or the bird would be dead because he shot it.

Dear Mr Slimer, I earnestly recommend that you review your priorities with regard to the value of your national bird.

That's all I'm saying, 'kay?

tac

A couple weeks ago, me and my brother in law got an rc airplane stuck in a tree. We went and grabbed a Gradall.

Just saying I hope he wasn't raining .22 into a neighborhood. And yes I value human life over animal life, symbolism aside.

Dear Mr Slimer, I earnestly recommend that you review your priorities with regard to the value of your national bird.

That's all I'm saying, 'kay?

tac
Kind of a bird story that doesn't have anything to do with anything but back a long time ago my brother and his buds were way out in the mountains in California just camping and dicking around. They saw a large group of people with binoculars staring up into a tree.
Well, they stopped that old Cadillac, got out and discovered that they were all ooing and ahhing that it was a spotted owl. My brother drew a snubnose .38 and drilled that thing.
end of story

My dad after the Columbus day storm in 62 used his Savage 110DL -06 to shoot the widow makers out of a number of trees on our property he used soft cast lead slugs and reduced loads. As I remember most only took one or two rounds. He was doing this off and on well into the late 60's.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top