JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
10lbs less weight per 1000 rds and a much smaller charge doesnt or wouldnt give me any warm fuzzies in the field.

Rotating chamber? Looks like someone just re-discovered the Dardick patents. I actually think the Dardick Tround might be a better concept. It did get commercial use in the drilling industry.

Note the patent date--1958!! Probably before the current crop of "inventors"
was born. Dardick tround - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as plastic cased ammo, I used to find quite a few 5.56 cases at therange that were a short brass head with a gray plastic case. Haven't found one lately---maybe they didn't work so well?

As a kid in the 70's, and just starting to learn to shoot I remember shooting plastic cased .38 Special out of a 4" Python. I recall my older cousin not being impressed with it at the time.

back in a former life, we had a tank (M60A2) that used a combustable (sp?) cartridge. Because it required a breech scavenger system to blow the ash out of the tube, and an electric closing breech, it was SLOW!. In tank to tank warfare, slow means dead. I was very glad we didn't wind up going to war with it....although it was the same gun tube used in the M551 Sheridan...

Anyway...I like brass cased rounds, based on my experience - will take me a while to adapt to a change, if it ever comes about.

I doubt it would catch on in the civilian market any time soon, but after reading that article it does seem like a nice step forward for machine gunners. I mean, lowering the total weight of the equipment from 80 to 70 pounds might not look like much on paper, but I would bet dollars to donuts most people who have to hump around 80 pounds of metal would really love any kind of reduction to that weight they could get. I couldn't really see these used widely though, due to the mentioned reduction in powder charge and possible deformation issues.

back in a former life, we had a tank (M60A2) that used a combustable (sp?) cartridge. Because it required a breech scavenger system to blow the ash out of the tube, and an electric closing breech, it was SLOW!. In tank to tank warfare, slow means dead. I was very glad we didn't wind up going to war with it....although it was the same gun tube used in the M551 Sheridan...

Anyway...I like brass cased rounds, based on my experience - will take me a while to adapt to a change, if it ever comes about.

I used to teach that weapon system at Aberdeen Proving Grounds! It was a POS and those fumes were toxic! We were taught that the face mask/breathing system was manditory for the tank crew when shooting the round!

I used to teach that weapon system at Aberdeen Proving Grounds! It was a POS and those fumes were toxic! We were taught that the face mask/breathing system was manditory for the tank crew when shooting the round!

Really? We never got a mask. We were the first (and best!) M60A2 tank battalion in Europe.... 1/32 AR, 3AD Still remember going to Graf with them buggers and doing gunnery. Would much preferred to stay in the M60A1.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top