JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi! I'm back after a long absence from the forum...

I was recently accepted into the Army OCS!

Anybody here gone through this before?

I've done a lot of research, but would be interested in other member's personal experiences.

:s0043:

Army Strong!

NW Moss, send me a PM when you get a chance. I have some info from a kid who came back from Army OCS Recently that should help.

Congratulations BTW, you are going to have the time of your life.

Tucker

NW Moss are you going to FT Benning ? Or one of the new programs they have started up and what do you plan to Branch?

Well, since I did not to ROTC in college I do have to go to benning (14 DEC) after I go to BCT - 29 SEP.

I know it will be a blast!

I put Armor as my #1 choice - but what it sounds like is that the real choice comes after I graduate the 1st part of OCS - then the following two schools pertain to whatever branch the Army gives me - and that depends on my test scores and my performance in OCS (If the ASVAB test scores mean anything, i should get 1st pick).

So in all likelyhood - I will be Armor.

Start the following ASAP/now if you're not already.
-Waking up at 1AM (PST)
-Running-30+ miles per week (if you're not running now, start slowly and ramp up to 30+miles per week in about a month)
-know what running shoes work well for your feet
-100+situps and 100+ pushups per day.
-30 second showers, including shaving

You will have a new definition of fitness brought down on you y one of Satan's finest DIs shortly...it really helps if you can be ahead of the game.

So i hear. That's why i went to Air Force OTS (Officer Training School). Much nicer people.

I can still remember my first day; arriving early and having someone come up to me and offer to help with my suitcase. I was glad because i was tired and it was heavy.:)

(If you think i'm joking, you're wrong!)

I ETS'S 30 yrs ago. If you were not running you were in deep doo doo,run all you can because you will have to every day service is great watching tanks at nite fire, priceless
brings back lots of memories. awesome. I was a Combat Engineer 12 B 10 A Co 237th Engrs good for you... 74-76

Two useful things I learned at US Air Force Basic (different but similar) was:

1) how to shoot billiards. (Air Force is pretty easy)

2) leave your clean, folded uniforms, socks, underwear, in the drawer and just keep rotating your daily uniform out of your laundry bag. That way you don't have to mess with ironing your briefs and such. You will always have a squared-away clothing drawer. :s0155:

Congrats and good luck!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads