JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Army Unveils Pink Camouflage Uniform
pink-uniform-edit2-750x400.jpg
Duffel Blog image from US Army photo.
Army Unveils Pink Camouflage Uniform For Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Yossarian
October 4, 2015
Army

THE PENTAGON — The Army unveiled a new uniform today, the result of a newly-announced partnership with the National Football League to promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The pink camouflage uniform, dubbed Pink Camouflage Pattern (PCP), will be made available to all soldiers within the next week.

"We've previously partnered with the NFL in promoting research for traumatic brain injury, and are pleased to again partner with them for another noble cause," said Sgt. Maj. of the Army Daniel A. Dailey.

It's not yet clear what role the pink camouflage uniforms will play in Army combat operations. The uniforms have been undergoing field testing with a Special Forces unit on a mission in Nigeria training troops to combat Boko Haram. Even though the unit's role is limited to training and support and not direct combat, the unit has suffered 70% casualties in the first two weeks of wearing the uniform.

"It's too early to conclude if this will be the most effective combat uniform for the Army," said Dailey, "but I'm sure it won't be any worse than the Universal Camouflage Pattern."

While some have criticized the NFL for promoting breast cancer awareness as a cynical public relations stunt aimed at increasing female viewership, senior leaders are quick to dismiss such criticism.

"I don't believe the NFL is doing this to increase ratings by attracting female viewers to their testosterone-laden gladiator sport, or to counter negative publicity from their rash of players using women as punching bags. I believe they genuinely care about women's health issues," said new Army Chief of Staff Gen. Mark Milley.

"As does the Army. We definitely aren't doing this as part of a public relations campaign aimed at increasing female recruitment to a professional culture of violence that has been accused of having unequal opportunities for women and sexually assaulting women at an alarming rate. Our only aim is combatting the scourge of breast cancer."

The NFL has also been the subject of criticism because very little of the proceeds from its pink ribbon campaign actually supports breast cancer research.

"The Army will contribute fifteen cents from every uniform sold to breast cancer research," said Dailey. "It's the least we can do. Literally."

Read more: http://www.duffelblog.com/2015/10/army-unveils-pink-camo-for-breast-cancer-awareness/#ixzz3njOWahDc

:s0092:Even though the unit's role is limited to training and support and not direct combat, the unit has suffered 70% casualties in the first two weeks of wearing the uniform.

I support the cause for sure.

BUT

Why not just use that money for research or to open more health facilities that will continue to do good at times other then just "BC Month".

What a waste of money IMO.

I sure wish I could sue the people that keep causing me to break ribs from laughing so damn hard. Now that image not only broke ribs but overflowed the toilet..............................................:eek::mad::(:confused::eek::rolleyes:o_O

TMI :p :oops: :rolleyes: :cool: :s0101:

Segue, true story. My BIL has cancer, and is also mentally ill, and often does not pause to think of his chosen topic.

He called me yesterday, that he had a GOOD Stool.

My care giver walks in, and said that log truck which just went by had a Big One on it....

I was hurting from Not laughing about that "Big Log"

philip, who listens to everything his BIL says, as he really is not long to be in this world...

This is just absolutely embarrassing.. I still love America and can not imagine living anywhere else, but everything I love about it is being demonized and now even our military is being degraded and an alarming rate. So many things I see these days lead me to believe we are being led to destruction rather then greatness.
I once was heavily considering a career in the air force, but could not stomach the idea of signing away my liberties to this Govt we have in place now.

%70 casualties, that is disgusting.. I can not even imagine what their families are going through, dying for your country in a bubbleguming pink uniform?
Im sure Mr Obummer would love to piss on their graves too

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top