JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Special Ops Command Aims to Convert M4A1 Carbine

I do take issue with the article and author.

They mention a contract awarded to Sig fir 10 prototype PDW kits, which they say

The complete kit includes the upper receiver and bump stock kits; tools required for the conversion; and an attachable light and sound reducing suppressor, according to the request for information released on FedBizOpps.

I seriously doubt the military is considering bump stocks, and I have read about this proposal before. This author or the editor is either ignorant, purposefully misleading, or just plain stupid.

They think this: m1-1-e1473279268145-1024x661.jpg
Is this:
bump-stock-mp-324x324.jpg

They mention a contract awarded to Sig fir 10 prototype PDW kits, which they say

I seriously doubt the military is considering bump stocks, and I have read about this proposal before. This author or the editor is either ignorant, purposefully misleading, or just plain stupid.

They have the fun switch, they don't need one of those turds. Could be a typo, butt stock rather than bump stock. :cool:

What a joke.

Who is "national defense"? "Fedbizops"? Some kind of "stars and stripes" tabloid?

Honestly, I don't believe a single word in that article.

What a joke.

Who is "national defense"? "Fedbizops"? Some kind of "stars and stripes" tabloid?

Honestly, I don't believe a single word in that article.

I think fedbizops is the website for government contractors to submit bids, but may be wrong

$7,700 for each conversion kit? Can't a new rifle be made for a lot less than that?

The base I live next to spent $100 (each) on hammers, not special hammers just your basic cheap hammers.
As a former DoD contractor I can attest that in the government contract world money is just a number with no association beyond that. I've seen 10k desks and as mentioned about 500 dollar hammers... It really amazes me that we're still able to not only compete with the EU but beat them economically...for now...

As a former DoD contractor I can attest that in the government contract world money is just a number with no association beyond that. I've seen 10k desks and as mentioned about 500 dollar hammers... It really amazes me that we're still able to not only compete with the EU but beat them economically...for now...

Black budget money has to come from somewhere...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews