JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like an overly complex, expensive answer looking for a problem...
….So ya, the guys that figured 5 walls for a office building was wise use of funds, should love it!

Last Edited:
Clap trap, I love innovation, however this isn't really innovation. This is hobby gunsmithing run amok, The modern rifle will never drastically change from what it is now until a more effective/less costly ammunition / propellant is invented / discovered. Otherwise it is all just 'different outfits on the same girl.'

Bull-pups are far more exciting, and although I am not combat experienced, I do not see a major benefit in firing 4 shots simultaneously unless it had a super duper tracking computer that could target 4 hostile simultaneously. Anything that relies on a radio / electronic signal to fire is also destined to fail and fail hard if any tech was used by the enemy.

Hell, even a drone with a Glock attached to it and enabled to fire from the drone would be more believable regarding potential use than this rifle.

Interesting, quad bores in a single barrel, blocks of 6mm ammo that can be fired sequentially or all at once...

It's intriguing in concept, but if the actuators to fire the rounds are electronic, that could be a deal breaker for the Army. Wonder what the mean time between failures will be...

Well, it certainly makes policing your brass at the range much easier! Am a little concerned about a "casing" ejecting backward and hitting the shooter in the face... :rolleyes:

What I would like to see in a Infantry rifle ...
( This coming from a former Infantry / LRRP / LRSD solider...)
Simple to use and clean...
Reliable...
A good balance of:
Rounds that can be carried...
Ballistic performance...
And overall weight and "handiness" of carrying...
Capable of good "battlefield accuracy"....
Less of the "Science fiction" gizmo's...

Combat is a harsh environment...In my experience what is needed is a simple . robust rifle , with little that can go wrong or missing while in use...all while providing the accuracy and damage needed to keep that Infantryman safe.
Simple is better in my opinion...less to remember about , less to maintain , less parts to break , lose or forget....
Your rifle is your "Lifeline" in combat....Less can actually be more here.
Andy

It doesn't look very durable - especially the stacked, flat, four barrel arrangement. Looks like this could get bent very easily. Also I suspect ammo cost would be expensive and difficult to manufacture. Essentially nothing more than a four round disposable 'mag'.

4 rounds in a block about the size of a 30 round magazine.

That only makes it worthless.

Ergos look horrible.
An elecronic based gun is not a good idea no matter how reliable/long lasting. All of the gismos and tech we put on guns may aid us, but at the end of the day with current electronic tech mechanical actions are superior. Anybody can replace a firing pin.
Trouble shooting where the "short" is on your rifle however:rolleyes::p

Also this takes blocks? Not magazines? Sounds heavier and less capacity then what we have.

The day we can feasably put mini guns in soldiers hands, with exoskeletons and ammo feeding devices with helmets that have point of aim/impact in sync with the barrels is they day i might accept electronic firing mechanisms.

What I would like to see in a Infantry rifle ...
( This coming from a former Infantry / LRRP / LRSD solider...)
Simple to use and clean...
Reliable...
A good balance of:
Rounds that can be carried...
Ballistic performance...
And overall weight and "handiness" of carrying...
Capable of good "battlefield accuracy"....
Less of the "Science fiction" gizmo's...

Combat is a harsh environment...In my experience what is needed is a simple . robust rifle , with little that can go wrong or missing while in use...all while providing the accuracy and damage needed to keep that Infantryman safe.
Simple is better in my opinion...less to remember about , less to maintain , less parts to break , lose or forget....
Your rifle is your "Lifeline" in combat....Less can actually be more here.
Andy

You just described the AR15 , m4 , m16 . Imo

4 rounds in a block about the size of a 30 round magazine.

That only makes it worthless.

Incredibly worthless.

Like a lot of amateur inventors, he forgot what the main problems are: ammo cost, ammo capacity, and ammo weight.

By essentially casting 4 rounds into a literal block of metal, he's made all those problems exceptionally worse than the current solution.

Oh cool, 4 barrels and electronic actuation that can be spoofed by electronic warfare. Brilliant!

I think it's awesome that a guy built something very advanced in his garage. Sure it's not ready for battle but the invention itself is worth some big money. The army may want it just to say they have it and to develop it further. This stuff will happen in the not to distant future. A small 9v sized power source powering 200 rounds of smart bullets with variable power and multiple rounds ? Someday . Why didn't he call the projectile a .244 ?

A possible way of the future is a viable caseless ammo.

Maybe a different propellant type as stated above.

I think there are some thoughts here worth merit but something viable for military service will look 99% different from this thing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top